armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Recruit

Default Shady Recruiters?

Now I will start off by saying that I am not yet in the ARMY. I leave for MEPS the last week of this month, then I enslit for Active Duty.

But I have been having some serious problems with the recruiters I have come across.
I come from a very strong military background, including recruiters.
I am now on my third recruiter in the last 3 months. My first recruiter was a civilian contractor, who served time in Korea, and was retired. Great guy, really reminded me alot of my father befor he passed. Well I get a call one day, from a woman introducing her self, explaining how my previous recruiter was let go, pretty much over night. Well, I get to thinking....I'm going to go Infantry, which is a field that they don't even let women in, so how can she answer my questions? So I switched recruiters. Well the first time I go to meet my third recruiter, the first thing he says is if I like to drink and party, i will love the army. He starts telling me about all of his druken nights in germany when he was just a young soldier. I will admit, I nearly walked out of his office once he started talking. I am joining the ARMY to be a soldier. I am NOT joining the ARMY so I can go get drunk and party, and sleep with foreign women. May be apealing to some, but not my type of thing.

My problem with this whole situation, it seems like this guy is telling people that if they love to party and drink then come on in, the ARMY is just for you. I know that is NOT the case. I was completly apauld by him, and i lost most of the respect I had for him. The army is not a place to party and get laid. Now I may be completly out of hand with every last word I have said. But i am really bothered by todays recruiters. I know the recruiters in my family would never misrepresented the ARMY in this manner.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:49 AM
General of the Armies

Sounds to me that the recruiter you talked too really needs to grow up.... you get fools in all walks of life, and he is certainly one of them.. He should have gotten to know you a little first before giving you the run down on the wild nights out with the boyz.... That said, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so whilst you got a fool placing partying out of context, like all young men, your hobbies must include some partying and chasing hot chics.... Your past it now, so dont dwell on it, just put it down to the laws of statistics, big Army, even tools like that recuiter get in some way.... Good luck in your training....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Private

Default Hahahaha

Hehehehe,

I've also talked to a ton of recruiters and some are serious... Others inform me of the ppppppartaaay. This can be good and it can be BAD, BUT don't expect everything in life to be like your OLD MAN or how he USE to tell you in his stories.

You'll come across all different types of people in all walks of life... SO DEAL with it son!

You should probably go join the NAVY; you'd be better suited for YMCA dance.

That would be fun.. Maybe I'll go to... Y M C AAAAAA

Old 03-24-2007, 06:40 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goluf View Post
Hehehehe,

I've also talked to a ton of recruiters and some are serious... Others inform me of the ppppppartaaay. This can be good and it can be BAD, BUT don't expect everything in life to be like your OLD MAN or how he USE to tell you in his stories.

You'll come across all different types of people in all walks of life... SO DEAL with it son!

You should probably go join the NAVY; you'd be better suited for YMCA dance.

That would be fun.. Maybe I'll go to... Y M C AAAAAA
lol... sounds like the Navy is the place for you too....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-24-2007, 06:44 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
lol... sounds like the Navy is the place for you too....
lol... good one mate

Old 03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Sounds like your second recruiter would have been the one to stick with. Quite impossible to call her shady when you didn't even give her a chance. While she couldn't answer certain questions about infantry life, she would have been able to let you talk to someone that could. Besides, you don't use recruiters to answer questions, they'll just fill you with fluff anyway ... they're just there to fill out the paperwork.

As for the Army, or military in general being a place to party and get laid? Sure it is, guys love to unwind after work. While I agree that should not be a selling point from the recruiter, it is a fact of military life. As the old addage, work hard, play harder. You will see a lot of that in your career.

Tell the recruiter to grow up and start taking his job a little more seriously, we are, after all, in a time of war.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Private

Default Shady Recruiters?

All recruiters have a chain of command and there is usually his/her boss there in the same office. If you think something is inappropriate your recruiter is telling you Let the chain of command know. Now about the female recruiter, Why did you assume she could not help you? You better but your sexist thoughts aside you will be working with them in the military, yes even in the Infantry.

ReneeMo