armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 02-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Major General

Different climates effect the feet differently . I had terrible problems in Texas keeping my feet from cracking . They were a real bloody mess .
Some of the places you lads get sent ,must be a real education . Your feet are everything !

Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Sergeant First Class

My feet are terrible and sweat bucketloads - I blister extremely quickly and easily; My feet have got so bad in the past, If I notice a blister on my heel now it must be VERY bad - the nerve endings in skin there are just trashed!

Blisters used to be classed as a self-inflicted injury - although I don't believe they are now. I'm anally retentive about foot care, powdering feet, changing socks, swapping boots (so they get a chance to air if possible) - and I still have problems so.... I've just accepted I've got **** feet!

I can still tab and operate even if I'm having problems so it's only really an issue if you haven't got the mental strength (for me - more aquired through experience!) or your admin is really terrible and you can't deal with foot problems when you do get them (which you pretty inevitably will)

Compeed plasters are brilliant things by the way - just make sure you warm them up properly before applying them or they'll lift from the skin.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Recruit

Default Best army

I have to say i just found this forum just a few days ago and i decided to put my 2 cents in.
I am 38 years old guy which has a stuffed up back.
I broke it having an accident in the the army in which stuffed up my whole carrier.
But thats another story.
I started to read about which had the best army.So i hope that i can put my 2 cents in as i said before.
I believe that That the Aussies are as equal to any of the army's in the world.
Ok we dont have the numbers as the americans or russia or india or china but we do have heart.Australia only have 53,000 soilders.
Our SAS are probably as good or better then some of the special forces in the world.
The british might have started the SAS but as usual it takes another country to perfect it.
There is a lot of people that said the british SAS is the best and taught the rest.
But let me tell you people out in cyber world what happened when the Prince Harry came to Australia to be a jackaroo.
The British SAS was to protect the up and coming prince and what defeted the mighty british SAS. The Aussie HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes people they had to put air-con in the British SAS accomodation.
The Prince wasnt aloud to be out after a certain time as the SAS couldnt handle the 40+ heat.
The Australian actually train in the heat and the rainforest and also the snow.
We are the all round solider.
We dont have a million special forces just a few but the Aussie SAS are one of the best in the world.
We have had American marines come over here to Tully and train in the rainforest with our boys and they just **** there pants as they just cant handle the aussie humidity and terrain.
Dont get me wrong i am not american bashing as if we went to war tomorrow i want them to be on our side but as a small nation can hold our own.
I am a proud Aussie and would die for our country.

In the Iraq war why do you think that the Americans wanted the Aussie's in there???
Not because of our superiour fighting force or our technology.But because we have heart and back our mates up , and our SAS.
Remember one thing people if an Aussie is your mate he will back you up in any fight.
The Aussie SAS were in Iraq 24 hours before any other army.They were gathering intel,military strength and best way to beat the Iraq miltary.
There longest Aussie SAS patrol was for over 6 weeks.
They just walked into the battle and no one ever seen them until they came back.
The American brass were so pissed off with them as they never saluted or even reconized the ranks of the american brass and when they came back they looked like ferals.Non shaven and never had a bath.
As the Aussie SAS said " We had to march into battle and had no help form the americans "
The longest patrol by the american special forces was about 3 days.
The Aussie SAS just lives of the land and just stayed out there.
The Americans need there back up and need there techonlogy.
The Aussies just dont have that.We just have our training and the ANZAC spirit.
The Aussie SAS were sitting and watching bagdad way before any other country military.
The reason i know this is cause one of those knobs that tied themselves to the buildings and infrastratcha to stop the Americans blowing it up,got stopped and arrested by the Aussie SAS as they left bagdad.They were arrested and shipped back to there safe camp.
After the Americans started to go full pelt and everyone knew that SAS were there some where they let them lose.
They went to the media and told there story.

In Vietnam the Aussie SAS where called " The phontom of the jungle "
The would just walk into the con's camps and leave calling card on there chest's and walk away with out killing them.Just to show them who was the bigger man.
The Aussie had no fear from the con and in the sector they didnt carry any weapon as they new that they wouldn't be touched.
The American's were known for other stuff in which i will not say.
The con had no fear of the american's.

I can go on and on about the Aussie SAS and Army air force and navy.
The Australian defecnce force are trained to fight 5 on one.
We dont have the numbers to take on a large number of enemys but if need be we can kick there arse as good as any other nation.

The American's have there " Top Gun ". There is a lot of Aussie fighter pilots there teaching the best of the best.
They are teaching them how to fight 5 on one as our soilders and every other branch of our defence force.

Basically we are a small nation but remember one thing,if we have your back we will back you all the way,even if it mean that we have to lose our lives.
We done it in Gallipoli and the rest of the wars.

WE HAVE THE ANZAC SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESS WE FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mr Average; 04-11-2009 at 11:16 PM..

Old 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Brigadier General

A worked a few times with Aussie SAS in 'Nam.

Bunch of wild, undignified, irreverant crazymen. Damn good soldiers!!

Somwhere around I have an Aussie hat & a beret that I traded some US Navy UDT boonie hats for.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
A worked a few times with Aussie SAS in 'Nam.

Bunch of wild, undignified, irreverant crazymen. Damn good soldiers!!

Somwhere around I have an Aussie hat & a beret that I traded some US Navy UDT boonie hats for.
In the UK we easily maintain respect for the individual while holding complete distrust of the government. ........its been this way for so long Glenn and so much a healthy part of our culture that we don't know how to be any different......its what makes us a strong country and by default your best allie!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Recruit

Default the best army???

I believe you are all making the mistake of coufusing army with units.

I were a portuguese special forces, went to the French foreign Legion for 5 years and now work in a counter terrorist unit trained by the SAS.
i have some opinon, but not about the best unit, because that would be very dificult to do.

The best Army is yours, the American, since in our days the gear ,the information and the logistics are so important.

I know you think the english is very good , but if i were you see better the German Army, they are very good.

I worked with GSG9 last year ( and yes, they are from the police) but , if that is the level they have, just think about the rest of the units.

About the person that went to Corse , with the French Foreign Legion, the advantage of that unit is that we are all to be used and used. And we all know that, so we give our best to just stay alive because they will never see us like normal people, we are like gear to use.

I know the SAS very well and the Gurkas, and they are not your recons, i believe the SAS are better, the missions they do are of a diferent kind. They are very good, but they dont make an army.

Just an opinion of course....

Old 04-19-2009, 08:57 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Average View Post
I have to say i just found this forum just a few days ago and i decided to put my 2 cents in.
I am 38 years old guy which has a stuffed up back.
I broke it having an accident in the the army in which stuffed up my whole carrier.
But thats another story.
I started to read about which had the best army.So i hope that i can put my 2 cents in as i said before.
I believe that That the Aussies are as equal to any of the army's in the world.
Ok we dont have the numbers as the americans or russia or india or china but we do have heart.Australia only have 53,000 soilders.
Our SAS are probably as good or better then some of the special forces in the world.
The british might have started the SAS but as usual it takes another country to perfect it.
There is a lot of people that said the british SAS is the best and taught the rest.
But let me tell you people out in cyber world what happened when the Prince Harry came to Australia to be a jackaroo.
The British SAS was to protect the up and coming prince and what defeted the mighty british SAS. The Aussie HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes people they had to put air-con in the British SAS accomodation.
The Prince wasnt aloud to be out after a certain time as the SAS couldnt handle the 40+ heat.
The Australian actually train in the heat and the rainforest and also the snow.
We are the all round solider.
We dont have a million special forces just a few but the Aussie SAS are one of the best in the world.
We have had American marines come over here to Tully and train in the rainforest with our boys and they just **** there pants as they just cant handle the aussie humidity and terrain.
Dont get me wrong i am not american bashing as if we went to war tomorrow i want them to be on our side but as a small nation can hold our own.
I am a proud Aussie and would die for our country.

In the Iraq war why do you think that the Americans wanted the Aussie's in there???
Not because of our superiour fighting force or our technology.But because we have heart and back our mates up , and our SAS.
Remember one thing people if an Aussie is your mate he will back you up in any fight.
The Aussie SAS were in Iraq 24 hours before any other army.They were gathering intel,military strength and best way to beat the Iraq miltary.
There longest Aussie SAS patrol was for over 6 weeks.
They just walked into the battle and no one ever seen them until they came back.
The American brass were so pissed off with them as they never saluted or even reconized the ranks of the american brass and when they came back they looked like ferals.Non shaven and never had a bath.
As the Aussie SAS said " We had to march into battle and had no help form the americans "
The longest patrol by the american special forces was about 3 days.
The Aussie SAS just lives of the land and just stayed out there.
The Americans need there back up and need there techonlogy.
The Aussies just dont have that.We just have our training and the ANZAC spirit.
The Aussie SAS were sitting and watching bagdad way before any other country military.
The reason i know this is cause one of those knobs that tied themselves to the buildings and infrastratcha to stop the Americans blowing it up,got stopped and arrested by the Aussie SAS as they left bagdad.They were arrested and shipped back to there safe camp.
After the Americans started to go full pelt and everyone knew that SAS were there some where they let them lose.
They went to the media and told there story.

In Vietnam the Aussie SAS where called " The phontom of the jungle "
The would just walk into the con's camps and leave calling card on there chest's and walk away with out killing them.Just to show them who was the bigger man.
The Aussie had no fear from the con and in the sector they didnt carry any weapon as they new that they wouldn't be touched.
The American's were known for other stuff in which i will not say.
The con had no fear of the american's.

I can go on and on about the Aussie SAS and Army air force and navy.
The Australian defecnce force are trained to fight 5 on one.
We dont have the numbers to take on a large number of enemys but if need be we can kick there arse as good as any other nation.

The American's have there " Top Gun ". There is a lot of Aussie fighter pilots there teaching the best of the best.
They are teaching them how to fight 5 on one as our soilders and every other branch of our defence force.

Basically we are a small nation but remember one thing,if we have your back we will back you all the way,even if it mean that we have to lose our lives.
We done it in Gallipoli and the rest of the wars.

WE HAVE THE ANZAC SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LESS WE FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you might have a bad back for operations, but with that post could take a PR Role with the Auzzie Army any day... I never goto work with the Auzzie Army whilst in the Irish Army, but know their reputation as being tough and skilled.. as for "The Best", I personally think that you will find those in Special Forces all round the free world couldnt give a rats *ss about rankings or popularity. They seem to like invisability and "below radar" positioning.... Thats just my 2c on it anyway...

Rgds
Exo

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to airbornerangerson

probably a tie between the u. s. and england

Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornerangerson View Post
probably a tie between the u. s. and england
I would like to see your elaborations on that.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Brigadier General

Ah yes...the great "English Army"
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر