Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Private First Class

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in the sip View Post
my husband is in fort jackson 2/60th he is suppose to be graduating march 18 . i heard that they are getting into alot of trouble so i have not been able to talk to him lately
Im sorry you did not her from your husband, I didnt hear from mine either. He lost his phone privaleges this past week because he asked me to send him spandex shorts, black and all the store had were blue. Since they were blue instead of black he was written up. I felt horrible!!!!!! but in way it is punishing to the both of us lol... i wont ever do that again. i cant wait to hear from him this weekend. he has told me about so many instances about people that are acting up and causing trouble. sometimes i feel though that the drill sgts want them to think things are worse than usual and that everything that they are going through is something that was planned out any way. but who knows, i just hope all is well with our men and wish them luck!!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Private First Class

Default Husband at Fort Jackson

Yes my husband just left for Fort Jackson on March 3rd. He is in the D company. I have heard from him a few times, but it's really hard. Has anyone received any information about the insurance. His recruiter told me it would be 5 days, but i still have not heard anything.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Corporal

i guess being at fort jackson just involves being in trouble pretty much all the time! lol as long as they get everything done and pass all the required items they'll graduate on time. for the 2-60th it's only about a week til family day! when you fly out for family day and graduation start checking the weather about a week before and keep checking it so you know what to pack! don't wanna be in shorts in freezing cold weather lol

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslyn147 View Post
Yes my husband just left for Fort Jackson on March 3rd. He is in the D company. I have heard from him a few times, but it's really hard. Has anyone received any information about the insurance. His recruiter told me it would be 5 days, but i still have not heard anything.
It took about 2-3 weeks to recieve the form to take to the base and get Id. But on another post someone said you can go to Tricare physician with husband SSN and should be good to go.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiHer82 View Post
Welcome to the forum! There is a few of us with husbands/sons in the 2/60th. My husband is in Company F. What about yours? I'm sorry you haven't been able to hear from your husband. That can be pretty tough. I didn't hear from mine this weekend, but that's because they are at Victory Forge this week, but just think...in 10 days we get to see them!!
THank you ,my dates were wrong it is the 20th he graduates and we will be up there on the 18 ,but last i heard he stil has to take his PT test so im really confused wheather or not he is grauduating or not.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Private

Quote:
THank you ,my dates were wrong it is the 20th he graduates and we will be up there on the 18 ,but last i heard he stil has to take his PT test so im really confused wheather or not he is grauduating or not.
he is in E -company PLT 4

Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Corporal

Quote:
My husband is E -Company as well. he sent me the results of the PT, which was administered Thursday, 5th, If I read it correct. My husband said overall, kind of low scores, but like only 5 did not pass. And from other forum info. it seems as though they let some of them continue to retest if it is close.
It seems as if your husband would have notified you if he did not pass, so that you could arrange accordingly.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekamcclung View Post
My husband is E -Company as well. he sent me the results of the PT, which was administered Thursday, 5th, If I read it correct. My husband said overall, kind of low scores, but like only 5 did not pass. And from other forum info. it seems as though they let some of them continue to retest if it is close.
It seems as if your husband would have notified you if he did not pass, so that you could arrange accordingly.
thanks for the info. it really helps alot. did you recieve his results in the mail? when did you get them? did he pass the PT test?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Corporal

Quote:
thanks for the info. it really helps alot. did you recieve his results in the mail? when did you get them? did he pass the PT test?
my husband wrote the results in a letter on thursday night when he was up for 1:30am- 3:30 duty. Letter was post marked on Friday, 6th. You could call the number on the invitation and ask someone at the company headquaters??? You have to make plans and all.
Good luck.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Private

unfortunately i do have have the invitation i sent it to my mother in law . but i did recieve it in feb. do you have the number i can call?