armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2005, 03:49 AM
warfighter82

jimbofur

just keep making posts like this. if your legit, they'll contact you. if your not then you'll never know they were there. or maybe you will......

Last edited by warfighter82; 12-04-2005 at 03:51 AM..

Old 12-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Private

Exclamation

I've been told from someone with extensive experience that being a Merc or "Contracter" is a ***** living. Business comes and goes and you are just hired muscle. You do the grunt work. If you don't mind being that then work on your credentials.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinkoh
I've been told from someone with extensive experience that being a Merc or "Contracter" is a ***** living. Business comes and goes and you are just hired muscle. You do the grunt work. If you don't mind being that then work on your credentials.
Mercs and Contractors are two completely different things.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Private

Yeah I understand, I'm just trying to share what i've ben told by a supposed ex-merc. That contracter comment was missplaced, sorry.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Staff Sergeant

I wanted to share some videos of real footage in Irak yeah that page is sick but only seeing at this we can understand the real impact in War in there you can found a Mercenary video too of Irak some US mercenaries fighting against Insurgents Blackwater sniper.

[url]http://www.blackwaterusa.com/[/url]

Old 02-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibil1944
I wanted to share some videos of real footage in Irak yeah that page is sick but only seeing at this we can understand the real impact in War in there you can found a Mercenary video too of Irak some US mercenaries fighting against Insurgents Blackwater sniper.

[url]http://www.blackwaterusa.com/[/url]
Blackwater does not hire Mercs. These are contractors and the majority are former US/UK SOF, almost all Blackwater employees are highly skilled and credentialed. Mercs are hired by foreign governments, groups or political parties, not local companies contracted by the same local government.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
Blackwater does not hire Mercs. These are contractors and the majority are former US/UK SOF, almost all Blackwater employees are highly skilled and credentialed. Mercs are hired by foreign governments, groups or political parties, not local companies contracted by the same local government.

Well i didnt said that blackwater hired mercs because they dont, but they are like a merc security agency, the goverments paid them to fight in Irak thats what a merc do, fight a war and get paid for it. For joining Blackwater you have to serve first in the US army .

Old 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Both Tacky and Kaibil are right. They are not mercs in the sense that they are hired by foreign gov'ts and parties. However, they were hired to fight during a time of conflict. But once again, mercs fight without loyalty to a certain country. Blackwater will only serve the US, unless it is protecting a foreigner for civic protection, not conflict.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1
Both Tacky and Kaibil are right. They are not mercs in the sense that they are hired by foreign gov'ts and parties. However, they were hired to fight during a time of conflict. But once again, mercs fight without loyalty to a certain country. Blackwater will only serve the US, unless it is protecting a foreigner for civic protection, not conflict.
thanks for the information and complement sniper

Old 02-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
Being hired by a country doesn't make you a mercenary.

Private security companies are NOT mercenaries. Companies like blackwater ONLY do security. They only fire if fired upon. Just like any security guard or bodyguard. So they carry M4s and such? So what? They're providing security in a war zone, of course they're going to have rifles. Some bodyguards carry MP5s... does that make them mercenaries? No.

Mercenaries provide defense AND offense. The security companies in Iraq don't do any offense.

Is you see that video they shoot first, and yes they are a security company but they fight in wars for money so that is the thing that define a mercenary.