armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > National Guard
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Corporal

Send a message via AIM to CaMike140 Send a message via MSN to CaMike140 Send a message via Yahoo to CaMike140
Default National Guard Rank by assignment?

This question may have been answered on here in aprevious thread but I looked through a couple pages and didn't see it and kinda got tired of looking. Anyway, I am currently Active Duty with an ETS date of 12 JUL 09. I am transitioning to the Guard and will be filling a SSG slot with my same MOS. My question is, when I get out of active duty and fill my SSG slot, will i be pinned SSG? How does the guard rank structure work as I know it is different (no boards and such)? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks...

Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMike140 View Post
This question may have been answered on here in aprevious thread but I looked through a couple pages and didn't see it and kinda got tired of looking. Anyway, I am currently Active Duty with an ETS date of 12 JUL 09. I am transitioning to the Guard and will be filling a SSG slot with my same MOS. My question is, when I get out of active duty and fill my SSG slot, will i be pinned SSG? How does the guard rank structure work as I know it is different (no boards and such)? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks...
The Guard promotion system is not very complicated. If you posess the MOS for the SSG slot then as long as you meet certain requirements you can be promoted to ssg. If you are currently a sgt and meet hieght and weight requirements along with completion of PLDC or WLC, then you can occupy that slot and rank. You will be required to attend BNCOC within a year of your promotion date. If you do not attend BNCOC then you will be demoted to Sgt.
Hope this helps.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Corporal

Send a message via AIM to CaMike140 Send a message via MSN to CaMike140 Send a message via Yahoo to CaMike140
Default ...

Sorry it took so long to get back... I had an "absence of leave" so to speak. lol. anyway, that does help. thank you very much! have a good one!