armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Recruit

Default Trying to re-enlist after fraudulent enlistment.

So here's the deal... I went to Parris Island in 2006 (at 18 years old). A few weeks into training, I get the infamous letter from my fiance that she had found someone else and got several letters from friends saying that she was banging everything in pants. Being young and incredibly stupid, i thought that the world was over. That seemingly apocalyptic news, coupled with the immense stress of boot camp just sent me over the edge.. I told my recruiter about being on antidepressants for about 6 months when I was 16 or so and of course, he told me to keep my mouth shut. SO when I felt like I just couldn't take anymore, I decided that i was going to go home (completely *****in retarded of me, I know). SO I plotted with other recruits and tried to think of a reason to get sent home. I even considered cutting off one of my toes...briefly. Then I heard about a kid that lied about a heart murmur and was sent home. So, I immediately thought about my recruiter telling me to lie about the meds and I went to my senior and told him all about it and that I was still supposed to be on the meds. In the state that I was in, I was ready to say anything that would get me sent home. On all the questionaires and forms, i just remember putting whatever I thought would get me sent home. Long story short, they sent me to MHU, who called my parents and asked about the meds AFTER I had talked to my mother on the phone...BIG MISTAKE. After hearing me balling like a little girl she told the doctors about the meds and went along with the story that I was still supposed to be on them. I ended up with fraudulent enlistment and a General Discharge. My re-enlistment code is RE-3P.

Of course, I have regretted and hated myself every day of my life for making this decision. I attempted to join the Army last year, but my recruiter said that he just couldn't get the waivers after he had submitted the paperwork. Would my chances get better for being able to re-enlist after more time has passed? Is there anything that I can do to better my chances at all? I really don't want to go the rest of my life with FRAUD on my record. Especially since I want to go into Law Enforcement.

ANY help is appreciated!
Thanks

Old 01-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Recruit

From everything I've read a fraudulent enlistment discharge barres an individual from enlisting into any branch for life. But I could be wrong, I'm new at all this stuff myself.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Staff Sergeant

i have heard the same. what i would do would be to go to a recruiting station and talk to the CO there and see if he has any suggestions or people to talk to. it probably may also depend on your willingness at the time to enlist that always seems to getting the recruiting people motivated showing that you are willing to join right away and thats less work they have to do as far as trying to convince you to join. since you went to parris island did u originally enlist in the marines and if thats the case i would consider talking to them again as well and see what they can do if anything.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Recruit

My Army recruiter did tell me to try the NG and see what they say. Is the Guard different in terms of re-enlistment rules?

Old 02-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Corporal

Send a message via AIM to CaMike140 Send a message via MSN to CaMike140 Send a message via Yahoo to CaMike140
Default ...

that sucks man... i got a john deer letter when i was in basic too. as you now know, life goes on. anyway, what is your actual seperation code? sometimes they make mistakes and dont put the right codes... if it is anything besided "YKG" (Fraudulent Entry), then you might have a chance at getting back in. well, good luck to you on that. if you cant get back in or get it changed just try not to worry about it. once youve exhausted your options, there's nothing you can do but let life run its course...

Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Recruit

Default re-enlistment code

Mt Re-enlistment code is RE3P

Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Staff Sergeant

Talking

The only way to reply to your posting is this!!! You made a mistake early in your life just as others have and will do. This will definately take a toll on your life and feelings. You need to deal with your issues within yourself before you can do anything for anyone else and that is the way the Military feels about individuals like yourself. When you sign documents in a contract for a purchase ( like a car or house ). There is no cooling off period!!!!! Meaning you are stuck with your decision. This is exactly what you have to live with. No girl at the age of 18 would have made me feel like what you let her put you through. If she was sleeping with everything that walked she did not deserve to be in a relationship any ways. The contract you signed was for YOU & your COUNTRY!!!! What did you do for your country? You put your feelings for a ***** in front of the COUNTRY. DESERTER!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Brigadier General

I believe the USMC code RE 3P is not able to meet the physical/medical requiremnets. If that problem is corrected then I feel you could get waivers. If you can get psyched & found fit that is.

It would be best to see a Recruiter who is willing to work with you. Sometimes waivers take quite a while to get through the chain of command.

If there is no way you're eligible for enlistment then I'd suggest seeing an Army National Guard Recruiter. There mare some things the Guard waivers that the Active Army doesn't. Think of the Guard as the state's Army that can also be Federalized. Diiferent regs apply at times.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Recruit

Default hey

When did you go in to Parris Island? I think I may remember you...

Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM
First Lieutenant

This thread is like 4 months old. I doubt he will reply.
BCT/AIT: Ft. Knox, KY/Ft. Gordon, GA
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu