armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Current Events
User Name
Password

Old 12-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int
Equipped with what? Out dated Russian arms and equipment? They have nukes. They would have to nuke forces on their ground or in (and civilian targets) SK. I belive if something happens with NK mainly because of the threat a nuke can pose to China, that China would be one of our main allies. Who knows maybe it's the 1st real step towards good relations with the Chinese.

their equipment is sufficiently reliable to put in failure our armies as in the Korea War , yes it's possible they use nuke on their ground a country which devotes all its budget in its army to leave the famine decimated its people all is possible, China allies like Saudi Arabia? During the Korea War China helped North Korea why not a second time.

[URL="http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/"]North Korea Military[/URL]

and in bonus for you onepoint the[URL="http://www.president.ir/eng/"] official site of the islamic Republic of Iran[/URL]

Last edited by Jim76; 12-30-2005 at 09:10 PM..

Old 12-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim76
their equipment is sufficiently reliable to put in failure our armies as in the Korea War , yes it's possible they use nuke on their ground a country which devotes all its budget in its army to leave the famine decimated its people all is possible, China allies like Saudi Arabia? During the Korea War China helped North Korea why not a second time.

[URL="http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/"]North Korea Military[/URL]

and in bonus for you onepoint the[URL="http://www.president.ir/eng/"] official site of the islamic Republic of Iran[/URL]
Because today's China is abit different than back then. NK using nukes (like I said on their own ground or in SK) would not be a good thing for their neighbors of which China is one (for example the 6 nation talks for nuclear disarmament with NK that China is a big part of). It's in China's best intrest to act as an ally if a war broke with NK, if she wants to continue her economic growth.

Also I think the Korean war was quite succesful for us and for SK what leads you to say it wasn't?

On the link about NK the newest pieces of equipment they have are still over 10 years old and those would be what they have the least of. Their Navy is also made up of older Russian ships and submarines. As you said their Airfore is pretty much obselete. What they have isn't bad lets say if they wanted to wage an all out war against Cambodia lol. But the U.S. and her allies (more specifically Britian and Australia) are a much different story.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Second Lieutenant

not a success not a failure, Korea remained divided. don't under estimated North Koreans a second time you could have surprises as in 1950, I do not think that China will appreciate another foreign military presence in the area, the relations are sufficiently tended with Tawain and Japan but possible that they close their eyes or they will not enter in the conflict officially by sending weapons or volunteers. but all is hypothetical and nothing is foreseeable, for example USA invaded a country without real threat for their security. I don't worry for North Korea.

Old 12-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Major

Quote:
not a success not a failure, Korea remained divided. don't under estimated North Koreans a second time you could have surprises as in 1950, I do not think that China will appreciate another foreign military presence in the area, the relations are sufficiently tended with Tawain and Japan but possible that they close their eyes or they will not enter in the conflict officially by sending weapons or volunteers. but all is hypothetical and nothing is foreseeable, for example USA invaded a country without real threat for their security. I don't worry for North Korea.

Korea was divided after WW2. The point of the war was the North was trying to take over the South and we helped to the South to stop that. Bush belived the intelligence (so did congress lets not put it all on Bush either), Iraq was seen as a threat. Regardless we are now building a free Iraq that will be much stronger than before and an ally in a hostile region. It's called American intrests.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Second Lieutenant

not a success not a failure the threat always exists, the enemi is not destroyed, /Iraq was seen as a threat/ yes but you were wrong by your incompetence or your lies not very glorious. /Regardless we are now building a free Iraq that will be much stronger than before and an ally in a hostile region. It's called American intrests/ already finish the job and we will speak about it.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Major

Quote:
not a success not a failure the threat always exists, the enemi is not destroyed, /Iraq was seen as a threat/ yes but you were wrong by your incompetence or your lies not very glorious. /Regardless we are now building a free Iraq that will be much stronger than before and an ally in a hostile region. It's called American intrests/ already finish the job and we will speak about it.
Lets go with incompetence. I'm not a beliver of conspiracy theories and Bush has already admitted and taken responsibility for his actions on the bad intelligence. However what would you want? That we go in take the dictator out and leave a mess behind? We can't do that, France might but we wont. The job takes time, what is it that you're so scared of that we must hurry up and leave? If we stay longer is their a chance that we'll find some more evidence of your government's affair with Saddam? Rebuilding a nation takes time, training their forces takes time, installing democracy in a such a region takes time. We messed up on the intelligence in the process we did a good thing and we're not going to half *** it, because some people don't support it. We're staying until the job is done, and once it's done we'll have an element left in the country to make sure things are going as planned.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:04 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Lets go with incompetence. I'm not a beliver of conspiracy theories and Bush has already admitted and taken responsibility for his actions on the bad intelligence. However what would you want? That we go in take the dictator out and leave a mess behind? We can't do that, France might but we wont. The job takes time, what is it that you're so scared of that we must hurry up and leave? If we stay longer is their a chance that we'll find some more evidence of your government's affair with Saddam? Rebuilding a nation takes time, training their forces takes time, installing democracy in a such a region takes time. We messed up on the intelligence in the process we did a good thing and we're not going to half *** it, because some people don't support it. We're staying until the job is done, and once it's done we'll have an element left in the country to make sure things are going as planned.

...to make sure things are going as planned.

That's exactly the problem. It's a new kind of Conquering "American Style" for the 21'st century or something.

I wonder how large a force should be left in place in make sure things are going as planned and I wonder how heavily spied upon and monitored the people will be to make sure the plan is working.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I note that we were right and you were wrong. If your work in Iraq is as incompetent as your intelligence service I worry for the future of Iraqis but if you agree to pay taxes to finance the happiness of Iraqis I find that very noble and I cannot reproach it to you.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Major

Quote:
I note that we were right and you were wrong. If your work in Iraq is as incompetent as your intelligence service I worry for the future of Iraqis but if you agree to pay taxes to finance the happiness of Iraqis I find that very noble and I cannot reproach it to you.

I agree to pay taxes in support of American intrests in foreign affairs. I like my country being top dog. We're giving an oppressed people freedom and in the process building an ally to secure the growth of our influence in the region.

I never heard any crying when the American people paid taxes to finance the war efforts that brought about the happiness of the French people who were under German occupation.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Sence
...to make sure things are going as planned.

That's exactly the problem. It's a new kind of Conquering "American Style" for the 21'st century or something.

I wonder how large a force should be left in place in make sure things are going as planned and I wonder how heavily spied upon and monitored the people will be to make sure the plan is working.
Awww the big bad empire builders . Once again it's called American intrests don't act like we're the only ones that do it.

It doesn't take a large force at all to do that. We don't have to spy. That will be up to the Iraqi government. We simply need to leave advisors once the Iraqi Military is fully operational.