Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
Ya sleep deprivation=teh gay. But it trains ya. If I hadnt had my sleep deprivation training, I bet I wouldn't have been able to survive 1.5 hours of sleep (went to bed 0130, woke up at 0330), then going to bed the next day at 4am yesterday :lol:
Still, I have to say this....I did a damn good job in my soldier skills at bct and won a few priceless award doing it. I understand your point about certain training aspects in reguards to your mos but at the end of the day that doesn't mean a soldiers going to pan out....for instance I went to AIT for Army Aviation Ops . I will go back to Fort R for my Warrent Officer training school and fly the blackbirds and follow in my dad's footsteps. That said, it doesn't make me anyless trained soldier then 11b.

We as soldiers have to find within ourselves to be the best at our jobs. A soldier who may find himself in a combat situation must rely on his training....yes. But a good soldier not only relies on his training but the soldiers beside him and his unit. Some of the best soldiers never even knew that they had it within themselves...

You could have all the training in the world and still be a wash out. At the end of the day it's got to be something you really want or it won't mean a damn. I have soldiers in my unit who are damn good 11b but their not the best trained or the most deployed or even the badest dudes in my unit ...I'll tell you that. And that's a fact. We all wear green and I don't care where a soldier got trained as long as I can count on him in a pitch. Unless of course your a real S/F's or Army Airborne Ranger, then all bets are off cus their the best. We all are going back for more continous training like repel and jump school and such...various other tabs. We did our bct from all different locations. It's what you make of it... Lol. Go Army
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 06-01-2007 at 04:04 AM..

Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Corporal

I haven't disagreed with you.. but in regards to say, yourself compared to an 11b, they have far more intensive training. That's a fact.
And in certain ways, he is better than you. Well, not "better" so to speak, but he knows how to do his job, and you know how to do yours.
I wouldn't want someone in the telcom shack to go out into a firefight or to plan an ambush.. that's not their strong point. You know what I'm sayin'?

Old 06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
I haven't disagreed with you.. but in regards to say, yourself compared to an 11b, they have far more intensive training. That's a fact.
And in certain ways, he is better than you. Well, not "better" so to speak, but he knows how to do his job, and you know how to do yours.
I wouldn't want someone in the telcom shack to go out into a firefight or to plan an ambush.. that's not their strong point. You know what I'm sayin'?
I hear ya, bro...beer time ..talk to you later. It could be worst and we could be wearing blue.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
It could be worst and we could be wearing blue.
Hooah man. **** the bluesuits.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Steady View Post
Lots of chicks at Jackson, both drill sergeants and recruits. A chick friend of mine told me about some occasional bone-humping in the stairways. Benning is probably the most strict in the Army. You don't train with chicks at Benning. I hear there are women somewhere on post now, but you don't train with them. When I was there, there were no chicks on post, and drill sergeants were meaner than junk-yard dogs.(all dudes). Huachuca isn't so bad, I hear. I knew an Armorer who reclassed for military Intelligence and he went to Huachuca for training, then came back for his motorcycle. He said the post is not too bad and the roads are perfect for ridin'.
uhnnn... what do you mean by "bone-humping?"

Old 03-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Corporal

i think all the bases are tough lol i will never experience them but my boyfriend was in jackson. it probably wasn't as tough as it could have been if he was in a combat MOS but he said it was still tough. basic training is the worst thing you'll have to endure, especially in the beginning because it's such a huge shock and difference from civilian life. my boyfriend also said that reception was the absolute worst week of his life and while the whole experience was very difficult, he absolutely loved it. just think... 99% of the population is not capable of finishing basic.
wouldn't you figure that jackson would be tougher with the drill sergeant school there? with all the new drill sergeants being on the same base? that's always what i thought.

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Last edited by 4jeepchick4; 03-31-2009 at 04:20 PM..

Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepchick4 View Post
i think all the bases are tough lol i will never experience them but my boyfriend was in jackson. it probably wasn't as tough as it could have been if he was in a combat MOS but he said it was still tough. he told me one of the drill sergeants would slap them and that one day he made my bf and his battle buddy slap girls in their platoon across the face. basic training is the worst thing you'll have to endure, especially in the beginning because it's such a huge shock and difference from civilian life. my boyfriend also said that reception was the absolute worst week of his life and while the whole experience was very difficult, he absolutely loved it. just think... 99% of the population is not capable of finishing basic.
wouldn't you figure that jackson would be tougher with the drill sergeant school there? with all the new drill sergeants being on the same base? that's always what i thought.
If the slapping is going on, something is majorly wrong. BCT is not about abuse.

Each installation that holds BCT has it's own aspect of tough. All Drill Sergeants get taught the same way and they personalize it.

I still have to wonder about that slapping, something doesn't sound right there. I tell you what if some other trainee slapped me in BCT, someone would be going down for sure. There was a time and some of the people on this site may remember when that was part of training. That is not what they teach Drill Sergeants now and that is not allowed so it's lucky that drill and your BF didn't get caught. I'd be careful who you share that story with.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Corporal

i'm sorry for sharing that, i really shouldn't have said anything about it and i removed it

silly boys... jeeps are for girls!
mud, sweat, and gears.

"the true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
PROUD ARMY GIRLFRIEND!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Everyone is 11b

I dont have any idea what BCT is like now. I went to BCT at Ft. Knox in 1983 (yeah, I am friggin old!!)
Everyone needs to remember that your FIRST mos is 11B. BCT is called Baasic COMBAT Training for a reason. I promise you this...If you are in Iraq and you are a commo puke and you come under attack, you will pick up your weapon and engage the enemy. No one cares what your MOS is when the bullets are flying! If your drill Sgt's are not makeing your life a living hell and making you stronger, faster and meaner, then he is doing you a disservice!! I hope all of you who are on your way to BCT will remember that and take your training as though your LIFE depends on it...BECAUSE IT DOES!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Corporal

Old nicknames stick.
My husband just graduated BCT from Ft. Jackson and during his 10weeks and 5 days there, I was chatting with a felmale friend who graduated BCT at Fort Jackson some 4 years ago. She was suprised by the increased rigorious training, especially for Field operations, FOB excercises (it included a 7 day operation as compared to just 1 - 3 day field simulations, 4 years ago.
Stories from the inside are that many National Guard are going active duty and we have had soldiers captured (ie. Private Lynch). So the military is using these situations to help them train soldiers better.

Reading posts on this site have shown in my opinion that FT Jackson BCT is no relaxin experience.

Last edited by bekamcclung; 04-01-2009 at 11:11 AM..