armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11binfantry View Post
I just chaptered a young soldier for failing to adhear to the no drug use for the us army gave the guy several oportunitys to fix him self but after falling asleep on the 240 range as AG I figured he was done at that point. its pathetic
A 240 doesn't need an AG. No wonder he fell asleep. Ditch the tri-pod and you end up with a much stronger gun team.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:41 PM
First Sergeant

in an infantry line unit the 240B is a crew served weapon the AG (assistant gunner) is there as a pack mule, and since the soldiers with the 240 are required to carry the tripod and the spare barrel and since infantry is mobile unfortuely you need two people minimal as a full weapon squad there would be one more and he would be the ammo bearer....

I get what your saying and if it was mounted then ya drive on but in that particular secenerio the AG primary responsiblity was to feed ammo into the weapon so the gunner could qualify on his weapon.

this AG fell asleep in between loading ammo....

(SERIOUSLY how do you fall asleep then)
Later I found out that he was in crystal meth during his off time and he was coming back down and crashing during range time....

not acceptable

Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM
First Lieutenant

That's the type who sleep on guard duty--even on deployment--it's good to weed them out.

I always keep an eye on AGs and ABs, we all know who they pick first for those jobs.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
in an infantry line unit the 240B is a crew served weapon the AG (assistant gunner) is there as a pack mule, and since the soldiers with the 240 are required to carry the tripod and the spare barrel and since infantry is mobile unfortuely you need two people minimal as a full weapon squad there would be one more and he would be the ammo bearer....

I get what your saying and if it was mounted then ya drive on but in that particular secenerio the AG primary responsiblity was to feed ammo into the weapon so the gunner could qualify on his weapon.

this AG fell asleep in between loading ammo....

(SERIOUSLY how do you fall asleep then)
Later I found out that he was in crystal meth during his off time and he was coming back down and crashing during range time....

not acceptable
You dont want a dumb SOB like that with you to the local shop, never mind to a deployment... jeez... how stupid can some folks get??...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
First Sergeant

well eveidnetly basic and AIT didn't beat it out of him or scare him stupid either way he allowed to be sucked back into the life style that got him there in the first place. I did all that I could for that troop to help instill that value's that are needed for military service....

you know one time he failed to show for a movment to a local training area because "he had to clean up after his dog"

still makes my blood boil....

Old 04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
well eveidnetly basic and AIT didn't beat it out of him or scare him stupid either way he allowed to be sucked back into the life style that got him there in the first place. I did all that I could for that troop to help instill that value's that are needed for military service....

you know one time he failed to show for a movment to a local training area because "he had to clean up after his dog"

still makes my blood boil....
He was obviously refering to himself... I would be the same... knawwing on a piece of wood does it for me....

**** em, you tagged his sorry ***, so move on, hes moving out...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
He was obviously refering to himself... I would be the same... knawwing on a piece of wood does it for me....

**** em, you tagged his sorry ***, so move on, hes moving out...

well ya this is a while ago that this happened, last I heard the guy who by the way was 30yrs old

lost his job at fedex and was just spiriliing down hill....

he's a lost cause as far as the army was concerned and I cut him from draggin any one down with him.

he was the weak link in our chain, but what I was really astounded by is that his desention was infecting other younger troops in our ranks for a bit.
all the privates thought that they could just walk all over and that they didn't care what the reprocussions were and I was amazed that Basic had not instilled many values in the soldiers it was producing. However now we have a good unit and platoon I'm not so worried anymore I feel that each and every soldier in there I can totally trust with my life and I can trust with other poeples life

Old 04-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to sasha Send a message via Yahoo to sasha
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
You can't and won't even take responsibilities for your own actions, why would I want you in my military? Blaming the government for YOUR mistakes lacks a little maturity.

You broke the law and there is a price for that. At 15, you were old enough to know what you were doing was wrong, so you are fully capable of accepting the responsibility for it.

You may or may not be able to get into the Army in the future, waivers are sometimes available but for something like this they are given on a case by case basis.
give the guy a break man! he realized his mistake! if he wants to join the army i think he should!

Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha View Post
give the guy a break man! he realized his mistake! if he wants to join the army i think he should!
ahh the mind of a 13 year old.. Doesnt understand half the words we are even saying...

Old 04-27-2007, 07:46 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
ahh the mind of a 13 year old.. Doesnt understand half the words we are even saying...
That's actually the mind of a liberal, which, incidentally is equivalent to the mind of a 13 year old.