armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Share Your Stories
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 PM
darlin_31792's Avatar
darlin_31792 darlin_31792 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: sparta ga
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to darlin_31792
Unhappy recruiters/enlistment nightmares

well i want to ask you about recruiters... how can they get away with what they do?
my daughter was a teen aged rebel and had me and my husband arrested for beating her up.
it was dismissed because it was a lie....her and her boyfriend wanted our house.
well they got it and we spent one night in jail...for it....
now the recruiter told my husband not to say anything about it at mepps..
so he didn't.. now here's a problem...the colonel...says he is guilty of fraudulent enlistment.. and can't reenlist for six months... the recruiters say they will have him back in in 90 days..
next problem....he quit his job......we have to grandbabies we are raising... and loads of bills due now!!!!....it is hard as heck to find a job nowadays. and now he's depressed and won't admit it..
he just sits here and won't talk to me about it...
he's french and very private and very quiet anyway...
he moved to this country to have a better life...but this is making it so much worse...
i don't know what to do to help him...he's been trying to get in the army for 8 years now and he finally got his permanent residence card and now this happens to him....i thought the army wanted people to join!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
torspo[fin]'s Avatar
torspo[fin] torspo[fin] is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlin_31792 View Post
well i want to ask you about recruiters... how can they get away with what they do?
my daughter was a teen aged rebel and had me and my husband arrested for beating her up.
it was dismissed because it was a lie....her and her boyfriend wanted our house.
well they got it and we spent one night in jail...for it....
now the recruiter told my husband not to say anything about it at mepps..
so he didn't.. now here's a problem...the colonel...says he is guilty of fraudulent enlistment.. and can't reenlist for six months... the recruiters say they will have him back in in 90 days..
next problem....he quit his job......we have to grandbabies we are raising... and loads of bills due now!!!!....it is hard as heck to find a job nowadays. and now he's depressed and won't admit it..
he just sits here and won't talk to me about it...
he's french and very private and very quiet anyway...
he moved to this country to have a better life...but this is making it so much worse...
i don't know what to do to help him...he's been trying to get in the army for 8 years now and he finally got his permanent residence card and now this happens to him....i thought the army wanted people to join!!!!
as if i would know anything..

but i do smell the Foreging legion (directly or indirectly) when i see thease kinds of posts.
might be false but anyhows.

Frankly.. there are not too much answers for you within thease forums....
you could convince him to go to with you to psychologist/psychiatrist..

He's Deppressed for a reason.
it needs to be "released" before he can be a father figure for he's doughter.
if thats not destroyed already (for the time being...). in the mean time you might have been contemplating
your part in this unfortunate happening. please do.

you are the mother.

parenting should always be an effort of both.. the mother and the father.

take my thoughts and do what you will.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 02-20-2009, 04:50 PM
darlin_31792's Avatar
darlin_31792 darlin_31792 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: sparta ga
Posts: 17
Send a message via Yahoo to darlin_31792
Unhappy enlistment nightmare

well guys i'm back for now.. but we're out of the army until the end of june..
the army discharged my husband and says he has to wait 6 months to reenlist.
my son id still in AIT school. waiting to take a pt test...
he is in physical therapy now for his knee.hard to know if he is gonna be ok after all this. what are you talking about? who's daughter? he is the grandfather not the father...
and there is no forgien legion in my house.
so what in the heck are you talking about?
i don't understand this talk
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM
reconmedik's Avatar
reconmedik reconmedik is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 187
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlin_31792 View Post
well i want to ask you about recruiters... how can they get away with what they do?
my daughter was a teen aged rebel and had me and my husband arrested for beating her up.
it was dismissed because it was a lie....her and her boyfriend wanted our house.
well they got it and we spent one night in jail...for it....
now the recruiter told my husband not to say anything about it at mepps..
so he didn't.. now here's a problem...the colonel...says he is guilty of fraudulent enlistment.. and can't reenlist for six months... the recruiters say they will have him back in in 90 days..
next problem....he quit his job......we have to grandbabies we are raising... and loads of bills due now!!!!....it is hard as heck to find a job nowadays. and now he's depressed and won't admit it..
he just sits here and won't talk to me about it...
he's french and very private and very quiet anyway...
he moved to this country to have a better life...but this is making it so much worse...
i don't know what to do to help him...he's been trying to get in the army for 8 years now and he finally got his permanent residence card and now this happens to him....i thought the army wanted people to join!!!!
Never should have lied in the first place. Seems to me that everyone here that is having trouble enlisting have not exactly been forthright with thier recruiter. Even if he hasnt done the background check before MEP's I know that before you go to MEPs you sign a form that states that you are not currently or in the past been in legal trouble. Once the truth is found out,especially once you have been enlisted you are screwed. The little lie or "omission" causes the Army to look harder than they normally would. Good Luck to all of you but this is a time when honesty truely is the best policy!!!

Last edited by reconmedik; 02-23-2009 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
reiss2 reiss2 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Angry

We actually went through the same thing with my husbands recruiter he was reenlisting and he was over the weight so they were taping him well the recruiter would tape him and he would be over by 2-3 inches the commander would tape him and he would be good to go then they would stop him cause the recruiter would tell him commander that he is still 2-3 inches over heck the recruiter spent more time visiting me at work then he did with my husband he would just show up at my work and sit there and try to talk to me and not about my husband being recruited at that point my husband wanted to snap his head off so he stopped trying continued his diet and working out then we called up a differnt recruiting station and same thing with the taping one person would tape one way and the other a different so the station commender gave him the go ahead for a waiver in dec so we did all the paper work and they didnt ok the waiver until april!!!! we were told the army enlisted so many people that were backed up with paper work like always if that recruiter doesn't work as for your paper work back and call a different station I promise it will be different but we were in the same boat had sold our house and moved our things to storage and stayed with family but our lesson was learned dont do jack till you pass meps lol good luck I hope it all works out for you!
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 AM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

A good rule of thumb:

If you don't like your Recruiter fire him!

Hire a new one from a diiferent station.

That might not work to well in a rural area. Recruiting stations cover a zip code area.

If the new Recruiter in a large city with multiple Recruiting Stations says he can't handle you because he'd be poaching someone else's territory just explain to him whart happened.

This is where the SGT Major of the Army's Recruiting Referral system helps new recruits. The Recruiter knows he was assigned a potrential enlistee from USAREC HQ at Ft. Knox & he knows he's being monitored.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
ganbare ganbare is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
This is where the SGT Major of the Army's Recruiting Referral system helps new recruits. The Recruiter knows he was assigned a potrential enlistee from USAREC HQ at Ft. Knox & he knows he's being monitored.
Hi - This is interesting info. As far as I know, the only record I have on file with my station was the form that was filled out for me to take the ASVAB. I never turned in the info packet they gave me initially. So, would anyone be officially 'assigned' to me? I'm not happy with my recruiters either. If I wanna shop around, say, to a different station, can I just get a print out of my scores and drive across town to find someone who appears to give two *****s?
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 PM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbare View Post
Hi - This is interesting info. As far as I know, the only record I have on file with my station was the form that was filled out for me to take the ASVAB. I never turned in the info packet they gave me initially. So, would anyone be officially 'assigned' to me? I'm not happy with my recruiters either. If I wanna shop around, say, to a different station, can I just get a print out of my scores and drive across town to find someone who appears to give two *****s?
If the Recruiting Station has your name there's not a whole lot the referral system can do. Try calling a different station & explain the situation to them. The information that you gave them is probably on the computer. Have them check. If you didn't turn any packet in to them you might be on record but they gave you up as a no-show.

All I can tell you is that I'm not allowed to refer people whose names a Recruiter have or prior service.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.