armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 04-26-2009, 05:51 PM
First Lieutenant

Default parents

why don't parents ever listen. its soo annoying! i want to go to california. but my dad won't listen to me! douche

Old 04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Private

I so totally know just how you feel, I want to go to college out of state. But, my parents won't listen.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Brigadier General

They're listening but you're too young yet, so get over it!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
They're listening but you're too young yet, so get over it!
Oh I'm over it now. Until it comes back up. But they'll let me of course!!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Second Lieutenant

You should probably not listen to the following:

I'd probably just say **** you, and buy plane tickets and reserve a hotel room online. Of course that requires you to have a debit or credit card.

BUT... that's a good grounding so it better be worth it. hah.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
First Lieutenant

They don't listen to you because they don't want to break your spirit by telling you that your pipe dream is too far fetched for reality. California isn't gonna be like Laguna Beach on "The Hills" if you don't have the money. You'll end up in Compton instead because it is the only place you can afford.

So, instead of telling you that your a headcase and that you don't have the first clue as to how to survive in the real world on your own, they ignore you. Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.

However, you can always become Army strong. The military will give you the skills and tools needed to survive

/end army plug

Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Private First Class

shhhhhhh *can i plug education here?* go to college and major in education.. OR ARMY................. =)

hey two plugs..........go me!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:28 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
They don't listen to you because they don't want to break your spirit by telling you that your pipe dream is too far fetched for reality. California isn't gonna be like Laguna Beach on "The Hills" if you don't have the money. You'll end up in Compton instead because it is the only place you can afford.

So, instead of telling you that your a headcase and that you don't have the first clue as to how to survive in the real world on your own, they ignore you. Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.

However, you can always become Army strong. The military will give you the skills and tools needed to survive

/end army plug
Yeah well not to live just to visit family. They let me go three years ago and won't let me go now GAY. The hills is a good show I like it. I wish that's what actual life was like. It'd be perfct but nothing is perfect Nd half oft he **** is fake.

BUT Im not strong or smart enough for the army... My bf was saying some of the Stuff they are doing and...I can't do that yeah
Right!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
why don't parents ever listen. its soo annoying! i want to go to california. but my dad won't listen to me! douche
wait to you are a parent and your kids will say the same about you lol.

I was the coolest kid but the meanest dad in my daughter's book lol. People change with years and maturity and what any parent wants is the best for their kids.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Hell I'm glad my parents were tough on me. I went to prep school so for many kids, their parents didn't have anything better to do besides drink and party since work wasn't an issue for them. That led to these kids' parents acting more like "best friends" rather than responsible parents. Now that we're at college, my work ethic is paying off and these kids aren't giving a **** because they think they're set for life. For them, it starts off as heavy drinking, then mild drugs, then the hard ****. I've already had to drive two buddies to the hospital and call an ambulance for a third because of their coke habits. No matter what I tell 'em, they don't listen. Their parents don't give a **** because they feel that school is a party.

****, if I ever put myself in a position to OD, I'd pray to die right there because the beating my father would put on me would be a nastier way to go.

Be grateful your parents ARE parents, missing, because without that structure, your life can go to **** real quick.