armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Grimm's Avatar
Grimm Grimm is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 90
Default Soldiers don't curse like sailors.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been brought to my attention that many of our users are starting to slip in the verbal civility area. Many of you know that young people come here for advice and encouragement. We don't want them to leave with our bad habits. We have a bad word filter for a reason, mainly we want parents to be comfortable with their children coming to this site. Please if you feel the need to let off some of your steam verbally use the asterisks, and let the rest of us use our imaginations. I brought this up a couple of months ago and it seemed like a good time to bring it up again. I like our online family to self police but that means you have to police yourself.

I knew you would all understand. Have fun and don't forget to use the ****** ****** *** **** asterisks.

Grimm
__________________
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral David Farragut
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Fair point Grimm... Ill lay off the ****ing cursing!!......
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 09-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Chuck's Avatar
Chuck Chuck is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 46
Default

Yeh we gotta watch that with the kids. My daughters growing up so quick these days. I tell ya

God bless you all
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 09-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Tacky Tacky is offline
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Yeh we gotta watch that with the kids. My daughters growing up so quick these days. I tell ya

God bless you all
What's up with that death trap they call the Osprey you have you in your avatar?
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Zidane's Avatar
Zidane Zidane is offline
Major
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,239
Send a message via AIM to Zidane Send a message via MSN to Zidane
Default

But...What will I do whilst I smoke Cuban cigars?
__________________
We view ourselves on the eve of battle. We are nerved for the contest, and must conquer or perish. It is vain to look for present aid. We must now act or abandon all hope! Rally to the standard, and be no longer the scoff of mercenary tongues! Be men, be free men, that your children may bless their father's name. - Sam Houston

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 09-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Chuck's Avatar
Chuck Chuck is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
What's up with that death trap they call the Osprey you have you in your avatar?
That there is the most expensive hedge cutter in the world
Seriously though its faster than a helicopter in plane mode and can pull more so you guys will be usin them soon if not already UK are buyin them too I believe.

God bless you all
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Tacky Tacky is offline
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: US
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
That there is the most expensive hedge cutter in the world
Seriously though its faster than a helicopter in plane mode and can pull more so you guys will be usin them soon if not already UK are buyin them too I believe.

God bless you all

Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-cursing discussion.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Chuck's Avatar
Chuck Chuck is offline
Corporal
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-cursing discussion.
No I aint flown in one. Are they really that bad? Bell have piled a **** load of money into that project. They do look .... out of proportion I guess thats what happens when the design engineers don't communicate with the end user!.....Boy that Sounds familar
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Have you ever flown in one? I have, they're pieces of ****, they leak more hyd than any a/c I've ever been in and when it runs out from leaking all over the floor? Bye bye... also, it can't carry more personnel than a 56 or 46, it's smaller inside. It would be great for a little cargo carrier, but for what we're trying to use it for it's just a death trap. Anyway, I was just giving you **** over it .. we need to get you a better helicopter for your avatar.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-cursing discussion.
Oh **** Tacky.. your ******* right... I cant belive the would build a piece of **** without asking the Army... what a ******* shock!!..
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Tiny Texas's Avatar
Tiny Texas Tiny Texas is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been brought to my attention that many of our users are starting to slip in the verbal civility area. Many of you know that young people come here for advice and encouragement. We don't want them to leave with our bad habits. We have a bad word filter for a reason, mainly we want parents to be comfortable with their children coming to this site. Please if you feel the need to let off some of your steam verbally use the asterisks, and let the rest of us use our imaginations. I brought this up a couple of months ago and it seemed like a good time to bring it up again. I like our online family to self police but that means you have to police yourself.

I knew you would all understand. Have fun and don't forget to use the ****** ****** *** **** asterisks.

Grimm
**** does mean we can't ****in swear anymore
__________________
Heads or tails?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.