armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Sergeant

Default ah-64 bases?

anyone know where the ah-64 bases are, one of the mos im looking at is 15R ah-64 repairer, I've been told their only at a total of 7 bases not includding those deployed in the middle east, i was told germany, korea, and 5 in the states, anyone know where the 5 are?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 AM
First Sergeant

I've seen them at Ft. Knox, Ft. Sill, Ft. Stewart, Ft. Gordon and of course Ft. Rucker. That's been in the last 5 years.
I honestly couldn't tell you what they were doing at any of these places, if they were permanent, national guard/reserves or just in transit. I do know the Apaches at Ft. Knox were a constant and flew most every day. I've seen them most everywhere I've been. But a lot of those places I haven't been to in awhile.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Corporal

101st Airborne in Fort Campbell, KY also as the AH-64

Old 03-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Recruit

Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Rucker, Fort Drum, Fort Stewart, possibly at Fort Riley.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Sergeant

Just thought i would update this, turns out theres a total of 8 bases in the states that have ah-64's includding training groups. These are atleast the ones i could verify, Thou fort Drum im still not 100% i've seen multiple claims for it but could find a unit listing for them to verify.

Fort Hood, Fort Eustis(AIT training), Fort Campbell, Fort Brag, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, Fort Rucker, Fort Stewart.

Their not all active combat groups, some are training groups either for pilots or mechanics.

Theres also groups in germany and korea.