armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 09-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Staff Sergeant

Default Whats your weapon of choice?

If you were deployed into a theatre of operations today and you had a pick of the worlds finest weaponry,what would choose and why?
For me its the Barret light .50,simply because its the best choice for any sniper,for obvious reasons!

Old 09-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.Warrior
If you were deployed into a theatre of operations today and you had a pick of the worlds finest weaponry,what would choose and why?
For me its the Barret light .50,simply because its the best choice for any sniper,for obvious reasons!
As a sniper qual'd soldier, I would have to say no on the .50. It's an anti-material rifle and it is heavy - attempting to stalk with one is like an elephant trying to seak up on a tiger. Bigger ain't always better.

The best choice for any sniper is the weapon that meets his mission criteria, not the "coolest" looking one.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Command Sergeant Major

im with you, a sniper rifle is always the deadliest of weapons, when you know how to use it.

personally, depending on the deployment, i'd go old-school and load up with an M4 with grenade launcher (M204/M234?)... whatever they call it these days

Old 09-29-2005, 05:05 AM
Private First Class

Ya i agree with the M-4 with 203 it may not be the best all around rifle but its versatile enough to be used in most situations you come across

Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Recruit

We are talking weapons in general right? Hell, enemy platoon got ya down? Just strap yourself behind a MK19 and make kool-aid.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Private

Send a message via Yahoo to cadetjohnson

for a three round burst cgc rifle (i guess it's condsidered a rifle) i prefer the mp5 silenced nice rate of fire and compact

Old 09-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Heckler and Koch 33 (RK33 version), there is a perfect balence of range and a volume of fire if a belt is used

Old 09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
As a sniper qual'd soldier, I would have to say no on the .50. It's an anti-material rifle and it is heavy - attempting to stalk with one is like an elephant trying to seak up on a tiger. Bigger ain't always better.

The best choice for any sniper is the weapon that meets his mission criteria, not the "coolest" looking one.
I fully agree with your comments there Tacky,but needless to say the last time i was behind a light .50 i was by no means 'stalking'.And being able to bench press 325lbs means im more than comfortable tracking a few clicks with one on my shoulders.Then 'Dropping the Mark' with relative ease.The light .50 met the the criteria of that particular mission because the 'Mark' in question was sitting behind 12 inches of reinforced concrete,1.7 miles away!

Old 09-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.Warrior
I fully agree with your comments there Tacky,but needless to say the last time i was behind a light .50 i was by no means 'stalking'.And being able to bench press 325lbs means im more than comfortable tracking a few clicks with one on my shoulders.Then 'Dropping the Mark' with relative ease.The light .50 met the the criteria of that particular mission because the 'Mark' in question was sitting behind 12 inches of reinforced concrete,1.7 miles away!

Uh yeah .. okay. lol

Old 09-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via Yahoo to arctcfightr

i would have to say my brain is the best weapon....roflmao