armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Sergeant

Default Bootcamp

WHY DOES MY SONS PAPPIER WORK SAY 12 WEEKS IF BOOT CAMP IS 9 WEEKS , THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE RECEPTION WHICH WOULD MAKE IT TEN OR SO RIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I DON'T WANT TO BOTHER MY SON WITH THESE ??????? HE HAS ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT. JULIE

Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Staff Sergeant

Post Time in Basic

My sons paper work says 9 weeks. What we were told so that Basic is going back to 12 weeks but most have not changed yet. After Nov. 2nd it will go to 12 but for now it is 9. Not sure if that is right or not. You can pull up the base and the unit and it will list the schedule that he is following. I did that on monday, but my sons is not posted yet he just got there.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE(MOM) View Post
WHY DOES MY SONS PAPPIER WORK SAY 12 WEEKS IF BOOT CAMP IS 9 WEEKS , THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE RECEPTION WHICH WOULD MAKE IT TEN OR SO RIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I DON'T WANT TO BOTHER MY SON WITH THESE ??????? HE HAS ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT. JULIE
Where is he doing basic? My sons was 9 weeks with 3 more weeks for AIT at Ft. Benning. That was for Infantry. There was a family day after the 9 weeks then graduation at the end.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
Where is he doing basic? My sons was 9 weeks with 3 more weeks for AIT at Ft. Benning. That was for Infantry. There was a family day after the 9 weeks then graduation at the end.
mine also says 12. there are 2 weeks for exodus, comming home for xmas. im pretty sure they xtended basic by a week cause of all the new training us new recruits need for the changing war times

Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
My sons paper work says 9 weeks. What we were told so that Basic is going back to 12 weeks but most have not changed yet. After Nov. 2nd it will go to 12 but for now it is 9. Not sure if that is right or not. You can pull up the base and the unit and it will list the schedule that he is following. I did that on monday, but my sons is not posted yet he just got there.
MY SON JUST LEFT TO TO FORT JACKSON. WHERE IS YOUR SON???? THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! JULIE

Old 10-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
FORT JACKSON HE WILL BE GOING TO BENNING AFTER SCHOOL WHICH IS 45 WEEKS. ILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL HE IS DONE WITH THE RECEPTION PART. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP JULIE

Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg53 View Post
mine also says 12. there are 2 weeks for exodus, comming home for xmas. im pretty sure they xtended basic by a week cause of all the new training us new recruits need for the changing war times
SO HE MIGHT COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS?????? HE TOLD ME BEFORE HE LEFT HE WOULD RATHER JUST GET IT DONE I WOULD RATHER HIM NOT MISS CHRISTMAS HOPE YOUR HAVING A BETTER DAY TODAY. JULIE

Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Staff Sergeant

He is in Fort Leonard Wood, and yes he is to home for christmas. That is what he papers say. He gets out of Basic on the 17th and Starts AIT on the Jan 7th o8

I hope that is right. As long as everything goes right, that is the way it is to be.

mtomom

Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
He is in Fort Leonard Wood, and yes he is to home for christmas. That is what he papers say. He gets out of Basic on the 17th and Starts AIT on the Jan 7th o8

I hope that is right. As long as everything goes right, that is the way it is to be.

mtomom
Hopefully that will be the case (he'll be home for Christmas). My husband left BCT and AIT started 4 weeks after he graduated... they sent him right after BCT anyway. He did detail and other work around post at his AIT station. There was only two people from his group that got to go home... Everyone left straight out of BCT no matter how many weeks until their classes started.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE(MOM) View Post
SO HE MIGHT COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS?????? HE TOLD ME BEFORE HE LEFT HE WOULD RATHER JUST GET IT DONE I WOULD RATHER HIM NOT MISS CHRISTMAS HOPE YOUR HAVING A BETTER DAY TODAY. JULIE
i was told that a recruit can stay there, it wont be like during regular basic, just a little laid back. it doesnt count, cause you have the option to go home, so either way, its going to be 12 weeks. ya, my day has been pretty low, but thanks for the support