armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Recruit

Default FT BENNING 4/17 Basic

Does anyone have a loved one in basic at Fort Benning. When do they call after starting. My son started and his letters are not good when will he call!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsweet2 View Post
Does anyone have a loved one in basic at Fort Benning. When do they call after starting. My son started and his letters are not good when will he call!
he will get his phone probly the 2 or 3 week he is there on a sunday only.. but the letters depend on when he sends one..

Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Second Lieutenant

My boyfriend shipped out on 4/15.. He should be able to give you a "hi i'm here, bye." type call within about a week..

His first few letters won't be good. During reception, he'll have a lot of time on his hands to think.. it WILL get better once starts actual training, though.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Private

Lsweet2, have you heard from your son yet? My son arrived at Ft Benning right before yours. So far I've found that calls are erratic, and really depend on their DS and performance. And then we didn't get a mailing address until Mother's Day, which made it harder. I was getting letters from him but couldn't reply. Since training started in earnest, he hasn't written much. He said they only get about an hour at night to do everything they need to do. I told him as long as I get a weekly I'm still alive postcard, we're good.

He graduates OSUT for 11X on August 7th.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Recruit

My son called on sunday for the first time since the I have arrived call. And guess what...I didnt get the call I was in a bad cell reception area. What is upsetting is I have been keeping my phone within arms reach waiting. I hope he gets to call again soon.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsweet2 View Post
My son called on sunday for the first time since the I have arrived call. And guess what...I didnt get the call I was in a bad cell reception area. What is upsetting is I have been keeping my phone within arms reach waiting. I hope he gets to call again soon.
ahh. he'll be able to call next sunday. more than likely. i guess its not always a for sure thing. but if he's doing good. he'll have a better chance at it