armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool For the kids..A soldiers APFT Award winning Training....

...A preivous post...9/06/ 3/07..Fitness combats fatigue=better decision making under pressure...Come and get some...This is for the kids who want to learn. Hooah.

You'll need to work on your speed and strength which will give you more power to perform at your very best...Run sleep run...watch what you eat and run some more. Day and night. Try doing alot of bike work and running "everyday". Sprints and miles...It will be attitude....

Set a performance schedule and stick to it. It's the simple things.. you can do that make you hungry for more.....It will be attitude.....

I'm lucky ...I'm a college "D-1" athlete recruited and was given a performance work-out schedule and diet we have to follow and fax back to our coaching staff every week during our off season. I did very well by it..... It will be attitude.....

I received the APFT "twice"... (Army Superior Physical Fitness Award) 2006/2007 AlphaCompany, 2nd Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment, 1st Basic Combat Training Brigade and 2007 Air Assualt APFT P/T Training Awards.....It will be attitude.....

Leg strength.
Torso strength.
Upper body strength.
Strength is never a negative....lack of flexibility is..It will be attitude.....

Strength is the key element in;
1.Power
2.Speed
Run (1 to 3 miles)Morning and Night..
Flexibility Training ( Stretching) everyday...
Aerobic Training...bike work and jump rope...jump steps..jump cones..
Weight training..(keep it safe)
Run ( sprints.20 yards..50 yards..75 yards 100 yards) X 4.....Everyday...It will be attitude.....

Leg lifts and curls with and without weights.. Power Squats. Double Leg Vert Power jumps..
Leg Extensions...
Core Training..
Crunches w /weights....
Push ups 25 times x four sets throughout the day until you can do 50 x4. (Everyday)
Pull ups...every chance you get ...20x4...Get plenty of sleep watch what you eat and in time...You'll be Right and Ready.It will be attitude.....

Spc. Nightflyer.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 02-09-2008 at 10:51 AM..

Old 02-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
...A preivous post...9/06/ 3/07..Fitness combats fatigue=better decision making under pressure...Come and get some...This is for the kids who want to learn. Hooah.

You'll need to work on your speed and strength which will give you more power to perform at your very best...Run sleep run...watch what you eat and run some more. Day and night. Try doing alot of bike work and running "everyday". Sprints and miles...It will be attitude....

Set a performance schedule and stick to it. It's the simple things.. you can do that make you hungry for more.....It will be attitude.....

I'm lucky ...I'm a college "D-1" athlete recruited and was given a performance work-out schedule and diet we have to follow and fax back to our coaching staff every week during our off season. I did very well by it..... It will be attitude.....

I received the APFT "twice"... (Army Superior Physical Fitness Award) 2006/2007 AlphaCompany, 2nd Battalion, 13th Infantry Regiment, 1st Basic Combat Training Brigade and 2007 Air Assualt APFT P/T Training Awards.....It will be attitude.....

Leg strength.
Torso strength.
Upper body strength.
Strength is never a negative....lack of flexibility is..It will be attitude.....

Strength is the key element in;
1.Power
2.Speed
Run (1 to 3 miles)Morning and Night..
Flexibility Training ( Stretching) everyday...
Aerobic Training...bike work and jump rope...jump steps..jump cones..
Weight training..(keep it safe)
Run ( sprints.20 yards..50 yards..75 yards 100 yards) X 4.....Everyday...It will be attitude.....

Leg lifts and curls with and without weights.. Power Squats. Double Leg Vert Power jumps..
Leg Extensions...
Core Training..
Crunches w /weights....
Push ups 25 times x four sets throughout the day until you can do 50 x4. (Everyday)
Pull ups...every chance you get ...20x4...Get plenty of sleep watch what you eat and in time...You'll be Right and Ready.It will be attitude.....

Spc. Nightflyer.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
Is it rumor that they are no longer requiring pull-ups because of too many shoulder injuries? Good read Night!

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 02-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Is it rumor that they are no longer requiring pull-ups because of too many shoulder injuries? Good read Night!
We have this home made pull-up bar at the shop..Nothing special..It's just a bar clamped acrossed the shevles...I hit it every morning at work... The kids, can always use their swing-set bar in the back yard for pull-ups...I always did...lol..
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Brigadier General

We're not required to do pull-ups at bct...lol..It's just adds a little more to my training ...
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
We're not required to do pull-ups at bct...lol..It's just adds a little more to my training ...
ok just curious... J was telling me about it like three weeks ago or something. I was like - ARE YOU SERIOUS? A little more - whatever - that is a lot... hahahaha

-Fireball

Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
ok just curious... J was telling me about it like three weeks ago or something. I was like - ARE YOU SERIOUS? A little more - whatever - that is a lot... hahahaha
haha...yeah, it's fun..I like my training and work..My time management is key..Im going back to my studies...TTL.....
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Army doesn't and hasn't required Pull-ups for the PT test. That's a Navy/Marine Corps thing.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky View Post
Army doesn't and hasn't required Pull-ups for the PT test. That's a Navy/Marine Corps thing.
Maybe I should not have said "required"... they aren't doing them anymore. I know in bct and ait they were having the guys do them, but they weren't part of the scoring for graduation requirements.

But I had no clue they were part of the PT tests for Navy and Marines... learn something new every day...

-Fireball

Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
.But I had no clue they were part of the PT tests for Navy and Marines... learn something new every day...
Yeah, that's ok mom.....so does the kids..."it will be attitude"..ha ha .... I was on that old swing-set bar like a soldier blackhawk pilot in waiting...I used the monkey bars like a D/S....lol..
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Private

my unit takes it up a notch all the time !