armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Maybe he tried to join the army to get away from her....Dude I feel for you man!
LMFAO.

BCT/AIT: Ft. Knox, KY/Ft. Gordon, GA
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier gf View Post
. thanks for understanding
I didn't, but thanks for being disturbed by my post

Old 05-19-2009, 06:41 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I didn't, but thanks for being disturbed by my post
I thought the comment was pretty funny.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
You can't please all of the people all of the time but you can please most of the people most of the time..

Old 05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
maybe i was wrong and interpreted as him saying "her bf doesn't really love her considering he joined the army to not have to be around her" and i'm sorry, but i really don't find any comment like that funny. idk, like i said, i could have interpreted it differently from how it was intended

Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
maybe i was wrong and interpreted as him saying "her bf doesn't really love her considering he joined the army to not have to be around her" and i'm sorry, but i really don't find any comment like that funny. idk, like i said, i could have interpreted it differently from how it was intended
No, you interpreted it right. Thats what makes it funny.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Clearly you don't have a thick skin or a sense of humour.......Just chill, its not meant .We're having a laugh at our own expense .....or I am anyway!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
that was uncalled for...that did not need to be said and was totally rude. if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself please. i don't like having to read negative comments. thanks for understanding
exactly. that was WAY uncalled for !!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
oh no, don't worry you didn't interpret it wrong. these guys are just being incensitive. and its not that we don't have a sense of humor...its just not funny. i doubt to any girl actually..

Old 05-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
Michael was given an ELS today, and will be home within 4 weeks.. so..
What I said on my post of 27 April where you tore me a new one. I can always tell when things like that are going to happen. I'm sorry I called him a quitter. I shouldn't have come on so strong but all the signs were there. I had a very strong feeling he was going to be unadaptable/unacceptable for Army service. But you were right - I didn't know him so I had no business condemning him but I've seen it many times in the past when I was involved in recruit training. At least he didn't go the "attempted suicide" route, usually a couple of scratches on the wrists & a nice stay in a psych ward & then a nice discharge.

I truly & sincerely wish you & him the very best. I hope life is good to you.

Be aware of the stages he might go through :

At first he'll be glad to be out. He'll feel freedom like he didn't know for the length of time he was in. This is related to the "released prisoner" feeling.

He might sleep a lot. It's either an escape method or a feeling of having to catch up on the sleep he missed in the Army.

He might start to get moody after a while. He'll start thinking himself as not quite a complete man. He joined a man's world & found himself wanting. He couldn't make the grade. He'll question his manhood.

Eventually he'll get over at least most of it. He'll aways have the lingering doubt of what could have been. He may at one time in the future try to enlist again. He'll have a feeling that for once & for all he has to prove himself.

A former neighbor, now deceased, got kicked out of basic training during the Vietnam era. He was extremely glad to be out. He was a volunteer not a draftee so he wasn't forced in. After a few years he tried successfully to enlist again. He admitted that he felt half a man. This time he made it through & volunteered for Special Operations. To make a long story short he was trying to prove himself so much that he came home with a Medal of Honor after having saved many lives & killing many enemy at extremely great risk & disregard for his own life. Overcompensation? he thought so, although of course he said that he really didn't do anything like all real heroes say.

I attended his funeral just before Thanksgiving last year. He was 66 years old & finally died from the wounds he had received. I was on his honor guard & was honored to be there.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.