armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
... when I finally earned my unit pin and patch. It still looks special.
Roger that!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Private First Class

cool cool. thank you. today i was projected to floor tomorrow. im stoked. enlisting as an 11x. i have to work around to get airbourne. i was denied for a small medical issue. soon to be no problems though.im also thinking cavalry scout for a bit and then to ranger school. and i also would like to attend sniper school. its great my career as a warrior has started, well officially tomorrow. i set off to fort benning april 8th. thanks to everyong pointing my in some needed directions to help me find the information i need.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Brigadier General

It's not that easy. If you don't have an option 4 contract you might not get to Airborne School. When you're in the Big Army you might not be able to get to Ranger School, & that probably wouldn't happen until you're an NCO. Combat Arms soldiers & even non-Combat Arms are eligible to go to Ranger School if their units want to spend the money on it. It's assumed that it will make you a better leader & the skills you bring back will be passed on to your soldiers. It's also designed to make you a better leader & a better soldier. It's not a requirement unless you're in the 75th Ranger Regt. Even there it's not an absolute requirement but you won't do any leading of troops without the Ranger Tab & you might not be able to stay in one of the Ranger Batts.

Being Airborne qualified is not a requirement for non-75th Regt. soldiers to attend Ranger School but you have to be Airborne qualified before you go to RIP.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadbare304 View Post
cool cool. thank you. today i was projected to floor tomorrow. im stoked. enlisting as an 11x. i have to work around to get airbourne. i was denied for a small medical issue. soon to be no problems though.im also thinking cavalry scout for a bit and then to ranger school. and i also would like to attend sniper school. its great my career as a warrior has started, well officially tomorrow. i set off to fort benning april 8th. thanks to everyong pointing my in some needed directions to help me find the information i need.
Just so you know, its my understanding that slots on a Sniper Course is very difficult to get in the US Army... That said, becoming a sniper will give you field craft skills that are top of the range, and military snipers overall are regarded as top notch soldiers.. so Id keep that one in my sights (excuse the pun...) Theres many options... Glenns got some insights into the Airborne Quals... Certainly worth looking at..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Steady View Post
Roger that!
Yes Sir....When I finally earned my unit pin and patch it was a special moment for me. The day..I earned my Air Assualt Blood Wings it was like christmas morning...I had no one to pin on for me. So I asked my favorite instructor who was Airborne to do the honors... It's all special to me...

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
It's not that easy. If you don't have an option 4 contract you might not get to Airborne School. When you're in the Big Army you might not be able to get to Ranger School, & that probably wouldn't happen until you're an NCO. Combat Arms soldiers & even non-Combat Arms are eligible to go to Ranger School if their units want to spend the money on it. It's assumed that it will make you a better leader & the skills you bring back will be passed on to your soldiers. It's also designed to make you a better leader & a better soldier. It's not a requirement unless you're in the 75th Ranger Regt. Even there it's not an absolute requirement but you won't do any leading of troops without the Ranger Tab & you might not be able to stay in one of the Ranger Batts.

Being Airborne qualified is not a requirement for non-75th Regt. soldiers to attend Ranger School but you have to be Airborne qualified before you go to RIP.
msg glenn. thank you for the knowledge. now i know a little more than before. i thought it was neccessary qualification to go to ranger school.
thank you.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Just so you know, its my understanding that slots on a Sniper Course is very difficult to get in the US Army... That said, becoming a sniper will give you field craft skills that are top of the range, and military snipers overall are regarded as top notch soldiers.. so Id keep that one in my sights (excuse the pun...) Theres many options... Glenns got some insights into the Airborne Quals... Certainly worth looking at..
yes snipers are a great part of the force. i have my whole life wanted to shoot rifles and become one of the best and knowledeged sniper i could be. more so than becoming a ranger. although i wouldnt mind being a ranger sniper.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Yes Sir....When I finally earned my unit pin and patch it was a special moment for me. The day..I earned my Air Assualt Blood Wings it was like christmas morning...I had no one to pin on for me. So I asked my favorite instructor who was Airborne to do the honors... It's all special to me...

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever
i would rather have an insturctor than my parents, it would be a different kind of acknowlegement of achive ment. and i can only hope to do my best a graduate every class on top. it would be some of the best achivments in my life.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadbare304 View Post
msg glenn. thank you for the knowledge. now i know a little more than before. i thought it was neccessary qualification to go to ranger school.
thank you.
Had you done a search like I TOLD you to do, you'd have already known because I've covered it countless times. Just because someone will hand feed you now, doesn't mean they will when you get into the real world. I suggest, if you are serious about becoming a Ranger or SF you start doing your homework, then asking questions. MSG Glenn won't be there to hold your hand when you're in.

Sniper school has also been covered.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Private First Class

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Had you done a search like I TOLD you to do, you'd have already known because I've covered it countless times. Just because someone will hand feed you now, doesn't mean they will when you get into the real world. I suggest, if you are serious about becoming a Ranger or SF you start doing your homework, then asking questions. MSG Glenn won't be there to hold your hand when you're in.

Sniper school has also been covered.
maybe i didnt want to be rude, and maybe i did already know. ive done countless hours of research into what mos i want. but more importantly i need to spend less time researching and more time training. so if by chance i asked a question because i didnt want to search for it, maybe its because i have better things to do with the hours of my day. its doesnt happen to mean that i am lazy, but just taking advantage of this forum, and the people with information to spread willingly. if this oppurtunity wasnt here i would search it myself. but it is here and it is helpful. so why dont you stop preeching about being a self starter. if i wasnt a self starter i wouldnt have known about this forum, or even posted a thread. people in life resond better to positive information, not cutting eachother down. so again

THANK YOU for anyinformation you have given me.