armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Share Your Stories
User Name
Password

Old 10-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Staff Sergeant

Talking Current update!!!!!!!!!Re Code Correction -solving the fastest way possible

September 1st 2008 I was told by my recruiter that my REDD Report reflected a Re-4 for Reenlistment & a ZZZ Separation rating which meant ( I never reported for drill ) for my Reserve time I served. ( what, I flipped out )!!!!!! Since July 1990 I thought everything was cool when I received all my Honorable paperwork and dsicharge Emblem.
Here is when the real fun & stress began, the recruiter told me I had a 50-50 chance now of being able to get back in. He told me getting my RE-Code & SEP-Code changed by BCNR & NPC was like pulling teeth from a lion. I said you don't know me, he laughed!!!!!!! At that time he said until that gets done ( Code Corrections ) our hands are tied behind our backs!!!! I went home immediately turned my computer on and googled everything I needed to contact people and find out how I requested a correction. On September 4th I talked with someone and faxed my request directly to BCNR. At that time they gave me a docket # 8562, in case you don't know what that means!!!! They told me I was # 8562 inline for correction for the year 2008 and I had a 18month waiting period before my case was to be seen. Now, BCNR did not know who they were dealing with. I immediately called Congreesswoman Mary Bono's Office 45th district in Palm Springs California and explained my case in writing as well as on the phone, they sent me access and authorization forms for them to have ability to be the mediator with the Federal Government on my behalf. They sent all my stuff. I provided them once again to the BCNR office through their Liasion office in Washington D.C. I made many calls to the BCNR & NPC as well as Mary's Office for a quick review of my case due to unemployment benefits nearing the end. I had several people tell me that I had to wait no matter what. I still requested Mary's office to keep pushing and that the matter was of urgency to get completed. As of Oct 29th I received an email from a The following people are contacts that you may want from BCNR Mr. Greer & Mr. Silkett & From NPC Ms. Heather Topping & Mr. Stollings these are all good names for contact verified as of today for Resolutions for RE-Codes. Keep in mind 2 things here, you need to be Honorably discharged from both services ( Active & Reserves ) as well as Earning a Good Conduct Medal while serving. Which probably disqualifies 75% of all the requests that come through their office for a chance at a expedited review. In any case of those of you that this helped, I am here for you in any capacity, I can be of service to you. I am now getting my regenration paperwork done now to enter the Army which should take no more then a week, my eye exam for Glaucoma tests are great!!!!!!! Awaiting MEPS over 40 evaluation & processing should be seeing a career counselor within 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is also nice to know that when I Congress person is involved in your case people tend to listen more, nice knowing a little bit of our tax dollar is being spent very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Brigadier General

Do you mean to tell me that you're actually going to get a Congressman to work??!!?? Good for you.

We couldn't even get a return phone call from ours, not even from one of her lackeys. Congresswoman Gwen Moore. I was pleased to vote against her today.

Good luck in the whole process. Maybe now something will happen.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Brigadier General

Do the happy dance
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
General of the Armies

Awesome!!.. Get rethreaded well dude!!... enjoy the journey!!!..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Staff Sergeant

Talking

Thanks to some of this stuff I have been reading on this site. I have always been a never give up type attitude and maybe if I can get my 2mile run down I can try for something better then just Airborne!!!!!! I have a guy I train with weights and he just recently told me and showed me all the Boston marathons he ran in. So I asked him if you are a distance runner? I need the help for my 2mile and possibly more if I can get the help it would be great!! He said no problem I will show you the ropes to running at the gym on the treadmill, since you have done a great job with me , I am already losing weight because of the training you are putting me through he said. I said great!!!!!! All my background is done waiting for a Meps Appt now!!!!!!!! Vision is 20-25 I am in better shape then the picture shows that was in September while it was still hot out here!!!! Any suggestions people????????