Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 06-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default Terror Strike in Glasgow.....

Breaking News
The enemy is out there and the Uk and the USA are on alert. I always feel uneasy this time of the year (the 4th of july in the USA) and with the new PM in office in the UK.....the enemy is up to something.....take a look see.....

'Terror Strike' As Burning Jeep Hits Airport
Updated: 19:59, Saturday June 30, 2007

Two people are being held after a burning Jeep was rammed through the terminal building at Glasgow airport.
The incident is being treated as a terror attack, a nearby hospital has been evacuated, extra police are at other UK airports and the Prime Minister is chairing a Cobra emergency meeting.

The jeep on fireAs she arrived at the Cobra meeting, Home Secretary Jacqui Smith described the Glasgow incident as "serious".

The Jeep Cherokee was rammed into the terminal at 3.11pm this afternoon.

Witnesses reported hearing a series of loud "bangs" and saw two men - one of whom was on fire - emerge from the vehicle.

As holidaymakers ran screaming from the terminal, one member of the public managed to floor the man who was in flames.

The suspect was then arrested by police and taken to Paisley's Alexandra hospital, which has since been evacuated.

The second man was arrested and taken to Govan police station. Police used mace spray on one of the suspects to subdue him.

Some witnesses told Sky News they saw three men in the Jeep, and they were all wearing boiler suits.

Blackpool airport has now been shut down and security tightened at Newcastle and Edinburgh airports. The US has also installed extra security at its airports.

We need to keep a sharp eye out for anything out of the norm....the enemy is out there.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:27 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Breaking News
The enemy is out there and the Uk and the USA are on alert. I always feel uneasy this time of the year (the 4th of july in the USA) and with the new PM in office in the UK.....the enemy is up to something.....take a look see.....

'Terror Strike' As Burning Jeep Hits Airport
Updated: 19:59, Saturday June 30, 2007

Two people are being held after a burning Jeep was rammed through the terminal building at Glasgow airport.
The incident is being treated as a terror attack, a nearby hospital has been evacuated, extra police are at other UK airports and the Prime Minister is chairing a Cobra emergency meeting.

The jeep on fireAs she arrived at the Cobra meeting, Home Secretary Jacqui Smith described the Glasgow incident as "serious".

The Jeep Cherokee was rammed into the terminal at 3.11pm this afternoon.

Witnesses reported hearing a series of loud "bangs" and saw two men - one of whom was on fire - emerge from the vehicle.

As holidaymakers ran screaming from the terminal, one member of the public managed to floor the man who was in flames.

The suspect was then arrested by police and taken to Paisley's Alexandra hospital, which has since been evacuated.

The second man was arrested and taken to Govan police station. Police used mace spray on one of the suspects to subdue him.

Some witnesses told Sky News they saw three men in the Jeep, and they were all wearing boiler suits.

Blackpool airport has now been shut down and security tightened at Newcastle and Edinburgh airports. The US has also installed extra security at its airports.

We need to keep a sharp eye out for anything out of the norm....the enemy is out there.

Always Vigilant!! Always there!!... Thats the reality as I see it... Interesting to see the fast lowering IQ and Training Levels of the Ts.. shows what a little Int. Cooperation can do...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 06-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Always Vigilant!! Always there!!... Thats the reality as I see it... Interesting to see the fast lowering IQ and Training Levels of the Ts.. shows what a little Int. Cooperation can do...
Hooah. I know the enemy (T's) are always out there but we are making head way on the global war on terror.....One day we will win this war but not until we root out and destroy every (T) their is.....

You make a good point. The Training camps and operations of the enemy are being destroyed everyday and the world is getting smaller for the enemy the (T's) to operate in.....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Hooah. I know the enemy (T's) are always out there but we are making head way on the global war on terror.....One day we will win this war but not until we root out and destroy every (T) their is.....

You make a good point. The Training camps and operations of the enemy are being destroyed everyday and the world is getting smaller for the enemy the (T's) to operate in.....

The world is a mysterious place, one where forces move in ways that seem mysterous to us.... one thing thats for sure, they are out there, and so are we!!.... I rest my case!!..

Old 06-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Brigadier General

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
The world is a mysterious place, one where forces move in ways that seem mysterous to us.... one thing thats for sure, they are out there, and so are we!!.... I rest my case!!..

Nice..... .....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Major General

[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/uk/video/103000/bb/103476_16x9_bb.asx"]Eyewitness account[/URL]

Interesting how the target was in Scotland

Now we know the means these people are prepared to use. It raises a multitude of security issues. Can't really stop cars from going to airports can we ? and why the hell should we alter our way of life anyway ........

Last edited by Texas; 06-30-2007 at 05:00 PM..

Old 06-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/uk/video/103000/bb/103476_16x9_bb.asx"]Eyewitness account[/URL]

Interesting how the target was in Scotland

Now we know the means these people are prepared to use. It raises a multitude of security issues. Can't really stop cars from going to airports can we ? and why the hell should we alter our way of life anyway ........
We shouldn't. And sooner or later we should send a decisive message that they can't make us.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:44 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence View Post
We shouldn't. And sooner or later we should send a decisive message that they can't make us.

Texas..... Common Sense... you speak with clarity that needs a clear airiing.... Terrorism is as it suggests... the implementation of terror to acheive aims to one partys benefit, and to the determent of another party.