armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 05-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungho
you are all sending yourselves away to a quick and terrible demise. why would you sign up for such a terrible idealogy. america is in iraq, afghanistan, etc. anywhere outside the continental us for no reason other than o hide insecurities. 9/11 happened because president bush needed to fullfill his vandetta he had against iraq, saddam, and any other country or peoples against the illigitimate state of israel. on israel, it is said theat every peoples deserves a place to live and call their homeland. after ww2, the un decided jews needed a place to settle, why palestine! if the jews are left "wandering" why not settle in german where they were masacred and slaughtered. the army is not the right place to go for college! i hope you are aware that there is such a program set in place called financial aid! it is to help people like you who dont know what to do with their lives, to go to college for a reasonable price. the army will not give you $20,000, full college, careers, etc. its all nice stuff they tell you to get you to sign the papers, but what your signing is not a contract to receive all these wonderful thigns, it is to send you to boot camp and send you to kill innocents and terrorize the world around us.

by the way im not some crazy liberal fanatic with nothing better to do, i go to school full time and work part itme and have a life. im poor, but i make ends meet.

I did 20 years in the army and they backed up everything they said they would do

it was THE LIBERAL PRESIDENT CLINTON was the only one who took things away from

last paycheck in half changed to high 3

and i lost free dental for my wife

and i lost free medical for life

the army did me right so did the DOD it is the politicians who have no allegance to us who take things away

Old 06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Private

Default crazy

gungho- some people actually want to serve their country and feel that is their duty. get your facts straight before you start blabbering nonsense please.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungho
you are all sending yourselves away to a quick and terrible demise. why would you sign up for such a terrible idealogy. america is in iraq, afghanistan, etc. anywhere outside the continental us for no reason other than o hide insecurities. 9/11 happened because president bush needed to fullfill his vandetta he had against iraq, saddam, and any other country or peoples against the illigitimate state of israel. on israel, it is said theat every peoples deserves a place to live and call their homeland. after ww2, the un decided jews needed a place to settle, why palestine! if the jews are left "wandering" why not settle in german where they were masacred and slaughtered. the army is not the right place to go for college! i hope you are aware that there is such a program set in place called financial aid! it is to help people like you who dont know what to do with their lives, to go to college for a reasonable price. the army will not give you $20,000, full college, careers, etc. its all nice stuff they tell you to get you to sign the papers, but what your signing is not a contract to receive all these wonderful thigns, it is to send you to boot camp and send you to kill innocents and terrorize the world around us.

by the way im not some crazy liberal fanatic with nothing better to do, i go to school full time and work part itme and have a life. im poor, but i make ends meet.

First off. No one ever said that you HAVE to join. Joining any one of the armed forces is a choice that people make. Unlist you are drafted or correct me if i'm wrong "Selective Service" now. You better count your lucky stars that you dont live in Isreal man. When you live in Isreal when you turn a certain age i think it's like 17 or 18 you HAVE TO join the Isralian army for no less than 2 years. EVERYONE does. This information came from friends of mine that were born and raised in Isreal.

Second off.
I have friends in different branches of the military. They havent killed anyone or have yet to be killed. Not to say the either one of those could happen.

Third off.
You might not be able to support the decision of your President but you should defend and support our troops and the decisions they make in the name of defending something they believe in. They could be in it for the country or for their own personal gain. Even if they want to leave the country and fight for a cause you feel is unreasonable. Instead of badgering them and going off, why dont you try talking to people and actually coming up with hard facts and a calm attitude. You would be suprised how people react to calm reasoning rather than rants.

I dont agree with your point of view or where you are coming from. But i do respect your decision to speak out. There is probably another way to do things. But for now, these troops that are "sending themselves to a certain demise" are protecting your way of life and you ability to live in this nation.
Think about it.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Private

Send a message via MSN to SpanDoc Send a message via Yahoo to SpanDoc
Default You damn right

Somebody told me to talk to recruter, some tolde me need to have a green card, some tolde me dont need a green card, this this this and that, a lot of diferent answers!!!

but wich one of you can give me a straight answer?

IS THERE ANY WAY TO JOIN THE ARMY FOR ME LIKE THIS:
I BORNE IN KOSOVO
I LIVE IN KOSOVO
I WORK IN KOSOVO
WICH IS THAT I DONT HAVE A GREEN CARD AND I'M NOT AMERICAN CITIZEN SO I WANA KNOW THE WAY HOW IS POSIBLE FOR ME TO JOIN THE ARMY?

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON THIS QUESTION PLEASE?

Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Staff Sergeant

Arrow

ill give you a strait answer, NO

Old 06-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
But why would someone interested in only the benefits not join because they didn't feel threatened?
...because the chances for deployment are up and people like those implied above don't like that.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Private First Class

Default why are you here?

There seem to be a few of you that don't even belong on this site. Gungho, Tacky, etc. if you are so anti-military, go find a bulletin board that shares your views. The whole purpose of this board is to support our military. I have just rejoined the US Army after a long break in service. I did not have to put this uniform back on, I chose to. I love my country, I believe in what we are doing, I care for my fellow soldiers. The benifits are much better in uniform than were available out of it. If you don't want to join the military, PLEASE DON'T. If you have contempt for us in uniform like WJC, stay out of sites with names like 'army.com'. And for everyones sake, learn to spell, use proper grammar, and punctuation whereever you go. Thank You.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajketchum
There seem to be a few of you that don't even belong on this site. Gungho, Tacky, etc. if you are so anti-military, go find a bulletin board that shares your views. The whole purpose of this board is to support our military. I have just rejoined the US Army after a long break in service. I did not have to put this uniform back on, I chose to. I love my country, I believe in what we are doing, I care for my fellow soldiers. The benifits are much better in uniform than were available out of it. If you don't want to join the military, PLEASE DON'T. If you have contempt for us in uniform like WJC, stay out of sites with names like 'army.com'. And for everyones sake, learn to spell, use proper grammar, and punctuation whereever you go. Thank You.
my respects.

however.. this site is titled as the "armies of the world" not "US army".
as you guys dominate in this field.. you have your "Add" stickers everywhere also.
an "Army" you can find from many countries.
and this thread is about basic training.. not support.

anyhows.. you love your country.. i love mine.
you went back to service out of that love.. thus i salute you.

(but im still most amused by the remark about Tacky)

Last edited by torspo[fin]; 06-22-2006 at 09:04 PM..

Old 06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Evidently reading isn't your strong suit, eh, AJ?

I'm so anti-military, I'm almost at my 20 year mark in the Army.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Private

Send a message via MSN to dea_larsen
Default hi

i just want to know when can i visit my husband during basic traning and would he have time to call me