armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com Games > America's Army Game
User Name
Password

Old 06-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Let the children play soccer and hockey and maybe baseball. Their will be plenty of times when their older (14-18) to play games that even you don't know about.....Let kids be kids.....Don't let them grow faster then they need to.....Fields and ice is key.....Team sports.....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Let the children play soccer and hockey and maybe baseball. Their will be plenty of times when their older (14-18) to play games that even you don't know about.....Let kids be kids.....Don't let them grow faster then they need to.....Fields and ice is key.....Team sports.....
HOCKEY!!!????
How about airsoft? He will satisfy the action craving, learn tactical movement skills, develope a concept of teamwork, and get a good cardio workout!

Old 06-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Colonel

Hockey is just great! Can't put enough explaination points there. Some sense of self freedom takes place when your just skating around the rink as fast as your legs will let you. Or skating faster than the people trying to catch you can go. Or getting to the bench and seeing your team mates really nail that guy who just lynched you when the ref wasn't looking. Or looking the goaltender in the eye through that steel cage over his face, for just a split second after you have scored a goal. ...etc... lol No wonder getting laid is called scoring.

....and a movie to fall asleep to afterward was nice too.

Last edited by Common Sence; 06-30-2007 at 05:58 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
Hockey is just great! Can't put enough explaination points there. Some sense of self freedom takes place when your just skating around the rink as fast as your legs will let you. Or skating faster than the people trying to catch you can go. Or getting to the bench and seeing your team mates really nail that guy who just lynched you when the ref wasn't looking. Or looking the goaltender in the eye through that steel sage over his face, for just a split second after you have scored a goal. ...etc... lol No wonder getting laid is called scoring.

....and a movie to fall asleep to afterward was nice too.

Here is man.....who can play the game. I can't wait for training camp.....speed and skill.

Oh, Dean Youngblood and Coach Murry Chadwick. Their's a movie. Youngblood. JR A hockey.....got me recruited into school.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Isn't hockey, like, that sport with figure skating and sticks and stuff?
Living in North Dakota, there was no escaping hockey...lots of fun, great workout, good way to learn to fight!

Old 06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Here is man.....who can play the game. I can't wait for training camp.....speed and skill.

Oh, Dean Youngblood and Coach Murry Chadwick. Their's a movie. Youngblood. JR A hockey.....got me recruited into school.
Youngblood and Slapshot stand as my favourite hockey movies. Don't think that will change.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Youngblood and Slapshot stand as my favourite hockey movies. Don't think that will change.

Ratkie, the all time hockey bad guy. Chadwick, your going to take him
(Youngblood) over me.....You'll see me again. Thunder Bay vs The Hamilton Mustangs
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 06-30-2007 at 09:03 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Ratkie, the all time hockey bad guy. Chadwick, your going to take him
(Youngblood) over me.....You'll see me again. Thunder Bay vs The Hamilton Mustangs
Ogy Ogelthorpe.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Brigadier General

Cool Junior Hockey in the Great White

Quote:
Ogy Ogelthorpe.
How can I forget!!.....Nice.
When I left to live with my host family in Canada my older brother who played told me about GM/ Coach B.....The first day after we we're told we made the final roster he sat us down straight away and said.....Their's three reasons paying fans get up off their seats.

1. A goal.....2. A fight..... 3. A beer.....Lol. If we didn't produce he would trade us to a junior B team in bora bora..... Actually it was Cleveland. Sound familiar? They we're the best of times.....

College hockey is great and we get alot of press and cool stuff like that and such.But junior hockey is better in terms of rules.

We played NHL style rules....half shields..we had enforcers...No one ever played dirty cus they knew if they did .....they would have to drop the gloves at center ice and go...college hockey you can't fight so the hockey can be dirty at times. That said.

I'm going to use my speed and skills and score a couple of goals for you guys this year.....If you ever get around the NY area ......I'll set you and your girl and your friends up with a couple of tixs at the Prudential Center, home of the NJ Devs.....We might play Army.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 07-01-2007 at 07:39 AM..

Old 07-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Colonel

Quote:
How can I forget!!.....Nice.
When I left to live with my host family in Canada my older brother who played told me about GM/ Coach B.....The first day after we we're told we made the final roster he sat us down straight away and said.....Their's three reasons paying fans get up off their seats.

1. A goal.....2. A fight..... 3. A beer.....Lol. If we didn't produce he would trade us to a junior B team in bora bora..... Actually it was Cleveland. Sound familiar? They we're the best of times.....

College hockey is great and we get alot of press and cool stuff like that and such.But junior hockey is better in terms of rules.

We played NHL style rules....half shields..we had enforcers...No one ever played dirty cus they knew if they did .....they would have to drop the gloves at center ice and go...college hockey you can't fight so the hockey can be dirty at times. That said.

I'm going to use my speed and skills and score a couple of goals for you guys this year.....If you ever get around the NY area ......I'll set you and your girl and your friends up with a couple of tixs at the Prudential Center, home of the NJ Devs.....We might play Army.
I got out of league after highschool. So, for us they got up for a goal and a fight. ...or fell down because they showed up ****faced. lol I'll always remember when the fans were told they couldn't sit near the visitors penalty box anymore. WHY!! we asked, and were told, "You've convinced too many of them to jump into the stands". **** we laughed. Cudos to fans.

I could go on a road trip to NY again. For more than the weekend this time. 24 hours of driving, for 40 hours of good times makes for a shady drive back home to Nova Scotia.