armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Recruit

Default Where do I make a complaint?

I was wondering where I could make a complaint on a local ARMY ROTC Sgt. I have a rude email from him and at first I wanted to just let it go and delete it, but after reading it again I just want to know if I can email someone or go to a website and just make a formal complain so the issue is known?

Old 07-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Recruit

my advice is dont bother nothing will be done about it.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:04 PM
First Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to Chickenhawk Send a message via Yahoo to Chickenhawk

Ooooh! Once again, such good advice...NOT. One of the biggest problems with nothing getting done is that it goes unreported. If everyone did just the opposite (depending on if the matter really IS trivial in nature or not) then there is a record of misconduct or whatever and that provides the ammo for taking action to correct the problem. It is possible nothing will be done RIGHT NOW, but it provides a basis for possible action in the future if it is an ongoing problem.

grow a set thats my advice to you from 1stcalvrwe3: As with your other replies in various posts, it just goes to show that you have a total lack of professionalism and respect towards others. Do you suppose that the attitude of the ROTC SGT will rub off on the ROTC Candidates and become part of them when they themselves become officers? Like you really care.

mebjt I was wondering where I could make a complaint on a local ARMY ROTC Sgt. I have a rude email from him and at first I wanted to just let it go and delete it, but after reading it again I just want to know if I can email someone or go to a website and just make a formal complain so the issue is known?

If this really is an issue to take up with someone, print out a copy of the email and, if possible, take it to this NCO's supervisor. Go up the Chain of Command. Check back occasionally to see if any corrective action has been or will be taken. If you never do, chances are they will not take you seriously and do nothing.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Private First Class

Right --chickenhawk... This is what our Country is founded on -- Freedom of Speech... The rude and obnoxious have their say --- and so do the proud and daring to be different . It's only fair. Oh---and --- yes --- everyone -- including myself at times --- has to be reprimanded for their bad attitudes... sorry---it's life.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default erm

Well very interesting. Yes you should report and Chicken gave good advise but in a lil bit of a harsh way but tweek no need to jump on chicken when although he was harsh he gave her the right information to help this person. But as you said Freedom of Speech. No need to get mean about it lolol. And tweek why didnt you say Tweek... Out.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:17 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847
Well very interesting. Yes you should report and Chicken gave good advise but in a lil bit of a harsh way but tweek no need to jump on chicken when although he was harsh he gave her the right information to help this person. But as you said Freedom of Speech. No need to get mean about it lolol. And tweek why didnt you say Tweek... Out.
Tweek wasn't jumping on me. She was jumping on 1stcalvrwe3, as was I, whose threads in most/all topics were deleted because most of the replies were vulgar and extremely unprofessional. Just thought you might want to know.
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---

Old 09-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Private First Class

You just read the way I stated this ---wrong---jmm001847. I was just gettin on to ghostrecon--for attitude prob---but everyone has their opinion of course.
--No Sweat--It's Cool----Everybody has to learn to keep the Peace---I THINK THAT'S what it's all about!!??? It's hard to tell sometimes---but I'm always up for a good reprimand or sideswipe at times--just cause it's kind fun and freeing and fr--oggy ----lol And---By the WAy---Thank You Very Much ---chickenhawk ---oh and jmm001847 --Here Ya Go---- Later Ya'll Tweek out!!!

Last edited by Tweek; 09-10-2005 at 06:32 AM..

Old 09-10-2005, 08:59 AM
First Sergeant

And---By the WAy---Thank You Very Much ---chickenhawk. NOW what'd I do!?
"SOLDIER" I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go and did what others failed to do...At least someday I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier. (excerpt) ---Captain George Skypeck, U.S. Army---

Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to cadetjohnson

first of all about the freedom of speech statement made. i think you maybe misunderstanding it that amendment does say you have the right to speak freely. it does not however say you can say whatever you want about someone or to someone if it is in a threating manner. as for the letter i'd go to cadet command on that or yes you can also go through your battalions chain of command start with the ai and go from their

Old 09-29-2005, 06:05 AM
Recruit

Bad attitudes. Yup. We all get em and we all for some reason feel its our right to dispense our ****ty day on everyone else. Well, thats flat out wrong. NCO's and Officers get this thing in their heads that they can go beyond the appropriate corrective training, or disciplinary measures and be demeaning or full on disrespectful to a subordinate. Wrong.

Lets go to fantasy land for a second. Lets say I bring up the Army values. I'm sure the other branches have their own rhetoric which in all honesty would be a fantastic thing to live by, but nobody sets the bar.

Loyalty
Duty
RESPECT
Selfless Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage

I have a little emphasis on respect if you notice. People have a screwed up perception about respect and what it really is. See people want to get into this game of "I'll show him!!", or "I'll give him a piece of my mind!". Not exactly the type of retarded conflict you want in a group of individuals that are dependant on each others lives. Battle readiness, troop morale, and even garrison efficiency or morale can turn to crap by poor leadership.

Dont BERATE your soldiers. They screw up, speak to them respectfully. They may be your lifeline in battle. Give them the appropriate corrective training based on the nature of their actions, but dont disrespect them. For those of you that think im saying to coddle them, get over yourself. You dont have to spit on your soldiers, insult them, or find other means to get them "motivated" to your satisfaction. In the end you will drain them, and even all the UCMJ action in the world wont sway them. Build good soldiers through good leadership. This means NEVER stooping to the level of a mouthy private. Give them confidence by never being swayed by their attitudes. You know how people are. They just wanna get a rise out of you.

I know this is long but im going to share a story. I had a 1sg in Ansbach who was stalky, and had some sort of sick twisted love for running in blizzards with nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. I am speaking of Battery PT by the way. The man was firm in his decisions and in the way that he operated the Battery. He commanded respect through actions and this is probably the best part of all. I never once heard him raise his voice, or berate another soldier unless they were actively joking.

My advice to those who want to know what is right and what is wrong. Dont fall for the "What I say is right!!!" thing from your NCO's or even your fellow soldiers (barracks lawyers). Learn the regs yourself. AR 670-1 for dress code. AR 700-1 for Courtesies and Customs.

At any rate dont forget IG for the blatantly obvious issues that command feels like ignoring.
Believe me, they have no problem ripping a Commander out of their Command position or a 1SG from his cozy office if they are doing the wrong thing.