armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > National Guard
User Name
Password

Old 02-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Corporal

When I went and spoke to my Recruiters they told me the minimum on the AFQT was 31 but had been raised to 50 because "they want quality not quantity" as they put it. I scored a 56. I still have to go and do asvab tomorrow. 31b is the MOS I do want but would be just as happy with 11b. I suppose my asvab score tomorrow will partially determine which MOS i get. I will post after I get my score.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default not about you

REB,
Please understand that my rant about the bonus's was not about you. I appreciate a young man like yourself who wants to serve his country. There is nothing wrong with wanting to get all the information and money you can when you enlist,after all we are talking about signing your life away for a number of years.The person I was ranting about knows who he is. The little Fa**ot was spouting off about how the Army offers big bonus's for dangerous MOS's in the hopes the Soldier gets killed and they dont have to pay. This flag burning Pansy is the reason why some people hate the Military. Good luck to you Buddy and I hope you get everything you want when you enlist. Keep us posted and always feel free to ask questions.

"facta non verba"
"deeds, not words"

Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Corporal

I know what you posted was not directed at me. I do understand your, lets say frustrations with some peoples negative attitudes. There will always be people like that in the World. I would like to thank all of those who have taken the time to answer my questions as well as others seeking information. I have gotten a lot of great info from those on here who have/are living in the Military. I am getting ready to go take asvab in a couple hours. I will post my results when I get them.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Corporal

I took asvab lat night. Around 20 people there. Some of the people there are so young, it made me feel old. After the test my Recruiter went in and received our scores. Mine was 74. Now I go on to the next step towards enlistment.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Brigadier General

Good score.

Good luck in the rest of your procedures.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Corporal

Thank you. I was actually a little disappointed I didn't score higher. Although my Recruiter did tell me I got the highest score (I assume that was for the 5 people he took for the test). I am actually looking forward to the rest of the enlistment process.