armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to tnkssngr
Default Car registration

So, do I have to renew my liscense everywhere we move to get my car registration? I'm now in Ohio. My car is registered in Texas. I need to do the registration in June but my liscense doesn't expire till 2013. Not sure what I need to do.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Brigadier General

Call the local Motor Vehicle Dept. Each state seems to have a different way of doing things. If you still maintain your permanent residence at your original home & still vote from that state then you can keep your original registration & DL. More than likely you've changer your official residence & thst's where a phone call to the local authority comes into play.

The whole time I was in the Army my car & DL were from WI. When I voted I voted absentee from the state of WI, city of Milwaukee. My wife & kids stayed home so I still owned property there.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.