armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Private First Class

My son is in 1/13, Foxtrot Company, at Ft. Jackson. According to the grad schedule, he should be graduating May 29. I've only gotten one letter from him, I'm afraid. That was in on March 26th. No phone calls since the one I got when he arrived in reception. I was a little disappointed, especially since yesterday was Easter, and, I think, the end of the 3rd week. If his calls are limited, though, he may have opted to call his fiance. I can understand that. It's just frustrating not knowing what's going on!

On the upside, Foxtrot Company FIANALLY has photos posted on the website for weeks one and three. They all looked alike, though. The photos from week 3 look like they are starting IV's on each other! My soldier hates needles. i bet he got over that in a hurry!

Is there anyone out there with a soldier in Foxtrot Company? I have not seen many recent posts from Fort Jackson.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Private

Default Im in PA also

I am saying hello to noth of you, I am in Pittsburgh, PA and my boyfriend is a part of tyhe undertakers so far. His biggest problem he has written to me about is that ppl are messing around like you both said and havent been able to use the phones. I have recieved 3 calls from him adn they have been great. How are you both traveling for graduation> my daughter and I are driving down probabnly Tuesday night to be there Wednesday morning so that i can sleep after our drive. I did not recieve any paper work, invitation etc form Fort jackson, but my boyfriend said they were asked to provide them with the address of ppl they want theri information sent to, has anyone recieveds any thing? I do know the dates, just wondering why I havent recieved anything.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Private

Default I Need HELP!

I am starting to freak out, reading others posts, many have said they recieved graduation packets, and I have not. My BF is in 4th platoon-undertakers Delta Company 1-13. I also saw someone had acctually spoken to one of the DS's adn was wondering if I could have that number. Is it that we are not married adn technically not family, but he called me and has also written confirming the graduation date they told his company, and also had to turn in the address of the person he wanted to recieve the graduation information, any ideas on why I havent recieved it, I am freaking becasue now I am wondering are they not graduating him??? Please let me know if any ideas so I can calm down.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Corporal

D's girl,

I wouldn't worry about it. The screwed up the dates on the first one anyway...still waiting for the new one they said was coming. Are you sure he put your address? Maybe he had it sent to his parents or someone else. Just ask D about it next time he calls. He can request his DS to send you one.

I'm driving down also on the tuesday night. Hoping to get there by 3 for check-in. I'm taking my 2 daughters and my 2 yr. old grand-daughter, so it should be a long, fun trip. HaHa!

And also, GO STEELERS!!!!!.... We are HUGE Steelers fans. I was out to Pittsburgh for the Superbowl parade. It was awesome!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Private

Default Thanks so much

It was like a sign or something! I open my mailbox today adn there it is, like a kid on Christmas i was . . .so excited!!!!! I thought about it and have decided to also leave on Tuesday so that I will have time to rest, my three year old daughter will be traveling with me also, si definately have a fun drive as well! Thanks for responding to my post. I can't wait!!!! I am soooo excited to see him again!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Private

Default Gooooo stelers!!!!

oh and GOOOO Steelers although my sisters boyfriend plays for the Miami Dolphins.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Private First Class

Default New Graduation Packets

Hi all,

FYI...got my new packet with the CORRECT DATE....its amazing how the army mail gets to CA the same day it arrives on the east coast...strange...

28 more days!!!!!!!

Kim

Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Private

Default hurray!!

Hi klovato, what platoon is your son in? Yes it is interesting it took so long, I never even recieved the packet that was incorrect, probably why it took so long for me to get the second one mailed, at leas that spared me the craziness of having incorrect information. Are you travel plans all confirmed and ready to go? I am soo excited 28 days cant go fast enough! lol I'm sure for our boys its taking along time also!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sgirl View Post
Hi klovato, what platoon is your son in? Yes it is interesting it took so long, I never even recieved the packet that was incorrect, probably why it took so long for me to get the second one mailed, at leas that spared me the craziness of having incorrect information. Are you travel plans all confirmed and ready to go? I am soo excited 28 days cant go fast enough! lol I'm sure for our boys its taking along time also!
My son is in 3rd Platoon "soul reapers"..he is 19 y.o. and he has been doing great!!!! I can not wait to see him. Our boys are going to look so good in their uniforms.

We have made our reservations we are staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites on Two Notch; Christine (her son is Cahill in 4th Platoon) is staying there too. We are coming from CA so we wont be in until Wed evening. I am so excited...Our whole family is coming including my son's girlfriend...
I hope I get to meet you - this forum has been great to keep in touch with what is going on.

Kim

Old 04-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Private First Class

Default New Pics Week 6

Hey all

new pics posted - of course none of my son...bummer -