armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Private

Default Enlistment Bonus

I've read some of the other threads and I am still a bit confused about how you receive your bonus.

Ok. So when you get to wherever your stationed, you prove they owe you a bonus and it may take up to a month for you to receive it, and when you do you will receive half.

Now how does this dividing the rest of it up go.

Lets say I enlist 4 years active and get a bonus of 42k.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox813 View Post
I've read some of the other threads and I am still a bit confused about how you receive your bonus.

Ok. So when you get to wherever your stationed, you prove they owe you a bonus and it may take up to a month for you to receive it, and when you do you will receive half.

Now how does this dividing the rest of it up go.

Lets say I enlist 4 years active and get a bonus of 42k.

Do it because you want to dutifully server your country, not for the money.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCombatMedic View Post
Do it because you want to dutifully server your country, not for the money.
Your moronic post had nothing to do with the question I asked. I wouldn't be serving my country if I didn't wish to, money also helps. I am just trying to figure out how I will get my bonus as I have already signed and would like some info on how I will receive my money.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Brigadier General

My son was owed $10,000 for a seasonal Infantry bonus. While in Infantry OSUT his contract was changed to 11X/Abn/option 40 (Ranger). that was another $3000 bonus. As soon as he completed RIP & went into the 75th Ranger Regt. he got his $3000. He kept applying for the $10,000 & finally it started coming. He was getting it monthly in addition to his regular pay/jump pay. They assured him that if he didn't receive all of it before he ETSed he would still receive it monthly in his direct deposit account until it was payed up.

Make numerous copies of all your paperwork: enlistment contract & completion certificates, orders to your unit , etc. & always make sure you have several copies for yourself. You'll have to submit all the paperwork every time you apply. Maybe you won't have a problem but you'll still have to physically apply for the bonus yourself. Ask your 1st line supervisor where to go for that. Bear in mind that my son was dealing with lazy civilians at Ft. Benning but eventually it worked itself out. What the screwup was the civilians thought that his initial $3000 bonus for Rangers was his 1st installment of the whole thing. They also told him that he could only receive one bonus in a fiscal year. He was wishing they would have started the Infantry bonus 1st & then the Ranger bonus.

Once you apply for your bonus check your LES after the date they told you that you'd start receiving it.

Don't let them screw you out of it. A contract is a contract regardless if you went into the Army for patriotic reasons or for the bonus.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Private

^ I was told something completely different by two enlisted soldiers. They got theres 2weeks to a month after they were stationed which they received half of theyre bonus, then half of the half came a year or 2 later(cant remember which) and so on.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Private First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to jadesmommy1984

the way it was explained to us is:

u will get 10k after u finish basic and ait, then the rest will be split up and given to u on ur anniversary checks (meaning on ur one year, 2 year, 3 year and so on for however many years u signed up for)

thats just what the recruiters told us hope this helps!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Private

^ Is that for a 20k bonus. Because I talked to my recruiter today and he said you get half when you get back.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesmommy1984 View Post
the way it was explained to us is:

u will get 10k after u finish basic and ait, then the rest will be split up and given to u on ur anniversary checks (meaning on ur one year, 2 year, 3 year and so on for however many years u signed up for)

thats just what the recruiters told us hope this helps!
We told something similar (of course, J didn't get an enlistment bonus)... Anyway, the told us if we got one we would receive 10k of it after basic/AIT grad and the rest would be in monthly installments until the other 10k was received in full... It probably states in your contract. Are you able to view that online under your AKO account?

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
We told something similar (of course, J didn't get an enlistment bonus)... Anyway, the told us if we got one we would receive 10k of it after basic/AIT grad and the rest would be in monthly installments until the other 10k was received in full... It probably states in your contract. Are you able to view that online under your AKO account?
So that was for 20.

So if it was for 42 I would get 21 when I get back from basic. Then the rest would be paid in installments?

Old 12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox813 View Post
So that was for 20.

So if it was for 42 I would get 21 when I get back from basic. Then the rest would be paid in installments?
I can't speak for your $$ man. I am just saying what we were told. But if it is like us -- Yes, but remember taxes are taken out... SO figure a lot less than 21. OUr friend got 10 after grad but ended up with 6k after taxes.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3