armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to airbornerangerson
Default airborne school

how many of you have been to airborne school? what did you think the hardest/easiest part was?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM
First Lieutenant

I haven't gone but my buddy went through and he said its basically just like BCT, only you run everywhere and the DS's will tear into you much harder if you mess up.
BCT/AIT: Ft. Knox, KY/Ft. Gordon, GA
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Brigadier General

Airborne School is easy. Even double-timing everywhere you go isn't bad. Easier than Infantry OSUT.

SGT Airborne is a hard taskmaster but it's all in your own best interest & it's only 3 weeks. You oughta be able to practically hold your breath for that short time. When my son took the course before RIP his class was only 2 weeks liong because the Airborne School cadre wanted to jump on Normandy for the 6 June D-Day reenactment. They just lengthened the days & worked weekends but they didn't skip one minute of instruction.

I taught the course as a fill-in SGT Airborne Black Hat for about a half a year when they were short of instructors.

I acted as a Jumpmaster enough times & got enough jumps in to qualify for the Master Parachutist Badge. I was a Senior Parachutist way too long as an NCO.

I originally took the course when I was a Navy UDT Frogman.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Captain

I went to Airborne school as well. The hardest part for me was making sure I kept enough weight for them to let me go out of the airplane. Honestly, since I went right after basic training and AIT, it wasn't hard to deal with the stress of Airborne since I had just left a training environment.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Corporal

I was Distinguished Honor Graduate, 45th Co, Spring '67.
Funniest memory was the first day when they went around formation ripping off bandaids that covered airborne tats on guys who had not yet earned them.
One of those clowns got kicked out for not being able to exit the 34 foot tower.

It is in the worst form to wear something you never earned or to describe youself as something you are not.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelp View Post

It is in the worst form to wear something you never earned or to describe youself as something you are not.
Amen, Mike.I

It seems like just about every young male was either a SEAL, Special Forces Trooper, or Ranger, let alone Airborne. Of course each & every one of them is a black belt in at least one martial art or another. Most who are claiming to be SpecOps always claim they were in a "secret class". That's a dead give away because there never was such a thing & they can always say that they won't show up on any roster. In UDT & later SEAL Teams if a guy claiming to be one doesn't know his class number he's a fake. (UDTR, Class 22 is mine).

Wannabes are gonna rule the world one of these days.
Retired MSG

Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Wannabee"s???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Amen, Mike.I

It seems like just about every young male was either a SEAL, Special Forces Trooper, or Ranger, let alone Airborne. Of course each & every one of them is a black belt in at least one martial art or another. Most who are claiming to be SpecOps always claim they were in a "secret class". That's a dead give away because there never was such a thing & they can always say that they won't show up on any roster. In UDT & later SEAL Teams if a guy claiming to be one doesn't know his class number he's a fake. (UDTR, Class 22 is mine).

Wannabes are gonna rule the world one of these days.

I would like to expand the conversation on this particular subject a little further. However due to the sensitive nature of my extremely classified mission into parts that are teeming with undesireables. When I went to Airborne Ranger, Special Forces, UDT, Seal, SAS, and Mossad school I wanst given a roster number because I didnt exist. My handle,Ghost Soldier was the only way the enemy could track me and my numerous sniper kills from 2500 meters or more. I would like to tell you about the time I did a HALO jump naked with nothing but a bootlace and a MRE spoon for weapons but I think that mission is still Ultra Secret Squid Classified. OOPS!! I may have said too much!! I gotta go!! The black helicopters are circling overhead!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
I would like to expand the conversation on this particular subject a little further. However due to the sensitive nature of my extremely classified mission into parts that are teeming with undesireables. When I went to Airborne Ranger, Special Forces, UDT, Seal, SAS, and Mossad school I wanst given a roster number because I didnt exist. My handle,Ghost Soldier was the only way the enemy could track me and my numerous sniper kills from 2500 meters or more. I would like to tell you about the time I did a HALO jump naked with nothing but a bootlace and a MRE spoon for weapons but I think that mission is still Ultra Secret Squid Classified. OOPS!! I may have said too much!! I gotta go!! The black helicopters are circling overhead!!!
Tell me the truth, Doc. You're really Chuck Norris, right?

There are some parts of your career that I believe whole-heartedly. Especially the naked HALO jump. Now THAT I wouldn't put past you which makes me believe that you're not Chuck Norris but rather Sylvester Stallone. Chuck is too modest for that.
Retired MSG

Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Dont f*** with chuck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Tell me the truth, Doc. You're really Chuck Norris, right?

There are some parts of your career that I believe whole-heartedly. Especially the naked HALO jump. Now THAT I wouldn't put past you which makes me believe that you're not Chuck Norris but rather Sylvester Stallone. Chuck is too modest for that.

Chuck Norris is a PU**Y and Stallone is a closet homosexual!! Compared to my skills (which I cant dislose due to national security issues) I am a combination of Norris, Stallone, Van Daam(sp) Segal and Schwartznegger!! I must now advise you that this conversation is closed. My Microwave Secre Decoder Ring is buzzing and America needs me!! AWAY!! AWAY!!!

(what the hell is wrong with me? I just do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do!)