armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Sergeant

is norway finland and sweden all good allies???They seem so alike on a map. Also which one out of the trio has the best military (the finns)??

Old 10-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackAttack23693
is norway finland and sweden all good allies???They seem so alike on a map. Also which one out of the trio has the best military (the finns)??
well.. we are all friends here in the northern europe..
Norway is NATO country.. Sweden and Finland are neutral but leaning
more to the west since the collapse of Soviet Union.
Norway on the otherhand doesn't belong in the European Union.
in the comparison of military power locally, the differences are quite
marginal..
each nordic country has compulsory military service and
modern war technology.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Corporal

The Finns may be tough and motivated but can they eat a good curry? I heard that the actor Rutger Hauer used to be in the special forces.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:29 AM
First Sergeant

Post Scandinavians to be treated with respect

The military power of all the Scandinavian countries should be respected. I do believe however, that the Finns are the best. I am a little bias. I'm only third generation american here in Minnesota. Our ties back to Finland have been strong. Heh, some of my relatives fought in the Winter War and more left here to go back and fight. I will also mention that my father is probably one of the last full-blooded Lapps in the world. I also note that I am a candidate for West Point Military Academy. I plan to be an infantry tactition.

Anyone who studies military history and looks at Carl Gustaf Emil von Mannerheim and the Winter War he fought must stand back in awe of the courage, endurance, and creativity of the Finnish warriors who fought so well. It is a story in history that defies the imperialistic power lusting of many persons inside these larger countries. The Winter War shows what free man are capable of when their home is under attack. I know of no other conflict in history where an entire front of soldiers showed this audacity and courage. Poorly equipped and out-manned, they used every advantage they could, including their great skills in the forest. Their ability to move around the enemy quickly and silently to attack with deadly accurate fire was a key to stopping the might of the Soviet Army. As a tactition, when one looks at this defense of Finland, one key factor sticks out: the soldiers of Finland. Their morale was almost always high, they always fought with tenacity, they always showed great courage, they exhibited extraordinary endurance, and they showed great skill in all they did. I say if Finland did it once, they could do it again. And so may other countries in the same predicament, but none will be as successful a defense as that of Finland.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Corporal

Default Scandinavians would be dealt with respect , Their armies are weak. period.

Scandinavian armies should be respected - yes.
What do I think of Finland army ? I respect it , but it's not in the top 10 armies list.
Actually , it is one of the smaller weaker armies of the world :
31,000 soldiers (don't go for the statistics of the CIA site or the nation master - they talk about how many males are in the country - most of these aren't soldiers , and have not been through military training.), 91 combat aircrafts , 250 tanks , 14 battle and coast ships , no nuclear weapons. overall , small, very weak.
The Swedes should not be messed with ? actually , the only reason not to mess with the Swedes is because they're nice , or because the girls there are blonde and cute --- not because of their army :
53,000 soldiers , 296 combat aircrafts, 540 tanks , 10 sub marines , 24 ships, no nuclear power. If Sweden would go to war with Russia , for example , they would be wiped out of the face of the planet. There is a law in Sweden that sais if Sweden goes to war , all males between the ages of 16-70 are recruited to the army , this shows you how desperate Sweden is as a small weak army - boys and old men defending mother Sverige(Sweden).
Further more , they would have nothing to do with those forces - what ? give them M-16s and send them to the battlefield against thousands of tanks and gunships ? Sweden has 540 Tanks , 296 aircrafts , that's their power , with no nuclear weapon (Finland doesn't have any either , none of the Scandinavian countries have ) Sweden tries to make their way out of everything with peacful discussions and a smart approach , because if Sweden does not have a strong army.
In the age of weapons of mass destruction , 296 aircrafts and recruiting 16 year old boys to the army ain't gonna do squat , Stockholm can be nuked , and then what ?

Old 11-07-2005, 12:54 PM
ZomBiE

Default What are you talkin' about?

"Israeli soldeir" could not be any more wrong... Those Finnish forces number are SO wrong...

Old 11-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli_Soldeir
What do I think of Finland army ? I respect it , but it's not in the top 10 armies list.
Actually , it is one of the smaller weaker armies of the world :
31,000 soldiers (don't go for the statistics of the CIA site or the nation master - they talk about how many males are in the country - most of these aren't soldiers , and have not been through military training.)
I dont know if you understand the concept of our "conscript" army exactly..

every male in our country is law bound to go trough military training or civil service
if they so choose. the precent of those who go to the military training is about 80%
of our male population. this training lasts from 6 monts to 2 years from where you can
ofcorse choose to pursuit military career and become a profissional soldier.

we have about 30,000 soldiers and about 435,000 men in reserve
which is quite enough for country which only has population of
5 million. We don't have Nukes because they would seriously compromise
our political standing.. which is peace over war (unless attacked. see the armys name).
besides.. our war technology is more concentrated in disabling the opponents
facilities, military communications, moneytransfers, internet capability, etc.. instead of
wiping out millions of civilians and making evironment hostile to
life. further more, we dont have any national threats which ofcorse
mirrors our need for defence budget. still it remains at "respectable level".
thats exactly how it should be. no we are not in the top-10 armies by
resource measure. and i hope we dont have to be.

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 11-08-2005 at 04:24 AM..

Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Corporal

Quote:
"Israeli soldeir" could not be any more wrong... Those Finnish forces number are SO wrong...
It doesn't matter , Finland has a weak army. period. We can do this all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin]
I dont know if you understand the concept of our "conscript" army exactly..

every male in our country is law bound to go trough military training or civil service
if they so choose. the precent of those who go to the military training is about 80%
of our male population. this training lasts from 6 monts to 2 years from where you can
ofcorse choose to pursuit military career and become a profissional soldier.

we have about 30,000 soldiers and about 435,000 men in reserve
which is quite enough for country which only has population of
5 million. We don't have Nukes because they would seriously compromise
our political standing.. which is peace over war (unless attacked. see the armys name).
besides.. our war technology is more concentrated in disabling the opponents
facilities, military communications, moneytransfers, internet capability, etc.. instead of
wiping out millions of civilians and making evironment hostile to
life. further more, we dont have any national threats which ofcorse
mirrors our need for defence budget. still it remains at "respectable level".
thats exactly how it should be. no we are not in the top-10 armies by
resource measure. and i hope we dont have to be.
So why would you post what we think of your army ? If it sucks and it's crappy then why would we care ? I'm sure Thailand or The Phillipenes hava a "respectable level" of armies too.
Today "disabling" the enemy in one way or the other won't help you much if Helsinki gets nuked. Think with your head , arches and bows ain't gonna do **** against a tank.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli_Soldeir
It doesn't matter , Finland has a weak army. period. We can do this all day.

So why would you post what we think of your army ? If it sucks and it's crappy then why would we care ? I'm sure Thailand or The Phillipenes hava a "respectable level" of armies too.
Today "disabling" the enemy in one way or the other won't help you much if Helsinki gets nuked. Think with your head , arches and bows ain't gonna do **** against a tank.
The chosen people have a level of arrogance to be found no where else on the planet .
Not happy with ruining one thread because you couldn't handle the questions and facts posed .You have started to trash a perfectly respectable thread . Started by one of the most fair minded members on here . You TRUELY are a nasty piece of work .
WE CAN DO THIS ALL DAY seems to be your favorite catch phrase . Only, you don't seem to be able to . Your facts(LOL) are so skewed out of reality its untrue . The Finns Defeated the Russians in 1939 . But of course this doesn't lend weight to your silly Tables pulled out of some Israeli propaganda BS . Tell me are you a member of the "Sharon Jugend " ?
It TRUELY would explain alot

Old 11-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
The chosen people have a level of arrogance to be found no where else on the planet .
Not happy with ruining one thread because you couldn't handle the questions and facts posed .You have started to trash a perfectly respectable thread . Started by one of the most fair minded members on here . You TRUELY are a nasty piece of work .
WE CAN DO THIS ALL DAY seems to be your favorite catch phrase . Only, you don't seem to be able to . Your facts(LOL) are so skewed out of reality its untrue . The Finns Defeated the Russians in 1939 . But of course this doesn't lend weight to your silly Tables pulled out of some Israeli propaganda BS . Tell me are you a member of the "Sharon Jugend " ?
It TRUELY would explain alot
I'MMA DO WHATEVER I ****ING WANT TO. UNDERSTAND ??
I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT YOU OR ABOUT ANY OF YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEXES.
YOU CAN KISS MY ***.
FINLAND HAS A **** ARMY , IF THEY HAD A WAR WITH RUSSIA THESE DAYS THEY'D BE CRUSHED.