armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 01-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Recruit

Thumbs up Almost Ready to Go

My name is Justin. This will be my 2nd time that I have enlisted. The first time, I was 18 and did not make it past Reception. I was medically discharged because of an eye condition I chose not to get waivered. I have Amblyopia in my left eye. It is waiverable and I was told by the LT. COLONEL at FT. Leonard Wood MO, that I could continue on with a waiver. I had already waited a month in B company and I was ready to go, so I opted to go home. However, almost 2 years later, I speak to a new recruiter and wish to be reenlisted. Different MOS, Different way of going about getting in. Since I have partially experienced the Army, I know kinda what to expect. I am married. No Kids. The only thing I ask for here is, that you all pray for me and make sure I pass through my physical with the eye. And finish Basic this time. I really need this in my life, and I feel I can't do it without the support of America and the support of my wife. 2 Years ago I met one of my best friends in reception... This year he was killed in Iraq. So pray for me that I can fight too. For the USA and my friends name. And my family. Thank You.

Justin.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Private

Send a message via MSN to MissinMyBrother
Default God Bless You

Hi Justin, I recently lost my brother in Iraq and want to wish you all the luck in the world. You are very brave to join to fight and support the United States Of America and God Bless You for That! Stand strong and fight for what you blelieve in. All my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If you want to get in touch with me you certanly may. i wish to give you all the love and support that I can for your bravery. [email]nevaehstar3@hotmail.com[/email] Good Luck and god Bless To you!!!

Liz

Old 01-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Private

Send a message via AIM to Kyrandiae

hehe, another Liz posting lots and lots of good wishes and prayers for ya!!!! i'm hoping to start the wonderful enlistment proceess soon, as early possibly as next week... good luck!!!

Old 01-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Recruit

Default Thanks

I appreciate all the the support from you guys. It really makes me feel like a million bucks to get the support I am getting. I have an update. I take the ASVAB again on Tuesday. I have to study starting tomorrow. I also am ten pounds over the limit to get in so I have to sit in sauna's run like hell and exercise this out of shape body. I am by no means fat. Just a little over the army's limit with is 168 pounds. Weighed myself today and I weigh 173 pounds and have a 24 inch waist. Going to the gym thanks to the recruiter. Also, you said you were hoping to start the enlistpment process, ask about free gym access, they gave me an unlimited pass to the YMCA of Spartanburg, SC. I am FULLY taking advantage of it LoL.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:58 AM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default Rdy2ship2basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY2SHIP2BASIC
I appreciate all the the support from you guys. It really makes me feel like a million bucks to get the support I am getting. I have an update. I take the ASVAB again on Tuesday. I have to study starting tomorrow. I also am ten pounds over the limit to get in so I have to sit in sauna's run like hell and exercise this out of shape body. I am by no means fat. Just a little over the army's limit with is 168 pounds. Weighed myself today and I weigh 173 pounds and have a 24 inch waist. Going to the gym thanks to the recruiter. Also, you said you were hoping to start the enlistpment process, ask about free gym access, they gave me an unlimited pass to the YMCA of Spartanburg, SC. I am FULLY taking advantage of it LoL.
Congrats. study hard stay focused and let nothing get to you..
Remember your mind controls your body . no matter how tired stay focused and you will finish.. no pain no gain !!! remember that. pain is weakness leaving the body. hehe

good luck. recruit!

Master CPL Forsyth

Old 01-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Sergeant

Send a message via Yahoo to Grimes

I hope you make it this time. If you get shipped over to the war good luck and keep your head downwhen the shooting starts.

Old 01-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Private First Class

Default Good luck Justin

As I'm wishing you a good luck, my heart is broken, my only son is out there fighting the desert cold.Please make sure to not live any damage behind you or in your life, it's not gone be easy for you or the family you gone live behind, it`s gone be hard a lot of sacrifices coming up. But I do respect your wish and what you believe in.
Good Luck, we all be praying for you and may lord guide you in your mission.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:00 AM
First Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Firefox
Default Rdy2ship2basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY2SHIP2BASIC
My name is Justin. This will be my 2nd time that I have enlisted. The first time, I was 18 and did not make it past Reception. I was medically discharged because of an eye condition I chose not to get waivered. I have Amblyopia in my left eye. It is waiverable and I was told by the LT. COLONEL at FT. Leonard Wood MO, that I could continue on with a waiver. I had already waited a month in B company and I was ready to go, so I opted to go home. However, almost 2 years later, I speak to a new recruiter and wish to be reenlisted. Different MOS, Different way of going about getting in. Since I have partially experienced the Army, I know kinda what to expect. I am married. No Kids. The only thing I ask for here is, that you all pray for me and make sure I pass through my physical with the eye. And finish Basic this time. I really need this in my life, and I feel I can't do it without the support of America and the support of my wife. 2 Years ago I met one of my best friends in reception... This year he was killed in Iraq. So pray for me that I can fight too. For the USA and my friends name. And my family. Thank You.

Justin.

Good luck justin.. stay focused and stay strong.. and watch the eye.. and i hope you dont go to iraq. i wish that on no one ! if you do go watch you COURNER !!! never let you guard down NEVER ! no matter if you are in a green zone nothing is safe ! trust me i know ive seen many friends fall ... keep your weapon with you at all times etc they will tell you.. dont take it for granted what they teach you ive been in battle myself .. good luck with you and your wife ..

Master CPL Forsyth