armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Recruit

Default Any loved ones at FT Jackson right now?

Does anyone have a loved one at Fort Jackson right now? My son is in his 4th week of BCT A Co. 1/34 Scheduled graduation is 6/26.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Private First Class

Cool hey there!

My 24-year-oldson is at Ft. Jackson right now. 1/13 F Co. He'll graduate, good Lord willing, on 29 May. He says the food is good. Got his cell phone back after the first PT test. He has been sick pretty much since he got there. He was worried about the final PT test, which was Tuesday. I have not heard from him to know whether or not he passed, though. I just keep my fingers crossed!

Proud Mom of Jake

Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Recruit

My daughter is at fortjackson right now. She graduates on June 19th, She said the foods lousey but she lucked out and has pretty good drill instructers. she says besides being homesick she likes it.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Private

Default cell phone???

im so confused by this? how often does he get to use it? i was at fort knox for bct and we rarely got 3 min calls on a pay phone.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Private First Class

Default cell phone use

He earned it back by scoring 205 on his PT test. He got to use it in his off time as far as I can tell. He called his finace mostly, though. They took them away again, though, a couple of days before Victory Forge. I've never heard of such a thing either, but it's been mentioned in other posts, too. Cell phone photos have been posted.

Oh, and he did pass his final PT test, with room to spare!

Very Proud Mom of Jake
1/13 Foxtrot Co.
Grad 29 May 2009!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Private

Default Cell phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBoots View Post
He earned it back by scoring 205 on his PT test. He got to use it in his off time as far as I can tell. He called his finace mostly, though. They took them away again, though, a couple of days before Victory Forge. I've never heard of such a thing either, but it's been mentioned in other posts, too. Cell phone photos have been posted.

Oh, and he did pass his final PT test, with room to spare!

Very Proud Mom of Jake
1/13 Foxtrot Co.
Grad 29 May 2009!
Holy crap! This is potentially very good news. (I ship in Sept.) More research is needed.
MOS: 25N - Nodal Network Systems Op./Maintainer
BCT/AIT: Ft. Jackson, SC/Ft. Gordon, GA

Old 05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Recruit

Default Hey All!!

My husband is at Ft. Jackson, 1/61, Rottwielers and will be graduating June 5! I couldn't be more proud of him. He's 35 yrs young and went from running in the C-grp all the way to the A-Grp. He's dropped 14lbs and is in the best shape of his life. He came within 2 push-ups and 5 sec. of maxing his PT. I can tell from his letters and phone calls that he's having the time of his life, and feels better than he's ever felt. He'll be leaving basic to go to AIT at Ft. Huachua. It's been tough for our seven yr old son and myself, but my husband is honestly my inspiration and keeps me going.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Recruit

Default Fort Jackson

My son was a couch potato but graduated from Fort Jackson on time in March! I just can't believe what all he's accomplished. He's now about to graduate from AIT at Fort Lee. I can't make it to the graduation - feeling guilty!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeArmyMom View Post
My son shipped to Ft. Jackson on Wednesday. I have recieved text messages from him every day since. He will Leave reception on Tuesday, and I expect the messages to stop. Today his text was his address. It is very difficult for me to decipher the message because I am very unfamiliar with all the Army lingo. Can someone help. This is what I have:
Name

This looks crazy to me, but it is what he text, does it look right?

Thanks,
Confused Army Mom
It's right, that's Army Lingo....put the ASATC on the same line as Jackson BLVD and you are good to go.

Now you should delete his address for his and his fellow Soldier's safety, you should never post full information like that.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Recruit

Thanks, how do I delete this? Sorry!!