armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 08-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Second Lieutenant

Default Breaking Dawn...

OMG... I just got back from the freak show that was the book launch for Breaking Dawn. It's part of a series about Vampire love that my 16 year old is reading. You have never seen so many different kinds of weird in one place! Teenage girls to grown women, dressed like they were going to prom with vampire bite marks on their necks and I (heart) EC written on their chests. I am glad she is reading, and I am glad she let herself be seen with me in public (only because the boyfriend refused to go), but really now.

When I think of vampires, I think weird and scary. She uses words like cute and "freaking adorable". I am going to read the first one to see what the attraction is. I am not allowed to mess with the marked pages, because that's where the most adorable parts are.
Our new puppy is adorable, my granddaughter is adorable, I will compare it to them and we'll see if it stands up. I will let you know.

Had to have an Iced Tea from Starbuck's because the book store could not afford A/C for the event. I may as well go read it now.

Last edited by Txmom42; 08-02-2008 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: punctuation!!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Captain

Too funny! I have read the books and I was shocked that I actually liked them as I'm not a vampire book kind of person. Too cute about the marked pages, lol

Old 08-02-2008, 07:57 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Oh I have been too worse places hahaha like a star wars convention and my uncle who is a star wars nut drug me along.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
Too funny! I have read the books and I was shocked that I actually liked them as I'm not a vampire book kind of person. Too cute about the marked pages, lol
Yea, I started the first one last night, it not too bad so far. The caffeine rush didn't last as long as I thought so I didn't read very long. I am pretty sure she was up all night reading the new one.