armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Corporal

My son said that Friday (the 20th) they started UAC, and that Wednesday (yesterday) they were going to the range.....

Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Private First Class

chris,
what is UAC? I heard that they were getting to fire their M16's this week too how fun for them...that gas chamber stuff looked nasty...I know thomas said that it was BAD...

Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Corporal

UAC - Unarmed Army Combatives.. and yeah, Wednesday was the range where they fire their rifles..... can't wait to hear how that went...

Those pics from gas chamber looked really bad....

Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Private First Class

Unhappy

Alas...And again, no calls...

Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Private First Class

Default Graduation

Okay so my husband is in this platoon, and has told me that he was told graduation is the 15th of May. I received the packet in the mail yesterday and it says graduation is the 29th. That makes no sense because that would be 12 weeks, instead of 10. I thought that on the website it was just wrong, but now i have no idea. I have called a million numbers and was finally given the number for his company. Have tried calling it several times, but it just rings and rings. I also called the number on the paper i got in the mail and it also just rings and rings. Someone please help. I have other things going on that depend on his graduation date.
Thanks

Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Corporal

My son said the 15th, and in his last letter he made sure we knew family day was the 14th. He did say the graduation packet was on the way, but haven't received it yet. I keep checking the website to see if they update the dates, but still says the 29th. I'll let you know what my packet says when I get it, but I would assume it says the same. Did anyone else get their packets yet??? Good thing I didn't make reservations yet....I've actually been trying to decide which hotel to stay at.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Corporal

Well, I got the grad. packet in the mail today.... did yours have dates scribbled out and new dates written? For family day, it originally says 29th, then that's scribbled out and somebody wrote 30th....then thats scribbled out and they wrote 28th. Then for grad. day, originally said 30th, thats scribbled out and they wrote 29th.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Corporal

OK....everybody take a deep breath of relief. I called, spoke with 1-13 D-Co. Drill Sergeant. Family Day is May 14th, Graduation is May 15th. They will be sending out new graduation packets he thinks on Monday, said we should have them by end of next week.

Reason for the screw-up: They usually start all companies in a battallion on the same date, however A & D companies started 2 weeks before B, C, E & F. When they send out the packets, all companies in a battallion usually all have the same grad. date, but whoever was in charge of sending them didn't realize the different start dates and sent them all with the 28th/29th.

BTW, where in the world do these DS's get such scary voices? I was ready to get down and give him 20 while I was on the phone....

Old 04-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Private First Class

O thank you so much for finding that out! I had tried calling and calling and i could not ever get through, I feel very relieved now!

Thanks

Old 04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Private First Class

This is the sort of bloody nonsense that drives me nuts...They need to get themselves organised (which is wishful thinking for ANYTHING remotely tied to the government)...Ah well, thank you for the update and hopefully they will get their acts together and ship out the right dates within the week...

As for the DS's voices...At DS training they watch the Exorcist repeatedly...Their heads would spin but the vertebrae have limits =)...