armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #61  
Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 PM
richard_berserk126 richard_berserk126 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to richard_berserk126 Send a message via Yahoo to richard_berserk126
Default

I'm joining for my own reasons and almost all of the people around DONT want me to go...Which makes me wanna go more. But...Who knows, My views may change later on. But as of now I'm that ****y arrogant guy who thinks there the ****, and hasnt been put in check yet
__________________
"I'm not a good soldier because I died for my country, I'm a good soldier because I make sure the Son of a b**ch over there dies for his."-General George S. Patton
"If at first you don't succeed, BLOW IT UP!!!"-Richard the Berserk
Reply With Quote

  #62  
Old 01-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_berserk126 View Post
I'm joining for my own reasons and almost all of the people around DONT want me to go...Which makes me wanna go more. But...Who knows, My views may change later on. But as of now I'm that ****y arrogant guy who thinks there the ****, and hasnt been put in check yet

Well in that case, whether you make it through training or not, Army will certainly give you a more wider and mature world view.... From Basic Training Washouts to lads to made it to Special Forces, all the lads I know would say the same....
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #63  
Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Youngin_Runnin&Gunnin's Avatar
Youngin_Runnin&Gunnin Youngin_Runnin&Gunnin is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Cumberland PA
Posts: 153
Default it dont matta

death is a small price to pay in exchange for freedom

more lata
__________________
I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.
Reply With Quote

  #64  
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngin_Runnin&Gunnin View Post
death is a small price to pay in exchange for freedom

more lata
Emmm well if your the one dying, you might think it a LARGE price to pay for freedom...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #65  
Old 02-02-2007, 10:39 AM
richard_berserk126 richard_berserk126 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to richard_berserk126 Send a message via Yahoo to richard_berserk126
Default

maybe...But still...Its my decision...Bush has no say...Unless he brings the draft back over night...And I am the one who dies...I dont care as long as I could save those who are precious to me.
__________________
"I'm not a good soldier because I died for my country, I'm a good soldier because I make sure the Son of a b**ch over there dies for his."-General George S. Patton
"If at first you don't succeed, BLOW IT UP!!!"-Richard the Berserk
Reply With Quote

  #66  
Old 02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_berserk126 View Post
maybe...But still...Its my decision...Bush has no say...Unless he brings the draft back over night...And I am the one who dies...I dont care as long as I could save those who are precious to me.
Thats as good a reason to fight as any, so your loved ones dont have to....
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #67  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Smiles_187's Avatar
Smiles_187 Smiles_187 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles Ca
Posts: 29
Default

Gung-ho is just that, a dumb HO who knows nothing about the military and what we do in Iraq and Afghanistan. We don't kill innocent people, but i won't mind hunting YOUR *** down.
Reply With Quote

  #68  
Old 02-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles_187 View Post
Gung-ho is just that, a dumb HO who knows nothing about the military and what we do in Iraq and Afghanistan. We don't kill innocent people, but i won't mind hunting YOUR *** down.
lol... I wouldnt bother getting too worked up over a sad bastard like that..... his biggest dissapointment will be looking in the mirror when he comes down from that buzz he's obviously one...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #69  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
donthurtme!! donthurtme!! is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wv
Posts: 10
Default

lol... absolutely. and as patton said, the point is not to die for you country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his. and while i dont know from experience, i do know the army will humble you, and even in the civ world you cant be an arrogant *** without consequences. even if you dont stay in the army, it will still teach you rules for reg. life, right?
__________________
thinking of joining the army, would like advice! im 17.
Reply With Quote

  #70  
Old 02-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthurtme!! View Post
lol... absolutely. and as patton said, the point is not to die for you country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his. and while i dont know from experience, i do know the army will humble you, and even in the civ world you cant be an arrogant *** without consequences. even if you dont stay in the army, it will still teach you rules for reg. life, right?
Army life and Civvi life are quiete different lad, but I can say from making the transition back to Civvi Street, that I have brought allot with me, and that you can take the man out of the Army but not the Army out of the Man!!... To borrow a phrase from our.... USMC Smiles 187 OHH RAHHH!!..
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.