armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #1  
Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
StevenPreece StevenPreece is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 66
Default World Cup Football

Not sure if there are many budding football/Soccer fans out there, but what's the general opinion on who'll win the world cup.

Personally, I think Brazil, but there are a lot of other countries producing strong football teams these days.


Who do you think will win?


Regards


Steve
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
RMC RMC is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 169
Default

All the english here are going crazy thinking they'll win the world cup, BAH!
They'll do well but when you have Germany (playing at home, tougher nut to crack) Brazil, France and a few more against England then they're screwed.
My team is Scotland but sadly they didn't make it past the qualifiers
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-08-2006, 05:01 AM
StevenPreece StevenPreece is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 66
Default germany

RMC, I agree with you. Germany are on home soil and are strong in competition play.

England's warm up match against Hungary was interesting. The game against Jamaica was easy because they were a lot lower standard. However, I think England may win their initial group, but the outcome of the rest of the games will, I think, be interesting.


Steve
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

Germany is a good place for England to win !

What do you reckon to all this Flag buying ,waving ,hanging up and attaching to car business. I find it over exaggerated nonsense .We're becoming so affected by things that don't really matter .

Maybe its me ,but I can't see it ................
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 AM
StevenPreece StevenPreece is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 66
Default Flags

The flags are getting on my nerves too. I saw a couple come loose the other day and almost casue the driver infront of me to crash when they landed on his windscreen.

Anyway: Good Luck to England.

But, let's not underestimate anybody.


Steve
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Ironically, I think this Cross of st George flag waving has been brought about by the Scots . For a long time now the Scots have rammed their Cross down our throats . All part of a silly trend on our small Island .
The Union Jack says who I am(Anglo saxon /Celt) better than a flag that was never used up until recently . We don't even celebrate st Georges day ..
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Zekos's Avatar
Zekos Zekos is offline
Staff Sergeant
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: United States of America
Posts: 115
Arrow

Viva Mexico, got to, its blood
__________________
For my Brothers who ran into Hell and now walk with Angels. Gone but not forgotten.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
js_mac's Avatar
js_mac js_mac is offline
Second Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
This shallow nationalism
There's nothing wrong or shallow about it. If you don't feel proud enough to support the England flag, that's your own problem - don't blame it on the Scots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
brought about by a bunch of Narrow minded bigots north of the border .
You've got this whole Scottish-English football thing wrong. Scots have no ill-feeling towards the English. This whole anti-English football thing is just an old tradition. Most Scots feel just as loyal to the UK as they do to Scotland. I mean, look at the SNP... they get about 3 votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
But down here we're getting awfully pissed off with reference to North sea oil and how much Scotland (population 5 million ) is keeping England afloat Give me strength !
Just like how people up here get pissed off with the way the English always go on about how much the Scots hate them. English people always whine on (look at this thread) about Scots not supporting the England football team. No one up hear EVER talks about England living off Scotland, nor do we talk about North Sea oil. I only bring it up when some twat calls all Scots dole-dossers who live off English tax money.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

[QUOTE=js_mac]
Quote:
There's nothing wrong or shallow about it.
Apparently you've been educated ,I would expect you of all people to know better. If you haven't figured out what divides a society ,GOD HELP US !

Quote:
If you don't feel proud enough to support the England flag, that's your own problem - don't blame it on the Scots
There was never any st georges cross flag waving up until the last few years .we were always proud to use the Union Jack. Unlike the Scots .Who in the main chose to RAM the St Andrews cross down our knecks at every opportunity .

Quote:
You've got this whole Scottish-English football thing wrong. Scots have no ill-feeling towards the English. This whole anti-English football thing is just an old tradition. Most Scots feel just as loyal to theas they do to Scotland. I mean, look at the SNP... they get about 3 votes.
Bring the SNP into it,if you want .I'm talking about something alittle more deep seated than the colour of the month politics . If your trying to tell me there isn't deep seated resentment in Scotland toward the English .Sorry, I'm not buying it !

Quote:
Just like how people up here get pissed off with the way the English always go on about how much the Scots hate them. English people always whine on (look at this thread) about Scots not supporting the England football team. No one up hear EVER talks about England living off Scotland, nor do we talk about North Sea oil. I only bring it up when some twat calls all Scots dole-dossers who live off English tax money
So you are fully supporting England in this world cup and are proudly stating this fact to all your freinds? ..................in Glasgow pubs etc etc you're not going to live long lad
__________________

Last edited by Texas; 06-22-2006 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Texas's Avatar
Texas Texas is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,765
Default

[QUOTE=js_mac]
Quote:
There's nothing wrong or shallow about it.
Apparently you've been educated ,I would expect you of all people to know better. If you haven't figured out what divides a society ,GOD HELP US !

Quote:
If you don't feel proud enough to support the England flag, that's your own problem - don't blame it on the Scots
There was never any st georges cross flag waving up until the last few years .we were always proud to use the Union Jack. Unlike the Scots .Who in the main chose to RAM the St Andrews cross down our knecks at every opportunity .

Quote:
You've got this whole Scottish-English football thing wrong. Scots have no ill-feeling towards the English. This whole anti-English football thing is just an old tradition. Most Scots feel just as loyal to theas they do to Scotland. I mean, look at the SNP... they get about 3 votes.
Bring the SNP into it you want .I'm talking about something alittle more deep seated than the colour of the month politics . If your trying to tell me there isn't deep seated resentment in Scotland toward the English .Sorry, I'm not buying it !

Quote:
Just like how people up here get pissed off with the way the English always go on about how much the Scots hate them. English people always whine on (look at this thread) about Scots not supporting the England football team. No one up hear EVER talks about England living off Scotland, nor do we talk about North Sea oil. I only bring it up when some twat calls all Scots dole-dossers who live off English tax money
So you are fully supporting England in this world cup and are proudly stating this fact to all your freinds? ..................in Glasgow pubs etc etc you're not going to live long lad
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.