armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to darlin_31792
Angry hurt in the army

my son was hurt in bct and now he can't get out of ait because he can't pass the pt test.
the army docs won't listen when he says he's hurt, they don't believe him.. how can he prove his knee is hurt? they won't give it time to heal before they make him try again.
i'm worried because he says they told him that if he can't pass the running part that they will discharge him and not on medical.. they call it fraudulent enlistment.
there was nothing wrong with his knee when he went to bct...i'm really worried about my son... he needs encouragement not discouragement....
and really guys.....fraudulent enlistment means dishonorable discharge...... that is very bad for a person's future.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Captain

How was he injured in BCT and did he go to the doctor and have it documented?

I can't answer for the fraudulent part or how they came up with that other then thinking it was a pre-existing condition.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Private First Class

Unhappy hurt in the army

yes he was put on profile duty for a couple weeks..
the knee was almost healed and he had to do his final pt test for bct and it messed up again.
he injured the knee on a early morning hike.. anyway the guys in front moved over to the side of the road and when they did everyone else behind them followed ... and my son stepped in a big pothole and twisted his knee badly. i guess it tore the knee pretty badly...he was in sick call for a few days and then profile duty for a couple weeks.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Captain

I don't know who told him all of that but typically if they can't pass their PT test or on profile during the final one, they will keep them until they can. They keep them in a hold-over status. Sometimes if they can't pass it for medical reasons they will give them a medical discharge. I still don't know where they came up with the fraudulent enlistment or where it is coming from. Sometimes drill sergeants say things.

Hopefully your son heals and can continue his career in the Army.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Private First Class

Default hurt in the army

i don't know.. i think he's about to give up.. he's tried 10 times...he's getting really discouraged.he's been there since oct 6th.. and he's supposed to report to fort bragg on jan 18th.