armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Corporal

haha well i just went through what you all are going through! on family day, don't kiss them in front of the drill sergeants lol or hold hands with them cuz they might get smoked. family day is an on post pass and trust me the PX will be PACKED! there's a bowling alley, mini golf, and tons of other stuff to see on post at least. there is a dinner that night as well. graduation is a little better because you can take them off post but make sure you have them back at least 20 minutes before they're supposed to be back. some people were late on family day and boy did they get smoked! depending on where their AIT is they could get an overnight pass for one night but that just depends.
phone time depends on the drill sergeant. after the first 30 second phone call from reception, i didn't talk to my boyfriend for over a month. just always have your phone handy. calls are usually around 6-8 their time (depending on your time zone, subtract hours to find out when it'll be for you). they might even get their cell phones back if they took them to reception. but again, everything depends on the drill sergeants! hope this helps

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Private First Class

Alas, no call again =(...

Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Corporal

No call....and the Ft. Jackson website is back up....and NO new pics....ugh!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Corporal

yeah, i think the website could be down because the 2-60th had the largest graduating class (about 1200!) so every family might have overloaded the site trying to see the video. we got no pictures as well for the 2-60th. it'll all be over before you know it! trust me.

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Private First Class

Default No Call

Nope no call this weekend...what are these boys doing..?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Private

Cool Anyone

Have a friend or fmaily memeber in F Compnay 1/13 right now? They just arrive in thier BN on Friday or Saturday. I've not gotten a letter but I did get two from reception. How do I start a thread for that? Have they gotten to call home yet?

Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Private

Default Pictures

How long was it before they started posting pictures?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Private First Class

It wasn't long, within the first three weeks or so...But it seems that has come to a temporary halt (no new photos just yet)...We are lucky, I've noticed many of the other companies don't have photos up at all...

Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Corporal

Hey guys....
New pics are up....... weeks 2 and 3..... I think the first pic of week 2 is my son laying on the table...its hard to tell with something up his nose, but I swear that's his eyebrows.... HOOAH!

Old 03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Private First Class

At least the gas bit is over =)...