armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 01-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Private

Smile Contacts

ok is it ok to wear contacts in bootcamp and such, i would look horriblw in those funky issued glasses haha but im so used to the contacts that i don't want to go back to glasses.

Last edited by DaRkChiLd; 01-02-2005 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-02-2005, 10:58 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default darkchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkChiLd
ok is it ok to wear contacts in bootcamp and such, i would look horriblw in those funky issued glasses haha but im so used to the contacts that i don't want to go back to glasses.

LOL good luck with that one.. you will have to used issued glasses not matter what you do.. cointacts will not be good.. you will be to dirty and its not a biutty contest at all.. and you will be dirtty all the time.. have fun

Old 01-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Private

Exclamation No Go

Dont wear contacts to basic!!!!!!!!
if your wearing contacts and you go threw the gas chamber your not going to be feeling to good!

The Drill Sgt told us that they would find out if we were wearing them and warned us about the chamber and the contacts "melting" to your eyes. So of course most of us thought that this was a funny way to get us not to wear them.

WRONG
2 people ended up getting out on medical discharges. The contacts didn't melt to their eyes but what ever they did, it wasn't pretty... one guy ended up getting some vison back but the other one is as blind as a bat.

The gas is only CS gas. gas used in riots to control the crowds so how this really makes sence is beyond me.. CS gas just makes you cough, get a massive runny nose, tear up, and if you have like some small scratchs on your skin it will make them sting a little.

Thinking about it doesn't make much sence since the gas is used to keep riots under control. so why would contacts have such a bad effect is beyond me. I just know what i saw. so if you do end up wearing contacts to basic, take them out wellllll before you hit the chambers!

Old 01-03-2005, 09:53 AM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Cool Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin82
Dont wear contacts to basic!!!!!!!!
if your wearing contacts and you go threw the gas chamber your not going to be feeling to good!

The Drill Sgt told us that they would find out if we were wearing them and warned us about the chamber and the contacts "melting" to your eyes. So of course most of us thought that this was a funny way to get us not to wear them.

WRONG
2 people ended up getting out on medical discharges. The contacts didn't melt to their eyes but what ever they did, it wasn't pretty... one guy ended up getting some vison back but the other one is as blind as a bat.

The gas is only CS gas. gas used in riots to control the crowds so how this really makes sence is beyond me.. CS gas just makes you cough, get a massive runny nose, tear up, and if you have like some small scratchs on your skin it will make them sting a little.

Thinking about it doesn't make much sence since the gas is used to keep riots under control. so why would contacts have such a bad effect is beyond me. I just know what i saw. so if you do end up wearing contacts to basic, take them out wellllll before you hit the chambers!

Welcome to the site Gremlin.

Yah it would be kinda nieve if he did.. Yah i remember thos days the chamber.. heh ! Wasent cool when they tell you to take the mask off and breath.. i almost puked my brains out. and my EYES!!! hahah that was fun.. and contacts have a bad efect because they melt with the gas lol.. if you do that then you got probs. just use the Reg glasses even tho they ugly as hell.. they work.. anyways ill post bak laters

Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Private

haha yeah im going to have fun and it will keep me straight and away from the drugs that are around me