armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Private First Class

hmmm..

it depends on the school district for gun safety programs. Most schools would not be able to afford ranges , etc., plus school is not about how to use a gun and how to fire one safely. .. it is alot to think about if you were serious on this debate.

btw - Just what grade would you like this to be taught in? Middle school, i would say HSchool .

Old 04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Sergeant First Class

Default What!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRGR View Post
what this country needs is a pro-active gun control program and not a gun safety program in schools.
we can not afford more armed gangbangers killing people and giving the controlled media
more fuel.
as we are at it: the 2nd needs to be striken,
gun-ownership should be a privilage and not a 'right'.
a central gun registry such as Canada has with all gun licenses issued by the Min. of justice
after a suc. completen of a standarized
nation-wide mandatory gun handling and safety training by
federal police.
anyone with a record should be banned from owning fire arms.
I dont think that anyone WHO IS NOT AN AMERICAN should be making any comment about what should and shouldnt be stricken from the Constitution!. Gang bangers are criminals and generally get thier weapons ILLEGALLY! Your idea is STUPID and goes against the very fiber of what makes AMERICA what it is...a country that allows it's Citizens to choose whether to own a weapon or not. I dont agree that one entity should determine whether you or I should own a weapon. Eventually a "record" could come all the way down to a traffic ticket. I think the way we do it is fine and generally the criminals for the most part are killing each other, so it's win-win for most of society. You think the Guy in Maryland who just executed his wife and 3 kids had a criminal record? That right there proves your idea would never keep people from arbitrarily killing each other. Besides if we banned all gun ownership we would just kill each other with rocks and stones. Remember the very first murder in history happened long before guns were invented.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbluesgirl1 View Post
hmmm..

it depends on the school district for gun safety programs. Most schools would not be able to afford ranges , etc., plus school is not about how to use a gun and how to fire one safely. .. it is alot to think about if you were serious on this debate.

btw - Just what grade would you like this to be taught in? Middle school, i would say HSchool .
I don't see why grade school wouldn't work. I went through hunter's safety at 8. The design the test so that a 9 year old should pass.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Private First Class

^^^^ Yes, hunter safety would be fine. but not in a elementary setting. hunter safety program is off school grounds and it is taught correctly. Not saying in a school environment it wouldn't be.

I just don't see 8 yr olds learning to read after they have been outside firing a gun . do you?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Private

as I can see reconmedik is just to young to understand the virtues of
a federal pro-active gun conrol program.
teaching kids to handle guns in elementary school is the wrong thing.
children should learn the 3 R's rather than toting arms.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Teaching them to respect firearms will result in less deaths. If you want the statistic on how many kids die from curiosity and not knowing what they're doing, I'll go digging.

Can. Gun Control takes guns away from people who abide the laws already. Criminals don't use legal pieces.

How many lives would be saved if Cho took three to the chest?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
What!!??!! Reconmedik too young?? If you did just the tiniest amount of research you would realize he's retired from the US Army.

And if you only did the tiniest bit of research in the history of crime in the US you would have found out that almost all crime here is not committed by honest gun owners but by criminals who cannot legally possess a firearm. Maybe some sort of gun ban would force those criminals to give up their guns voluntarily? I don't think so.

Please keep you nose out of our affairs. You have no say in the laws of the US, youngster. Keep your nose out of our business. If we want to teach children safe gun handling that's OUR business.

I'm half Canadian & sometimes that's embarrassing.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Moron!

Quote:
I am going to type r e a l s l o w so you can keep up. First my little canuck friend let me tell you that I am nowhere near young anymore! I spent the last 24 years with a weapon in my hand almost everyday. I teach weapon safety at our community center and I also teach Hunter Education at the same place! THE PROBLEM IS NOT GUNS!!! THE PROBLEM IS SOCIETY!! I dont want them to teach anything about gun's in school. I would prefer that our educator's spend more time and money teaching our youth the important things like reading writing and math! I was born in Texas and have lived in the South my whole life. I, as a parent am responsible to teach my children things like respect,honesty, integrity and commitment....and gun safety. Not the Government!! I dont need you or anyone else to legislate what my children learn. I also dont need you or the Government to determine if I am worthy of owning a weapon to hunt and protect my home with. Next time do a small amount of research and arm yourself with FACTS before you shoot your mouth off

Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Private

Default Blinders. anyone?

MSG Glenn and medik are all up in arms (pun intended) about the need for gun control.
the make-up of the present gov. shows what is coming; and coming fast!
Hillary already went on record with her speech when in Mexico last.
and sadly, many have to agree with her.
as soon as the economy picks up just a little bit the administration will get down to the business of controlling fire arms.
so take the blinders off to see the whole picture.
the bed is made,now we have to lay in it.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Brigadier General

But what you don't understand the right to bear arms is a consitutional right. It's the law of the land. Far be it for us to allow a foreigner to tell us how to run our country.

This whole thread is a US discussion. Nobody invited you to try to meddle.

Pay no mind to H. Clinton. The firearms she was referring to were illegal to begin with. There are already laws against that. No more laws are needed to restrict those who legally own firearms. Those that want guns illegally will get them regardless what the law says. So you'd rather have the bad guys have guns & the good guys banned from them. Keep your ideas in Canada.

I carried a firearm for 27 years in the service of my country & another 8 as an Armed Security Officer legally.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Last edited by MSG Glenn; 04-21-2009 at 11:24 AM..