Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via Yahoo to I Luv My Solider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
Yeah and I am sure the homosexuals in the military get together and talk about their expiriences too.

But other than being able to talk about that. What benefit would it be to be open about it in the military?
From my point of view people seem to be more productive and alert to their jobs when they arent scared to be themselves. I was raised In a Christan family where I was taught that homosexuality was wrong.. but as I grew older I realized that you have to be an open minded person to succeed in this world, therefore I think that if the military didnt have such strict guidelines on sexuality that maybe we would have a more productive Govenrment, and Military...

Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Don't worry, jrj. I won't ask if you won't tell!
I thought you were more Sniper's type... lol

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Luv My Solider View Post
From my point of view people seem to be more productive and alert to their jobs when they arent scared to be themselves. I was raised In a Christan family where I was taught that homosexuality was wrong.. but as I grew older I realized that you have to be an open minded person to succeed in this world, therefore I think that if the military didnt have such strict guidelines on sexuality that maybe we would have a more productive Govenrment, and Military...
I disagree. If the military were as lax as the rest of the country, much less would get done. I work at a call center and there are numerous open homosexuals of both sexes. It is one of the least productive places I have ever worked.
BCT/AIT: Ft. Knox, KY/Ft. Gordon, GA
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Brigadier General

Do you mean more productive in the business sense or more productive on hitting on someone with the same sexual persuassion as you ?
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Who cares ???

I can tell you this. I dont give a flying monkey FU** what you do in your bedroom,backseat,closet backyard, airplane bathroom,motorcycle,or dining room table. I do however have a problem with you feeling as though you have to share it with me when I dont ask!! I dont get to scream my heterosexuality from the mountain top and neither should Sgt Sassy Pants! I only care that you are tactically and technically proficient in your MOS. I dont care which way you swing as long as you can shoot straight and cover my *** in a firefight!!
What I dont understand is why does the Homosexual agenda feel they have to have a special ability to let everyone know thier orientation. For those of you who have never served, especially in a combat zone I ask you to refrain from speaking about that which you know nothing about. In combat you have a special bond with your fellow Soldiers. I can honestly say that I loved my guy's! Does that make me a homosexual? I think NOT!! I am afraid some homosexuals may misconstrue the feelings that run rampant when you are being shot at day in and day out. In the heat of battle emotions tend to become extremely elevated and some gay guy's may take that emotion the wrong way...make a pass and then all hell will break loose! Weapons, stress, high emotions and a homosexual pass equals a serious disaster. The Army does not openly allow homosexuals to serve to protect them! Not to protect the straight Soldiers.

Now....Shortcake, you just went from Hot to SCALDING ERUPTING VOLCANO in my book!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
I can tell you this. I dont give a flying monkey FU** what you do in your bedroom,backseat,closet backyard, airplane bathroom,motorcycle,or dining room table. I do however have a problem with you feeling as though you have to share it with me when I dont ask!! I dont get to scream my heterosexuality from the mountain top and neither should Sgt Sassy Pants! I only care that you are tactically and technically proficient in your MOS. I dont care which way you swing as long as you can shoot straight and cover my *** in a firefight!!
What I dont understand is why does the Homosexual agenda feel they have to have a special ability to let everyone know thier orientation. For those of you who have never served, especially in a combat zone I ask you to refrain from speaking about that which you know nothing about. In combat you have a special bond with your fellow Soldiers. I can honestly say that I loved my guy's! Does that make me a homosexual? I think NOT!! I am afraid some homosexuals may misconstrue the feelings that run rampant when you are being shot at day in and day out. In the heat of battle emotions tend to become extremely elevated and some gay guy's may take that emotion the wrong way...make a pass and then all hell will break loose! Weapons, stress, high emotions and a homosexual pass equals a serious disaster. The Army does not openly allow homosexuals to serve to protect them! Not to protect the straight Soldiers.

Now....Shortcake, you just went from Hot to SCALDING ERUPTING VOLCANO in my book!!!!!
By erupting...do you mean....ehh...nevermind.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I thought you were more Sniper's type... lol
Shhhhhh I could get kicked out.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via Yahoo to I Luv My Solider
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Do you mean more productive in the business sense or more productive on hitting on someone with the same sexual persuassion as you ?
Like I said before its just my point of view... everyone has their own Idea on how things should be done.

Last edited by I Luv My Solider; 05-13-2009 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: I cant spell, lol

Old 05-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Private

I put a big reply on this at one point in time and for some reason, it isn't here. Do they have to approve posts or something?

Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzy View Post
I put a big reply on this at one point in time and for some reason, it isn't here. Do they have to approve posts or something?
nope...maybe you hit preview and thought u posted it.