armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Private

Default Is this for me?

i strongly thinking about joining the army and i know i will be able to meet the Physical part of boot camp. What im not to sure is can i do every thing eles im not the smartest person around. i have trouble spelling and reading sometimes. i past the test but barley with only a 31. Is this some this fo me?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Brigadier General

This is something only you can decide. You have to realize that a low score limits your choice of MOSs.

If MOS selection is not a factor then I'd say go for it. It doesn't seem that you care to go on to school so what better place to learn a trade than the military?

What does your recruiter have to say about that? Too bad you didn't plan ahead & gone on this site or ones like it before you took the test. Many of us would have suggested getting on the web or go to a public library & find ASVAB study guides & practice tests. You could have upped your score more than likely.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenmuir View Post
i strongly thinking about joining the army and i know i will be able to meet the Physical part of boot camp. What im not to sure is can i do every thing eles im not the smartest person around. i have trouble spelling and reading sometimes. i past the test but barley with only a 31. Is this some this fo me?

Dont feel down, you can just pass cos you dont practice, not cos history is repeating itself. That type of test is like that, you can take up a fair choice of MOS's but some are off limits like MSG Glenn has said. Talk to your recruiter and take up an MOS thats good for you. Write your questions down, and dont let the recruiter talk you into an MOS (they can be like used car salesmen, so dont let them sweet talk you) you dont want. Remember its your career and you can choose a path that is good for you. Get it all in writing on the contract and take your place in your Nations Military. Remember, a slow start at 31 in your test can accelerate into a rewarding career very quickly....

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 06-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default Welcome to the Team.....

Quote:
Welcome to our Army site...
No worries! It is true that proper spelling and reading is important. There's going to be a day where You'll have to fill out reports.It's something that you can work on in the future..It's never to late to learn or better yourself. The fact that you realize this is a good.The Army ASVAB could be tough without studying for the test..I studied the practice test long before I took it..It's the best way..I have friends from all over the country.Some rich and some were poor. I have friends who are college educated and others with a GED education. We became brothers..The Army is not for everyone..But like my friends have said, only you can decide. The higher the ASVAB the more choices on your mos..Do alot of research and give it alot of thought and time before you sign anything.

Welcome and good Luck.
Quote:
[url]http://www.military.com/ASVAB[/url]
Take the 3 part long version..

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Air Assault.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Brigadier General

Like the guys have said....options will be limited...and the choice is yours...it depends what you want from the military......

good luck....whatever you decide to do

best wishes jrj1000

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Private

will thanks for your help i passed the MEPS to day and sware in tusday. i did not land the job i wanted but inftrey will do. like i told the requarter i dont realy care what the MOS was as long as i got in. i may have more qustions about Basice training ill post them here. Thanks for your help.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
will thanks for your help i passed the MEPS to day and sware in tusday. i did not land the job i wanted but inftrey will do. like i told the requarter i dont realy care what the MOS was as long as i got in. i may have more qustions about Basice training ill post them here. Thanks for your help.

No problem dk, good luck with training and keep us all updated on your situation...

Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Well done..and good luck for BT....like Exo says keep us posted mate...

Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Nothing wrong with Infantry. Of course I'm biased!

Good luck & keep us informed as to what's happening, your ship date, etc.

Ft. Benning may never be the same after you leave!

Now start getting ready for Infantry OSUT. Running, push -ups, sit-ups, chin-ups. Do them all. Have your recruiter show you the proper forms for them & ask him if he can give you the PT test. That way you'll know how much you have to do to meet the standard. The better your score the easier time you'll have in BCT.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool The Winning Team.....

Quote:
Hooah..Bro! Your in for a treat. Welcome to the winning team. Nightflyer, as a young buck & proud moment..

Black Berets Forever.....The Winning F@#k'in" Team..Hooah.

Nightflyer's crew...Awesome Pix.We make it look easy.Hooah.

Quote:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC0msUzr1A[/url]
We're mother f@#k'%^ superstars.We're off 4 training in two days.Again. Cya, Brother."Tell them".Your friends W/Nightflyer.

Stay cool..Stay proud..Stay Army..

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army's kickass Air Assault
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 06-21-2008 at 02:39 AM..