armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-17-2007, 09:06 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchofc View Post
My husband just went to a recruiters office for the Marines and was told he is too old. He called the Army and was told he is too old. He is 48 years young and wants to join, with no prior service in the military. My hsuband does not look his age and he is in good physical shape. He is not worried about retirement, he just wants to serve his country. Is there anyone out there that we can be referred to, that could possibly help us or, or someone we could complain to. I know it would probably take years for the age to be changed again, but any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Have a read of this thread.... some of the lads here are in the same situation as your hubby... Age cap is currently 42...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Sergeant

Smile age limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchofc View Post
My husband just went to a recruiters office for the Marines and was told he is too old. He called the Army and was told he is too old. He is 48 years young and wants to join, with no prior service in the military. My hsuband does not look his age and he is in good physical shape. He is not worried about retirement, he just wants to serve his country. Is there anyone out there that we can be referred to, that could possibly help us or, or someone we could complain to. I know it would probably take years for the age to be changed again, but any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hello there,I'm in the same boat,and in the process of contacting polititans,my Gov and others.Go to army national guard forums, read up on age limits you will find some encouragement and some good advice. There more people than you realise out there trying to get in the Army but what you need is them to give your husband is an {exception to policy} there is no such thing as an age wavier.I know of one woman that was almost 44 she got an exception to policy but she had to write her Gov and the President.My letter is finished and is going to go out Monday,would be glad to email you a copy so you get some ideas,what we need is as many as possible who are in this boat{and are physically fit} make the contacts with the upper brass. [email]navydad_03@yahoo.com[/email] gsimes

Last edited by gsimes; 03-17-2007 at 01:42 PM..

Old 03-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsimes View Post
Hello there,I'm in the same boat,and in the process of contacting polititans,my Gov and others.Go to army national guard forums, read up on age limits you will find some encouragement and some good advice. There more people than you realise out there trying to get in the Army but what you need is them to give your husband is an {exception to policy} there is no such thing as an age wavier.I know of one woman that was almost 44 she got an exception to policy but she had to write her Gov and the President.My letter is finished and is going to go out Monday,would be glad to email you a copy so you get some ideas,what we need is as many as possible who are in this boat{and are physically fit} make the contacts with the upper brass. [email]navydad_03@yahoo.com[/email] gsimes
Yes, I would love to have a copy of the letter(s) you are sending out, so I could get some ideas from it. I sent an e-mail out to you requesting this information. We are going to contact our politician here in our area, and write a letter to the president to see if my husband can get the (exception to policy)also. I have gone into the army national guard forum,looks like you have been everywhere with this issue and I tell you on this end, we truly appreciate your efforts, and hopefully if more people see this forum they will also try to take part in pushing to change the age limit restriction. My husband is like yourself, he just wants to serve his country and is not worried about a pension.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool

Hey Gee ,

We are today's Army. Old school and new school. Most of us are educated, or in the process. Yet stupid enough to still fight over a seat at bar. We walk away from trouble but.....never run. We got a little drunk last night. We only get our weekends.

After a night of beer and shots. We belive it's time for a shout out.

You Sir, can join our unit. Anytime.

Hooah, gsimes.

Nightflyer, and the 1st. 113th Reg.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 03-18-2007 at 05:46 PM..

Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Sergeant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Hey Gee ,

We are today's Army. Old school and new school. Most of us are educated, or in the process. Yet stupid enough to still fight over a seat at bar. We walk away from trouble but.....never run. We got a little drunk last night. We only get our weekends.

After a night of beer and shots. We belive it's time for a shout out.

You Sir, can join our unit. Anytime.

Hooah, gsimes.

Nightflyer, and the 1st. 113th Reg.
Thanks for the invite I've got Wash.D.C. bombarded with letters the'll either let me in the Army or men in black suits with wires comming out of their ears will check me out,might have to join your unit. gsimes army strong
damn the torpedoes full speed ahead

Old 03-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Yea, no worries, Im hearning ya dude.... that attitude is 100%..... cant ask for any better attitude in a fellow soldier... However, my core point is that your passion (which I share for getting a good job done) needs to be tempered against the physical abilities of your body and the job at hand.. to be honest, If theres a match, then cool... bring it on, get kitted out 'cos your country needs you now... if not, that reality needs to be accepted for your safety and of your fellow soldier...

lol.... 15 yrs ago, when running nearly 9 miles a day at 6-7 minute miles, Marching 20 miles a week on average with 70lbs on my back. I never had a six pack.... my stomach was like granite rock, cos of the enormus body strength and muscle endurance needed to get a good job done.... 6 packs require specific exercise that tone your outer layer of muscle into a ribbed effect... its not a military exercise and only for metrosexuals and cissies who love the mirror.... needless to say, I was never in either catagory...
Hah I never found anythin wrong with abs. I got em but im not a metrosexual or a cissie. The girls just love em lol.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Sergeant

Wink six-packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
Hah I never found anythin wrong with abs. I got em but im not a metrosexual or a cissie. The girls just love em lol.
I need to set you guys straight ,several posts ago I said I didn't allow myself to become like joe six-pack, around here joe six-pack is apethetic person that suffers from dun-lap disease,his belly button has dun-lapped over his belt buckle and he still thinks he is in top physical shape,now I don't have six-packs either but the section above my waist is solid, and the one that I have to please is more than happy with it.Hothing wrong with the rest of the anatomty either.
gsimes

Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I need to set you guys straight ,several posts ago I said I didn't allow myself to become like joe six-pack, around here joe six-pack is apethetic person that suffers from dun-lap disease,his belly button has dun-lapped over his belt buckle and he still thinks he is in top physical shape,now I don't have six-packs either but the section above my waist is solid, and the one that I have to please is more than happy with it.Hothing wrong with the rest of the anatomty either.
gsimes
Lol yup yup yup its all about what the ladys want lol

Old 03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
gsimes
Yup Yup Yup!!!... Gotchya!!....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"