armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Private First Class

Question ranger to green beret

in my future i hope to become a green beret. but to get there, what might be some of the steps to follow and requirements to meet.? can you choose where you want to be put? any information that might help me would be greatly appreciated.
thank you,

Last edited by threadbare304; 03-25-2008 at 03:06 PM..

Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadbare304 View Post
in my future i hope to become a green beret. but to get there, what might be some of the steps to follow and requirements to meet.? can you choose where you want to be put? any information that might help me would be greatly appreciated.
thank you,
First, why do you want to be a hat? Hats don't do much of anything but sit on your head. What you meant to say was that you'd like to be Special Forces, not a hat.

As for your question, do a search on this site, also start hitting Google up and GoArmy.com for some basic information. SF soldiers have to be self starters. Do that, come back with informed and researched questions and I'll give you all of the answers you need. I've put a lot of information on this site about the Ranger Regt. as well as Special Forces and the paths you need to take for both. Use that search key.

Let me know when you are ready.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Private First Class

well i know a bit about the rangers, and have done my share of good research there. i know i need to get the option 40 in my contract, then to btc, airborne, rip, then to ranger school. i know i will be going to fort benning as do the rest of the infantry.hat? a green beret. at first i dont want to become a beret, i want to serve my first contract as a ranger. but i also still would like first hand information on life of the hats.later after pursuing the rangers, i might feel the need to go to sniper school being that i qualify. i am still indecisive of what i want to be doing in ten years, but for the next 5-6 yrs i know exactly what i want to do. i am sorry if my first post was a little vague. but i will search a little more into the hats. and after that if i have more questions i will send you a message.
thank you,

Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
well i know a bit about the rangers, and have done my share of good research there. i know i need to get the option 40 in my contract, then to btc, airborne, rip, then to ranger school. i know i will be going to fort benning as do the rest of the infantry.hat? a green beret. at first i dont want to become a beret, i want to serve my first contract as a ranger. but i also still would like first hand information on life of the hats.later after pursuing the rangers, i might feel the need to go to sniper school being that i qualify. i am still indecisive of what i want to be doing in ten years, but for the next 5-6 yrs i know exactly what i want to do. i am sorry if my first post was a little vague. but i will search a little more into the hats. and after that if i have more questions i will send you a message.
thank you,
Calling them "hats" and "berets" isn't exactly showing respect.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Steady View Post
Calling them "hats" and "berets" isn't exactly showing respect.
thats what my man tacky was calling them. so yea i dont know the lingo people use, and im not trying to put anyone on the defensive, simply had a question, he answered calling them hats. what more need to be said.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

He meant that unless you want to be a hat, start calling them the correct term: Army Special Forces.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Private First Class

ah thank you. i see the mis understanding.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:23 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
ah thank you. i see the mis understanding.
and he also said that Special Forces Personnel are self starters, so on that note, go find out about US Special Forces on this site alone is a wealth of information that Tacky has posted... and what doesnt make sense, just ask...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
and he also said that Special Forces Personnel are self starters, so on that note, go find out about US Special Forces on this site alone is a wealth of information that Tacky has posted... and what doesnt make sense, just ask...
sounds good. i will get back to you guys if i come up with questions unaswered.
thank you,

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool

Quote:
thats what my man tacky was calling them. so yea i dont know the lingo people use, and im not trying to put anyone on the defensive, simply had a question, he answered calling them hats. what more need to be said.
No Worries...Bro. I remember posting about the S/F's a long time ago with so much pride because. My beret is black......."I got jacked" when I finally earned my unit pin and patch. It still looks special. "Im still jacked". My unit pin and patch is very special and means a great deal to me.Go to Current Events .SF's thread .."Today was a good day for the Green Berets..S/F's..Next".

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia.
Army Aviation Air Assualt.
Black berets forever
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.