armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > National Guard
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Recruit

Question What is the deal about Jackson????

I have heard alot about Fort Jackson and was wondering what the deal is about it?????? I am going in and my recruiter said he was going to send me to Fort Jackson. I asked for Ft.Sill Ok but he said no, you want Jackson. WHY IS THAT??? can any one help?? I am a female so if I do go to Ft Jackson , what do I need to expect, pack to take with me, be ready for ???? sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any response....

Old 09-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Private First Class

Location: Currently in Morgantown, WV. Home is Grasonville, MD.
Send a message via AIM to SoldiersAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SoldiersAngel
Default Jackson

Jackson is nicknamed "Relaxin Jackson" ... Jackson is known as one of the easier basic trainings... where as Fort Knox, Fort Benning ... those are the harder ones, and not to mention -- all male!

If I enlist with the 249th Army Band, I will go to Jackson as well... so I bookmarked a site;

[url]http://www.jackson.army.mil/BCT/BCT.htm[/url]

That's everything that they do... what to expect, a tenative training schedule, stuff like that.

I wish you luck!

You'll have to figure out what to take as far as the What To Bring list... my fiancee took some things to Knox (and while it's not Jackson) they made him throw it all away. So buying it was useless. Check with your recruiter for specifics on if they're going to make you get rid of everything. All forts are different.

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool Relaxin Jackson.....is no walk in the park.

I graduated from Relaxin with honors....I won the APFT Award (iron man) as well as others....My unit was awesome.

Alpha Company, 2nd Battalion, 13th infantry Regiment, 1st Basic Combat Training Brigade. We had to carry a few ppl in the begining but after a short while soldiers learned to carry themselves as well as others......Don't be a slack or a hack.

And you should be fine......Relaxin it was not. You will be driven into the ground. You will be expected to tow the line......You better get in shape now. There is no difference if your Army Guard or Army. Your a soldier. Good luck.

Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to foreverxyours

Good luck hon!!!!