armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
JULIE(MOM)'s Avatar
JULIE(MOM) JULIE(MOM) is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 50
Default Bootcamp

WHY DOES MY SONS PAPPIER WORK SAY 12 WEEKS IF BOOT CAMP IS 9 WEEKS , THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE RECEPTION WHICH WOULD MAKE IT TEN OR SO RIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I DON'T WANT TO BOTHER MY SON WITH THESE ??????? HE HAS ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT. JULIE
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 AM
mtomom mtomom is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 111
Post Time in Basic

My sons paper work says 9 weeks. What we were told so that Basic is going back to 12 weeks but most have not changed yet. After Nov. 2nd it will go to 12 but for now it is 9. Not sure if that is right or not. You can pull up the base and the unit and it will list the schedule that he is following. I did that on monday, but my sons is not posted yet he just got there.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Txmom42 Txmom42 is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: some where between a rock and a hard place.
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE(MOM) View Post
WHY DOES MY SONS PAPPIER WORK SAY 12 WEEKS IF BOOT CAMP IS 9 WEEKS , THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE RECEPTION WHICH WOULD MAKE IT TEN OR SO RIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I DON'T WANT TO BOTHER MY SON WITH THESE ??????? HE HAS ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT. JULIE
Where is he doing basic? My sons was 9 weeks with 3 more weeks for AIT at Ft. Benning. That was for Infantry. There was a family day after the 9 weeks then graduation at the end.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM
jjg53 jjg53 is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
Where is he doing basic? My sons was 9 weeks with 3 more weeks for AIT at Ft. Benning. That was for Infantry. There was a family day after the 9 weeks then graduation at the end.
mine also says 12. there are 2 weeks for exodus, comming home for xmas. im pretty sure they xtended basic by a week cause of all the new training us new recruits need for the changing war times
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 AM
JULIE(MOM)'s Avatar
JULIE(MOM) JULIE(MOM) is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
My sons paper work says 9 weeks. What we were told so that Basic is going back to 12 weeks but most have not changed yet. After Nov. 2nd it will go to 12 but for now it is 9. Not sure if that is right or not. You can pull up the base and the unit and it will list the schedule that he is following. I did that on monday, but my sons is not posted yet he just got there.
MY SON JUST LEFT TO TO FORT JACKSON. WHERE IS YOUR SON???? THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! JULIE
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 10-23-2007, 08:57 AM
JULIE(MOM)'s Avatar
JULIE(MOM) JULIE(MOM) is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
Where is he doing basic? My sons was 9 weeks with 3 more weeks for AIT at Ft. Benning. That was for Infantry. There was a family day after the 9 weeks then graduation at the end.
FORT JACKSON HE WILL BE GOING TO BENNING AFTER SCHOOL WHICH IS 45 WEEKS. ILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL HE IS DONE WITH THE RECEPTION PART. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP JULIE
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
JULIE(MOM)'s Avatar
JULIE(MOM) JULIE(MOM) is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg53 View Post
mine also says 12. there are 2 weeks for exodus, comming home for xmas. im pretty sure they xtended basic by a week cause of all the new training us new recruits need for the changing war times
SO HE MIGHT COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS?????? HE TOLD ME BEFORE HE LEFT HE WOULD RATHER JUST GET IT DONE I WOULD RATHER HIM NOT MISS CHRISTMAS HOPE YOUR HAVING A BETTER DAY TODAY. JULIE
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
mtomom mtomom is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 111
Default

He is in Fort Leonard Wood, and yes he is to home for christmas. That is what he papers say. He gets out of Basic on the 17th and Starts AIT on the Jan 7th o8

I hope that is right. As long as everything goes right, that is the way it is to be.

mtomom
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Fireball's Avatar
Fireball Fireball is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where big is best...
Posts: 2,481
Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
He is in Fort Leonard Wood, and yes he is to home for christmas. That is what he papers say. He gets out of Basic on the 17th and Starts AIT on the Jan 7th o8

I hope that is right. As long as everything goes right, that is the way it is to be.

mtomom
Hopefully that will be the case (he'll be home for Christmas). My husband left BCT and AIT started 4 weeks after he graduated... they sent him right after BCT anyway. He did detail and other work around post at his AIT station. There was only two people from his group that got to go home... Everyone left straight out of BCT no matter how many weeks until their classes started.
__________________


-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
jjg53 jjg53 is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE(MOM) View Post
SO HE MIGHT COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS?????? HE TOLD ME BEFORE HE LEFT HE WOULD RATHER JUST GET IT DONE I WOULD RATHER HIM NOT MISS CHRISTMAS HOPE YOUR HAVING A BETTER DAY TODAY. JULIE
i was told that a recruit can stay there, it wont be like during regular basic, just a little laid back. it doesnt count, cause you have the option to go home, so either way, its going to be 12 weeks. ya, my day has been pretty low, but thanks for the support
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.