armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Brigadier General

I know why not be a recepionist who dosnt answer phones.....or a carpenter that dosnt go near wood.....or a roofer that dosnt climb ladders.....you get the jist.....

Last edited by jrj1000; 06-12-2008 at 10:54 AM..

Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Staff Sergeant

Joining the Army for a desk job and to avoid combat is like hiring a prostitute to talk to, without screwing her...it doesn't make sense.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post

If you dont want to be called to theatre....and you have no intrest in combat.....dont join the British or US forces.....not at this time
jrj, I would say dont join the Army at any time.. and you can add the Irish Army to that list too...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default He just doesn't get it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
I know why not be a recepionist who dosnt answer phones.....or a carpenter that dosnt go near wood.....or a roofer that dosnt climb ladders.....you get the jist.....
True. jrj100.But you know what? It's great the kid (puke boy) didn't join.We don't have time for slack or hacks.Could you imagine rolling up your sleeves to do a job with a kid like that beside you. Man, Afraid of getting dirty? The wanker would wind up fking up the objective and the mission or worst. It's about the soldiers beside you...

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation. Air Assault.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Brigadier General

I'm not so mad at Ben( who posted that almost 3 years ago) as I am with nwinder who joins the forum, grabs a 3 year old post & rags on Tacky for telling it like it is & calling him un- American for giving an honest response. I thought Tacky used as much tact & understanding as I would toward young Ben.

Spare me from the unwashed masses who have no concept of the military or what those who are in it do for a living!
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
I'm not so mad at Ben( who posted that almost 3 years ago) as I am with nwinder who joins the forum, grabs a 3 year old post & rags on Tacky for telling it like it is & calling him un- American for giving an honest response. I thought Tacky used as much tact & understanding as I would toward young Ben.

Spare me from the unwashed masses who have no concept of the military or what those who are in it do for a living!
MSG Glenn...Well Done and to the point. Hats off to you MSG Glenn.Your cool beans.MSG Tacky, is the ****..No Doubt. I have alot of respect for him..He's always cool and to the point..He keeps easy and simple. You..Tacky and Gunbunny, Exo and jrj have my respect.

I like to go off topic if it's ok? what's going on with the all the floods in your home state? The past two weeks at work we were going over the weather reports for flight status and coordinating flight plans with all the local agencies.The screens has been going off the charts with massive rain and high winds..Tornadoes and bad storms..You guys all right? sometimes, I live at this place..I'm always ready to take part in a tactical rescue or exraction operation. I hope everything all right..I bet the Army Guard has their hands full?...

You know I used to hear some flac at work for poping on whenever I could..Till one day..I was asked why?? I told my two bar skip..I like to help future recruits out on my free time..They took one look at your post..I got the green light.Thanxs, My unit is tight.We take pride on everything we do. Today I had no free time..I had two overdue flights... Take care...Cya, tomorrow...

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation. Air Assault.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Brigadier General

The floods are real. I leave work at 2100 on Thurs. & Fri each week & normally it takes 20 minutes to a half hour to get home from here. Last night it was over an hour. I drive parallel to the Milwaukee River going south to my home & cross it twice. Had to detour through one town as the river was higher than the road & I hit a lot of standing water high enough that you wouldn't want to drive faster than 5 mph through it.
So far my home is doing good. In the storms we had last Thurs. & last weekend my basement flooded & the roof over my son's room leaked. Found that the floor drain was clogged so a simple snake job fixed the basement & a roofer fixed the roof Mon. to the tune of $400. The stupid roof vent was installed wrong & that's just where it was leaking. The 1st estimate we had from another roofer was $2500. He said about half the roof was gone. He was full of crap.

Water falls on the river are no longer in existence. The upper & lower levels are no the same height.

I'm fortunate that I live far from bodies of water & I'm also at a fairly high elevation.
Retired MSG

Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Staff Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to bunker Send a message via Yahoo to bunker

Quote:
The floods are real. I leave work at 2100 on Thurs. & Fri each week & normally it takes 20 minutes to a half hour to get home from here. Last night it was over an hour. I drive parallel to the Milwaukee River going south to my home & cross it twice. Had to detour through one town as the river was higher than the road & I hit a lot of standing water high enough that you wouldn't want to drive faster than 5 mph through it.
So far my home is doing good. In the storms we had last Thurs. & last weekend my basement flooded & the roof over my son's room leaked. Found that the floor drain was clogged so a simple snake job fixed the basement & a roofer fixed the roof Mon. to the tune of $400. The stupid roof vent was installed wrong & that's just where it was leaking. The 1st estimate we had from another roofer was $2500. He said about half the roof was gone. He was full of crap.

Water falls on the river are no longer in existence. The upper & lower levels are no the same height.

I'm fortunate that I live far from bodies of water & I'm also at a fairly high elevation.
Well at least you got it before anymore damage occurred. I am down to 199lbs and still dropping.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker View Post
Well at least you got it before anymore damage occurred. I am down to 199lbs and still dropping.
That's great news, Bunker. Keep going. From people I know who've had to lose a good deal of weight what is discouraging is you start dropping down & then you reach a plateau where nothing seems to happen. That's normal. Just keep doing what you were until that happened.

What's your goal weight?

Heard at a weigh-in one time- "I'm the perfect weight... if I were 8'7" tall & had a 32" waist & a 24" neck!"
Retired MSG

Old 06-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Staff Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to bunker Send a message via Yahoo to bunker

Quote:
That's great news, Bunker. Keep going. From people I know who've had to lose a good deal of weight what is discouraging is you start dropping down & then you reach a plateau where nothing seems to happen. That's normal. Just keep doing what you were until that happened.

What's your goal weight?

Heard at a weigh-in one time- "I'm the perfect weight... if I were 8'7" tall & had a 32" waist & a 24" neck!"
184lbs is where i want to get to I did 10reg 10crunches 10 rockies and 10 more reg before bed last night and slept with a neoprene waistband all night