armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Reserves
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Private

Default How Long does it take ?

I have been waiting on a h-3 hearing loss waiver and it is taking forever is that a good thing or am I wasting my time ? Please help getting discouraged my recruiter said it just takes a while but I am prior service and am having difficulty with high level frequency hearing loss is this going to stop me from going in the reserves ? Please respond I have posted 3 times now and no responses I guess no one wants to talked to me haha

Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Captain

If the recruiters put it in and you're waiting...well...then that's what you have to do...wait.

Have you asked them to check on the status recently?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Private

Default How Long ?

I went for my consult last thursday and then the recruiter called me 2 days ago and said they got it at the top to have my phone handy so he could call me and then I was going to go asap back to san antonio meps to secure my job. with an h-3 hearing profile do you think they are going to take me back in or what are my chances I am a realtor in Texas that should tell how much I am starving haha

Old 01-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC Clark View Post
I went for my consult last thursday and then the recruiter called me 2 days ago and said they got it at the top to have my phone handy so he could call me and then I was going to go asap back to san antonio meps to secure my job. with an h-3 hearing profile do you think they are going to take me back in or what are my chances I am a realtor in Texas that should tell how much I am starving haha
Last Thursday? Then you haven't waited a long time, lol.

No one can answer about what your chances are except for that doctor at MEPS.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Brigadier General

I've seen some waivers take hours & some take months. It all depends on how high up the chain of command the request has to travel & how busy they are. There is no hard & set rule on the waiting time.

I guess in your case patience is a virtue. Use this time wisely by preparing your body for military service. It would be nice if you can enter the Army being able to max the PT test for your age group. Have you decided which MOS you'd like? I suppose that has to wait for your waiver because some MOSs might be closed to you.

Real estate, huh? I think that by now the buggy whip manufacturers are staring to pass you up for sales. I'll bet there are some great deals available on some choice property.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Private

Default How Long Does it Take ?

I am trying to be patient :] The saying -Hurry up and wait - is in full effect. I just hope that being prior service they are willing to take me back the Meps Doc request waiver for certain MOS'S hopefully they do that I was a 13E previously and am looking at Surgical Tech this time. I have been doing PT and have no problem maxing out my Pushups and situps and am current at 17:15 in the 2'mile and need to get to 13:36 for a 300 anything less for me is unacceptable :] I like to keep my PT patch :] I have read many of your blogs and you seem to know what is going on. I am curious what you have experienced as far as prior service trying to get back in after being out since 1995 and I am a 39 yr old E-4 P and I would like to go thru WOCS if at all possible. I am just trying to keep food on the table and would really like my 13yr old sons to experience the Army way of Life - I miss the friendships and the motivation that the army gives and I see all these young kids these days and they are lost :[ Thanks For the Input !

Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Brigadier General

I've communicated with you in the past via PM I think. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you right from the start but as an apology I get many PMs & sometimes it's hard to keep them straight if indeed we ever PMed each other.

You're in about the same situation as I was in with a 14 year break in service for me & 38 years old. Since you're not going into the Combat Arms you should be able to cope very well physically especially since you're keeping in shape.

I certainly hope everything works out for you & your waiver comes through soon.

At least you won't have to worry about getting layed off when you're in the Army.

Would the Surgical Tech MOS allow you to go to WOCS? That should be checked out. If it does it's possible you could get that in your contract. Something else to research. I know there are some MOSs that don't have Warrant Officer slots.
Retired MSG

Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Private

Default How Long

Got my waiver this morning yea baby see you soon

Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC Clark View Post
Got my waiver this morning yea baby see you soon
Good for you, Clark!! Now go get that contract you want!

Army Strong!!!
Retired MSG

Old 01-31-2009, 05:59 AM
Private

Default How Long

I finally got signed up an swore in but I didn't get the job I wanted :{ but what I did get was 25M in the HSC 17th Psyop BN Airborne which I assume since it an airborne company I should be able to get Airborne school which I am looking forward to I already have the Air Assault wings and look forward to adding the Jump wings:} Can anyone give me a little more info on the 25M job description other than what the Army video shows? Pretty excited :}