armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Default Soldiers don't curse like sailors.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been brought to my attention that many of our users are starting to slip in the verbal civility area. Many of you know that young people come here for advice and encouragement. We don't want them to leave with our bad habits. We have a bad word filter for a reason, mainly we want parents to be comfortable with their children coming to this site. Please if you feel the need to let off some of your steam verbally use the asterisks, and let the rest of us use our imaginations. I brought this up a couple of months ago and it seemed like a good time to bring it up again. I like our online family to self police but that means you have to police yourself.

I knew you would all understand. Have fun and don't forget to use the ****** ****** *** **** asterisks.

Grimm

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral David Farragut

Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
General of the Armies

Fair point Grimm... Ill lay off the ****ing cursing!!......

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Corporal

Yeh we gotta watch that with the kids. My daughters growing up so quick these days. I tell ya

God bless you all

Old 09-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Yeh we gotta watch that with the kids. My daughters growing up so quick these days. I tell ya

God bless you all
What's up with that death trap they call the Osprey you have you in your avatar?

Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Major

Send a message via AIM to Zidane Send a message via MSN to Zidane

But...What will I do whilst I smoke Cuban cigars?
We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the contest, and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid. We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard, and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men, be free men, that your children may bless their father's name. - Sam Houston

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee

Old 09-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
What's up with that death trap they call the Osprey you have you in your avatar?
That there is the most expensive hedge cutter in the world
Seriously though its faster than a helicopter in plane mode and can pull more so you guys will be usin them soon if not already UK are buyin them too I believe.

God bless you all

Old 09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
That there is the most expensive hedge cutter in the world
Seriously though its faster than a helicopter in plane mode and can pull more so you guys will be usin them soon if not already UK are buyin them too I believe.

God bless you all

Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-cursing discussion.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

No I aint flown in one. Are they really that bad? Bell have piled a **** load of money into that project. They do look .... out of proportion I guess thats what happens when the design engineers don't communicate with the end user!.....Boy that Sounds familar

Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:

Oh **** Tacky.. your ******* right... I cant belive the would build a piece of **** without asking the Army... what a ******* shock!!..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been brought to my attention that many of our users are starting to slip in the verbal civility area. Many of you know that young people come here for advice and encouragement. We don't want them to leave with our bad habits. We have a bad word filter for a reason, mainly we want parents to be comfortable with their children coming to this site. Please if you feel the need to let off some of your steam verbally use the asterisks, and let the rest of us use our imaginations. I brought this up a couple of months ago and it seemed like a good time to bring it up again. I like our online family to self police but that means you have to police yourself.

I knew you would all understand. Have fun and don't forget to use the ****** ****** *** **** asterisks.

Grimm
**** does mean we can't ****in swear anymore