armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Private

Default New Army Girlfriend

Hi everyone, I am new to this website and I was so relieved today when I found it. Today was the day that my boyfriend left for basic training. It was so hard to see him go. I am so proud of him and I can't wait to see him again. ALREADY. I feel kind of alone because the only person I can talk to about this is his mother, but everytime I even mention his name she nearly breaks down. I've had family in the military but it's just a whole other story when a boyfriend or husband goes. When my brother left, it was different because he was my big brother and I was younger at the time. I knew nothing could happen to him because I thought of him as Superman. But now, it's all different. There's a war going on and I've grown more and more emotional over the years. My boyfriend, Ben, is so excited for basic because it is something he has always wanted to do with his life. And finally, he joined. It took him a few years to think about it but he'll be 23 on October 22nd and he realized his life wasn't going in the direction he anticipated it going. This will be great for him but I need a little support getting through this alone!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Private First Class

Hi!

My hubby just left last Wednesday, and it's really hard!!! I can totally relate to what you are going through.

I don't have any great advice because I'm so new to this myself. I'm new to this board too, and have already found such great support. hang in there, you are not alone

Old 09-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Brigadier General

You've come to the right place, CJ. You're not alone here.

Where is your boyfriend taking his basic? There might be someone that's either been there or had a dear one take basic there & can tell you a little about the place. What MOS did he choose?

Don't be too worried about him to the point of turning into a nervous wreck. Millions have gone through this with no problems, the Drill SGTs & training cadre are professionals & know what they're doing to turn him into a soldier of the U.S. Army.

My wife & kids had to go through it with me & we had to go through it with my son who just recently left active duty with the 3rd Ranger Batt. & with 5 deployments. Throughout everything we had confidence in my son's training & his abilities - both God-given & learned.

Do you have any questions about his training? He'll probably be out of touch for a few weeks & the next time you hear from him will be a form letter signed by him with his address. Once he gets a little further into BCT he'll be able to make a phone call, usually on Sundays & very short. If he doesn't call don't worry. He either didn't have any phones available due to time constraints or possibly he lost his phone privelege for some minor infraction.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Sergeant

Welcome, CJ! Like Beth and Glenn said, you're not alone here. We've all been through basic one way or another and can offer varied, no-nonsense perspectives on the experience.

The best advice I can give you at this stage of your boyfriend's career is to be patient. He has a job to do, skills to learn. Those are more important in the long run than anything else. We want him to be prepared for whatever's in his future, not only for his own safety, but because he'll be working with our soldiers. You're his support - and we're yours. Army strong!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Recruit

Default Me tooo!

I'm a new army girlfriend although mine hasn't left yet. In fact we don't know when at all yet. He just recently signed up and I'm very scared yet very proud of him cause I know its something he really wants to do. But I know nothing of how all this works.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Brigadier General

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGf View Post
I'm a new army girlfriend although mine hasn't left yet. In fact we don't know when at all yet. He just recently signed up and I'm very scared yet very proud of him cause I know its something he really wants to do. But I know nothing of how all this works.
Welcome to the Forums ArmyGF...respect to your BF for serving the US military...

keep rolling ArmyGF.. the Army is just like life ..you learn as you go... there is fantasic surport on here and some great members with class A knowledge ... good luck jrj
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Last edited by jrj1000; 10-03-2008 at 02:27 AM..

Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to lovemyman0623
Default new army girlfriend here

Hi everyone!

I am new to this website and to this whole army girlfriend thing. im scared and worried but yet sooo proud of him.

he is leaving on the 25th to go to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. does anyone have a boyfriend/fiance/husband/friend there? how it is?

i just need some advice and i need to know what to expect! anything will help = )

stay strong ladies xoxox

Old 05-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Recruit

Default New Army Girlfriend..

Ok so im new at this my bf is getting ready to ship out..and its crazy that im like missing him arleady! im so scared...that something is going to go wrong! even though everyone is telling me to look at the positive side of things! the hardest part is going to be not knowing..not knowing where he is when he is coming home?! whether i was going to get that phone call telling me he is not!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoloneysGirl0413 View Post
Ok so im new at this my bf is getting ready to ship out..and its crazy that im like missing him arleady! im so scared...that something is going to go wrong! even though everyone is telling me to look at the positive side of things! the hardest part is going to be not knowing..not knowing where he is when he is coming home?! whether i was going to get that phone call telling me he is not!
Is he gettingbready for basic? Or deployment?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to hollisrae Send a message via Yahoo to hollisrae

welcome all!! I have only been part of this forum for a short while, but i can tall you that there are some wonderful peole on here that are a wealth of knowledge! We have a great support group, and if you have any questions, no matter how silly, there will be an awnser for you! I wiah you and your soldiers the best of luck in the months and years to come! be strong!