armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Private

Default My wife is @ Ft. Leonard Wood BCT & AIT MP

Hello everyone, My wife is at Ft. Leonard Wood for BCT & AIT for MP ( 31B ). She is in the NJ National Guard. I was hoping to meet others who have loved ones there or who have been there before. She is 39 and a PFC, we have been married for 15 years and have 2 boys . She arrived at Reception on May 6th and started Basic in May 12th. I only recieved one phone call, since she started Basic and it was a weird one. All she said, while trying to catch her breath was," I am here at Fort Leonard Wood, Basic Training, Ft. Leonard Wood, Something MP Battalion, Echo Company, I got go I Love You, Bye"! It was the 1st time she got to call from her cell phone, so I know the DS must have given her the phone to make the call. We still don`t have an address to write to her, but hoping we get it soon!
Really hoping to meet other who have loved ones there or people who have been there themselves!
Any info on this would be appreciated! Thanks, Pat

Old 05-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Second Lieutenant

Welcome

My boyfriend is in OSUT, at Ft. Benning right now, so I know how you feel.

I've gotten a few phone calls, but that was only because he is slick and snuck to the pay phone a few times. You should be getting a letter with the address that you can write her at within a few weeks, unless she is able to call you before then.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Staff Sergeant

Write lots of letters. My son was at lost in the woods for Basic and for AIT so I know the place well. She wont get to call a much as you hope trust me so make sure you forward your calls from the house when you go somewhere so she dont have to waste time calling more than one place. (that is what we did) he could still call collect that way. He didnt get to use his phone unitl week five and that was because he was lucky. Most of the time itn't until AIT you get to use your own.

Send her boxes of stuff things you know she would use. NO candy nothing sweet!

Write her, Write her, did I tell you to write her? That means more than you will ever know. My daughter in law wrote to my son every day, she just tell him what went on in her day everyday. He said it help him get through it all.

Good luck let us know how you are doing and how she is too.
We are here for you.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
Write lots of letters. My son was at lost in the woods for Basic and for AIT so I know the place well. She wont get to call a much as you hope trust me so make sure you forward your calls from the house when you go somewhere so she dont have to waste time calling more than one place. (that is what we did) he could still call collect that way. He didnt get to use his phone unitl week five and that was because he was lucky. Most of the time itn't until AIT you get to use your own.

Send her boxes of stuff things you know she would use. NO candy nothing sweet!

Write her, Write her, did I tell you to write her? That means more than you will ever know. My daughter in law wrote to my son every day, she just tell him what went on in her day everyday. He said it help him get through it all.

Good luck let us know how you are doing and how she is too.
We are here for you.
I go to LWOOD in a couple of months, how much contact will you be able to have with family and the outside world during OUST?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
I go to LWOOD in a couple of months, how much contact will you be able to have with family and the outside world during OUST?
Letters, letters and the occasional phone call.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Recruit

I know exactly how you feel. My husband is in ft leonardwood mo right now for basic and AIT Training for Combat Engineer. He left on the 21st of april. Its been so hard with him being gone and taking care of our four month old son. I miss him terribly but it makes me so happy just to hear from him. He has called me several times since he has been there. But the conversations were always short except for mothers day. I did hear from him last night but other than that the best communication is writing writing and more writing.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybeautifulrescue View Post
I know exactly how you feel. My husband is in ft leonardwood mo right now for basic and AIT Training for Combat Engineer. He left on the 21st of april. Its been so hard with him being gone and taking care of our four month old son. I miss him terribly but it makes me so happy just to hear from him. He has called me several times since he has been there. But the conversations were always short except for mothers day. I did hear from him last night but other than that the best communication is writing writing and more writing.
Be advised that usually Drill SGTs will make the recruit do 20 push-ups for each letter received. If it's a choice between no letters & no push-ups they'll take the letters every time.

You can always tell the guy who gets the most letters - his arms & shoulders are huge!
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Recruit

Send a message via MSN to pamelae20 Send a message via Yahoo to pamelae20
Thumbs up Army new wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx904 View Post
Hello everyone, My wife is at Ft. Leonard Wood for BCT & AIT for MP ( 31B ). She is in the NJ National Guard. I was hoping to meet others who have loved ones there or who have been there before. She is 39 and a PFC, we have been married for 15 years and have 2 boys . She arrived at Reception on May 6th and started Basic in May 12th. I only recieved one phone call, since she started Basic and it was a weird one. All she said, while trying to catch her breath was," I am here at Fort Leonard Wood, Basic Training, Ft. Leonard Wood, Something MP Battalion, Echo Company, I got go I Love You, Bye"! It was the 1st time she got to call from her cell phone, so I know the DS must have given her the phone to make the call. We still don`t have an address to write to her, but hoping we get it soon!
Really hoping to meet other who have loved ones there or people who have been there themselves!
Any info on this would be appreciated! Thanks, Pat
Hello my husband ship in may 4 to BCT and AIT and he start in basic in may 11, I from puerto rico, he is in unit 31 C platoon 1. He is 27 and is PFC to, we have been married for 5 years and this august 2 we have one year more, i have a little girl. Please pardon my english but is not my first language. I write letters for him every day. He dont call me in 2 weeks so I am very upset. he said is very dificult and hard, I love you I only have 3 minutes and the DS took my cell, bye. So I am hoping he pass de BCT soon