armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Share Your Stories
User Name
Password

Old 08-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Recruit

Unhappy lost

my husband left for boot camp today and i'm completely lost. i don't know what to do. i was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions. i'm not doing so well with it all.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via AIM to armybarrelracer

Send him some letters, find a support group or talk to some of your closer friends about it. You'll get through and it'll be over before you know it.

Proverbs 3:25-26

Don't fear sudden danger or the ruin of the wicked when it comes, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from a snare.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Recruit

Default It will get easier, hang in there

My fiance left on oct 18th for basic training at Fort Jackson, SC. The first two weeks were really bad. I was very depressed and cried all the time. He has been gone almost a month now and I am feeling alot better. I miss him just as much but its definitly easier. I get through one day at
a time. He will be home for two weeks at christmas and every day that passes is one day closer to being with him again. I dont look at the calendar and I dont count the weeks. I get a phone call from him once a week and hearing his voice and hearing him say I love you keeps me going, it gives me the strength I need to get through this. I have never been more proud of him, and I admire his courage and strength in deciding to join the army. I was so afraid that this seperation
would tear us apart, I feel like everyday that passes our relationship grows stronger and I feel more and more in love with him. As much as I miss him and would love to have him home with me when I write him letters I tell him how much I love him and miss him but understand that this is important to him. I let him know that right now he needs to follow his heart and go after his dream and I will be here waiting and loving him every second he is away. Dont get me wrong, I still have crying moments when Im alone and wish he was laying beside me but I know that I have his love and his heart and it gets me through each day. I hope this helps, Im still feeling my way through this as well but I hope my advice will help you get through it as well.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhl76 View Post
My fiance left on oct 18th for basic training at Fort Jackson, SC. The first two weeks were really bad. I was very depressed and cried all the time. He has been gone almost a month now and I am feeling alot better. I miss him just as much but its definitly easier. I get through one day at
a time. He will be home for two weeks at christmas and every day that passes is one day closer to being with him again. I dont look at the calendar and I dont count the weeks. I get a phone call from him once a week and hearing his voice and hearing him say I love you keeps me going, it gives me the strength I need to get through this. I have never been more proud of him, and I admire his courage and strength in deciding to join the army. I was so afraid that this seperation
would tear us apart, I feel like everyday that passes our relationship grows stronger and I feel more and more in love with him. As much as I miss him and would love to have him home with me when I write him letters I tell him how much I love him and miss him but understand that this is important to him. I let him know that right now he needs to follow his heart and go after his dream and I will be here waiting and loving him every second he is away. Dont get me wrong, I still have crying moments when Im alone and wish he was laying beside me but I know that I have his love and his heart and it gets me through each day. I hope this helps, Im still feeling my way through this as well but I hope my advice will help you get through it as well.

Hell be home before you know it.. Hang tough.... Youre already doing great.... Xmass is around the corner now....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via AIM to MeadTravis147 Send a message via Yahoo to MeadTravis147
Smile here with ya

I just watched my husband go off as well... if you need to tlak to someone i am here.. i got aima nd yahoo mess. and email... keep in touch!

Found tlaking to others helps alot.. family is good but they just dont get everything...